The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what drugs have you done?
pot 36 83.72%
coke 17 39.53%
crack 7 16.28%
meth 12 27.91%
adderall/ritalin/etc 5 11.63%
ummmm... other? 24 55.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Don't want to elaborate too much on the drug use because I don't want the youngins to get the idea that it's cool. It's fun and naughty at first and the next thing you know your life has gone to **** and you end up in rehab or worse. It wrecks your immune system too.
You are so right. Most of these drugs are really poison to the body, and the liver suffers, the immune system is weakened, sometimes even if a drug (and I inlcude alcohol here) is not addictive, the hangover isn't worth it.
Quote:
I've been clean from coke, mescaline, acid, shrooms and probably some other things I'm forgetting since 1997 or before for some of the aforementioned substances. I hadn't had a drop of alcohol since 97 either until some things in my life went to ****. I don't know why I even drank, I don't like it at all. I'm doing better now than I have for a long time. Life is good.
Also, I've never smoked a cigarette in my life, not even a drag.
I do have some anxiety issues and have taken rx for valium and xanax in the past.
I am glad you are doing better. Didn't you just mention yoga in another thread? I have had close to the most ecstatic experience after a day in which I took two Ahstanga classes. Thankfully, euphoria is not exclusive to drugs.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Alcohol has always been my drug of choice altho i've dabbled in a few others ..The ritalin I actually had a RX for /

Old 02-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
I have just been incredibly unhappy lately, and the drinking is becoming more and more frequent - I think we may both be in denial
Same here, babe - at least with the unhappiness. Just ask Carrie; lord knows I've been whining to her about it lately! We're a fun little bunch, aren't we?
Old 02-04-2007, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Same here, babe - at least with the unhappiness. Just ask Carrie; lord knows I've been whining to her about it lately! We're a fun little bunch, aren't we?
We are a fun bunch!

I thought I would be happier once i left Uni, but I am even more unhappy now than I was when I was there. Im also starting to become really anti-social - what the hell is going on with me
Old 02-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
I am glad you are doing better. Didn't you just mention yoga in another thread? I have had close to the most ecstatic experience after a day in which I took two Ahstanga classes. Thankfully, euphoria is not exclusive to drugs.
You are absolutely right. There is definitely something about yoga that releases all of my inner psychic crap, gives me a lot of energy and makes me much more creative. It also makes me feel happy and balanced. It's such a sense of accomplishment to be able to do those poses in a 110 degree room for 90 minutes. And I so admire you for doing Ashtanga. That is not an easy practice. The meditation also does incredible things for the mind, body and spirit.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We are a fun bunch!

I thought I would be happier once i left Uni, but I am even more unhappy now than I was when I was there. Im also starting to become really anti-social - what the hell is going on with me
Perhaps you'll be happier in TO? I can relate to the anti social thing... I have social anxiety, but I'm learning to overcome that. Definitely better than I was a couple of months ago. Still, if I'm doing something/going somewhere that I think will be unbearable, I'll grab a drink or two if I can, just so I'm not a total retard about things.

Sorry for the life story.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Perhaps you'll be happier in TO? I can relate to the anti social thing... I have social anxiety, but I'm learning to overcome that. Definitely better than I was a couple of months ago. Still, if I'm doing something/going somewhere that I think will be unbearable, I'll grab a drink or two if I can, just so I'm not a total retard about things.

Sorry for the life story.
No, please, your story is appreciated - taking to someone as ****ed up as I am is nice for a change

I am getting increasingly anxious of social situations, espeically recently, and I isolate myself alot - which is unhealthy. The idea behind moving to TO is that it will force me out of my comfort zone, and make me live a little
Old 02-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, please, your story is appreciated - taking to someone as ****ed up as I am is nice for a change

I am getting increasingly anxious of social situations, espeically recently, and I isolate myself alot - which is unhealthy. The idea behind moving to TO is that it will force me out of my comfort zone, and make me live a little
Bet I'm more ****ed up than you! Now it's a challenge!

I'll PM ya.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are absolutely right. There is definitely something about yoga that releases all of my inner psychic crap, gives me a lot of energy and makes me much more creative. It also makes me feel happy and balanced. It's such a sense of accomplishment to be able to do those poses in a 110 degree room for 90 minutes. And I so admire you for doing Ashtanga. That is not an easy practice. The meditation also does incredible things for the mind, body and spirit.
I have been very curious about the heated room, but extreme heat makes me so grumpy! You may admire me for having done Ashtanga, but unfortunately, I don't have much of a practice right now. There are scheduling issues for me now, and I am no good at keeping up my practice at home.
Yoga sort of wrings you out, muscle by muscle, and there are all sorts of discoveries to be had about yourself in the practice.

I never considered whether or not I did drugs because I was unbalanced. Of course, at the time, I felt like I approached some of those experiences in a very measured manner: I thought I was quite reponsible. In retrospect, I did many thing, unrelated to drugs (though drugs may have been present) in my teens and twenties which seemed to me to be responsible, but which were incredibly dangerous and self-destructive. Sometimes you just think you have it together, and you need an outsider to set you straight.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have smoked cigarettes, pot, snorted coke, taken mushrooms, Extacy (Spelling?) once, speed, and different kinds of pills (valium, xanax, klonopin, etc). I'm 38 now and the only thing I still do is smoke cigarettes. I wouldn't say I'm totally against marijuana, but it's been a couple of years since I've smoked. I have noticed that some Ledgies have described painkillers in their lists and I just want to say, please be careful. Some of you know my husband's history (he's been clean for over 2 years now). His addiction started out with painkillers and eventually led to heroin. Drugs suck.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oy.

I've done pot, I've taken speed... LSD... XTC, mushrooms, snorted coke once or twice, but the latter really wasn't my cup of tea.

I still smoke pot (hash, preferably) and regular cigarettes. The rest, not so much. I sometimes take some speed when I go clubbing, usually when I've had a loooong day and I want to dance until the wee hours of morning. But I don't go clubbing that much anymore, too busy with work and school.

Heroine scares the **** out of me, I always ran like a bat out of hell whenever someone brought it in.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never done any drug, and I barely even drink. Some friends baked weed into some brownies once and tried to get me to try it, but I didn't. It was entertaining watching them get ****ed up on it, though.

I think I saw my grandmother get ****ed up on Soma, Xanax, Vicodin, etc. too many times as a child to really want to have anything to do with any type of drug, or anyone who does them. There's nothing quite like watching your granny take a handful of muscle relaxers, try to eat something, and nearly choke to death because she can't swallow. Or watching her fall off your front steps and lay sprawled out on your front lawn. Or just generally stagger around and be verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive.

Oh, and then there was the time she drank peroxide in an attempt to get high.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was a big pot head in high school. Pot was/is my drug of choice, but I rarely, if ever, use. I've snorted and smoked coke, meth, crack, a lot, used 'shrooms, (loved 'shrooms), acid, and xanax. Never got into the Rx... they scared me too badly. I kinda knew what to expect from everything else, wasn't sure what to expect from Rx. I'm proud to say that since I found myself pregnant with my daughter, I haven't touched anything except alcohol and very rarely pot.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I have smoked cigarettes, pot, snorted coke, taken mushrooms, Extacy (Spelling?) once, speed, and different kinds of pills (valium, xanax, klonopin, etc). I'm 38 now and the only thing I still do is smoke cigarettes. I wouldn't say I'm totally against marijuana, but it's been a couple of years since I've smoked. I have noticed that some Ledgies have described painkillers in their lists and I just want to say, please be careful. Some of you know my husband's history (he's been clean for over 2 years now). His addiction started out with painkillers and eventually led to heroin. Drugs suck.

My Jeffy was a druggy..???
Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I didnt see the option...

"None" listed.

I watched people in my family (My drug dealing Uncle, who's friends with the Allman Bros., Kansas, Joe Walsh, Willie Nelson, etc.) f**k their lives up by drug use, why would I want to follow their lead down that road? When you're in your mid 60's and still a druggie, yer life is over...I mean, how many 'get out of Jail freecards' does one get before officials realize he is a 'lost cause'???

Everybody in my family, excluding me but including my Mother, has tried marajiuana. I dont see pot that bad unless your someone who has done enough to make Cheech & Chong look sober in comparison, and that is a slam towards my oldest brother.

My older brother also did marajiuana, and he will tell you if fubar'd his military career. He started to steal to feed that habit, which must have been one helluva habit, which led to jailtime and finally dismissal from the US Army. He says the dope use was his worst mistake he made, and that NOONE twisted his hands to do it.

The only drugs I have EVER used are ones I am prescribed for medical conditions - and even then I dont take 'em as I was supposed to (ie-painkillers - sorry, I never use the f**king things. Just give me some music & relaxation time and I can make the pain go away without a medicine.)

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-04-2007 at 12:06 PM..