The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what drugs have you done?
pot 36 83.72%
coke 17 39.53%
crack 7 16.28%
meth 12 27.91%
adderall/ritalin/etc 5 11.63%
ummmm... other? 24 55.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
We are a fun bunch!

I thought I would be happier once i left Uni, but I am even more unhappy now than I was when I was there. Im also starting to become really anti-social - what the hell is going on with me
You sound depressed, hon. Please consider getting some help. Unfortunately, though it affords temporary relief, alcohol is a depressant and so exacerbates the problem. Please take care of yourself!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
buckymcnix
This message has been deleted by buckymcnix.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckymcnix View Post
hey lady -
U A COP????
i'll never tell.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:55 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well then neithr will I . .. . (lets just leave it at half the list)

u been doing any singin this morning??
sorry that took so long - but i think it's coming along ok . . .
i mixed it at 3:30 am or something like that - so still work in progress . . .but excted to hear your part . . .
i've been singing a lot! i really strained my voice last night, though, so i probably won't record anything until tomorrow. i'm excited too.

Quote:
and see how it feels to get your threads hijacked you dang shark????
bastard.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
I have been very curious about the heated room, but extreme heat makes me so grumpy! You may admire me for having done Ashtanga, but unfortunately, I don't have much of a practice right now. There are scheduling issues for me now, and I am no good at keeping up my practice at home.
Yoga sort of wrings you out, muscle by muscle, and there are all sorts of discoveries to be had about yourself in the practice.

I never considered whether or not I did drugs because I was unbalanced. Of course, at the time, I felt like I approached some of those experiences in a very measured manner: I thought I was quite reponsible. In retrospect, I did many thing, unrelated to drugs (though drugs may have been present) in my teens and twenties which seemed to me to be responsible, but which were incredibly dangerous and self-destructive. Sometimes you just think you have it together, and you need an outsider to set you straight.
Wonderfully stated. The heat takes some getting used to. But I crave it now. And you are so right on about the discoveries that come from using your muscles in conjunction with the meditation. It's a near complete clearing of the mind that allows you to focus on the most minute of things. In my case it's a little diamond shape on my yoga mat or a spot in the vent on the ceiling. That is all that is in my mind at that moment. And in that moment is when you can really hear what your body is telling you. It's amazing.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:03 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Drugs suck.
Yep. They do.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 01:20 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I've never done any drug, and I barely even drink. Some friends baked weed into some brownies once and tried to get me to try it, but I didn't. It was entertaining watching them get ****ed up on it, though.

I think I saw my grandmother get ****ed up on Soma, Xanax, Vicodin, etc. too many times as a child to really want to have anything to do with any type of drug, or anyone who does them. There's nothing quite like watching your granny take a handful of muscle relaxers, try to eat something, and nearly choke to death because she can't swallow. Or watching her fall off your front steps and lay sprawled out on your front lawn. Or just generally stagger around and be verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive.

Oh, and then there was the time she drank peroxide in an attempt to get high.
I'm sorry honey. At least it made you see very clearly what drug abuse is all about and kept you away from it.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yah i was all greased up on speed-balls and cough syrup (just to stick to the topic at hand) last night . . . when suddenly . . . .

any thoughts on that harmonica part late in the game? - i'll get a better one down but it is all i had at my disposal last night so i threw it in - and ya know??? - i don't hate it . . .
and how did you strain your voice?

kept trying to pronounce bretonbanquet? or a much better explanation?
i love harmonica, and i think it really fits in the song. i'm thinking about maybe adding some violin/fiddle parts? maybe? i think the voice strain had something to do with my wailing along with jenny lewis last night. it feels a little better now, so i'm sure it'll be fine by tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
"None" listed.

I watched people in my family (My drug dealing Uncle, who's friends with the Allman Bros., Kansas, Joe Walsh, Willie Nelson, etc.) f**k their lives up by drug use, why would I want to follow their lead down that road? When you're in your mid 60's and still a druggie, yer life is over...I mean, how many 'get out of Jail freecards' does one get before officials realize he is a 'lost cause'???
That's sad. And I know people who are in the same boat. What's really heartbreaking is that their families keep hoping and praying that they'll straighten out only to get their hearts broken over and over again.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 01:15 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
hey lady -
U A COP????
I don't care if she is. The statute of limitations is up on all of my cases.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
examples all around huh?
just devastating . ..
my bro is sittin in jail for **** he did while all cracked up -
and i am not saying he doesn't deserve to be there . . .
he is just so AMAZINGLY DIFFERENT when on that crap . . .

not that i am any mr straight lace - just turned my back on the white drugs sooner than he did and never stole anything in my life . . .
It's the white stuff that'll get you every time. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I have some old friends who are in the same position as he. One of them was being scouted to play Major League Baseball. Of course, that'll never happen now.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It's the white stuff that'll get you every time. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I have some old friends who are in the same position as he. One of them was being scouted to play Major League Baseball. Of course, that'll never happen now.
that sounds exactly like my dad. exactly. he just got out of jail recently.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:28 PM
buckymcnix
Old 02-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
that sounds exactly like my dad. exactly. he just got out of jail recently.
How's he doing? It's hard for them when they come out, especially after doing a long stretch. It's like time stopped for them at the time they went in. Someone I know was a heroin addict and got caught up in that three strikes law in California. He has been in so long now that he has never used a computer in his life. He gets newspapers that are three weeks old. I could go on but you get the picture. The adjustment is really hard to make when they come out and that's part of why the rate of recidivism is so high.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
thanks - yah it is so tragic . . .
i'll spare ya the details but he was using his daughter (ten freakin years old) to help knock off target stores . . . (those drugs really cloud the judgement - for godsake knock off saks or someplace nice - )

and he has pissed away the carpentry union and hopes for any good job for years . . . he is in such a huge personal hole . . . it's hard to imagine him having the fortitude to actually crawl out of it . . . but we all hope and pray . . .
Tragic. I hope your neice is doing okay. And don't give up the hope. Don't enable him either though. There really are success stories out there. For some people, the bottom is something most of us cannot even fathom. They can't even fathom it themselves. That's why "The Book" says it's cunning, baffling and powerful.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 02-04-2007 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I believe I've already spoken on this subject.

I don't do anything except alcohol and the occasional ativan these days.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
How's he doing? It's hard for them when they come out, especially after doing a long stretch. It's like time stopped for them at the time they went in. Someone I know was a heroin addict and got caught up in that three strikes law in California. He has been in so long now that he has never used a computer in his life. He gets newspapers that are three weeks old. I could go on but you get the picture. The adjustment is really hard to make when they come out and that's part of why the rate of recidivism is so high.
i don't know how he's doing. i hope he's doing well. i haven't seen him since christmas eve, when i was 14. it's sad because unlike my brother, i can remember how he was before he started drinking & using. but he's a totally different person. he likes to send nasty letters to us now, on occasion. the last correspondence i had with him was a couple christmases ago when he sent me and my brother a picture of him with his new family. good riddance.