Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2003, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wldhrt315
FM is a band, not one person with support.
Tell that to all the people out there, who think Fleetwood Mac is just Stevie's back-up band!

Johnny Stew
Old 01-09-2003, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
But, what I find interesting is, why is there so much flak about how many GOS tunes will be on the new album with them being for all intents LEGITIMATE Fleetwood Mac songs, and yet there's almost NO flak about "Tusk" or "Tango" having songs that were 100% Lindsey with none of the others participating?
A friend of mine (who's also a Mac fan) was severely disappointed when it became apparent that Lindsey would use his 'Gift Of Screws' tracks on the new Mac album.
He complained that it would be another album, like 'Tusk,' where the band had little to do on LB's songs.
Which is something I just don't get.

Perhaps people have that perception because it was meant to be a solo project.
But I'd think by now, that folks would realize/accept that Mick & John played (from what we're told) extensively on many of the 'GoS' tracks, so they're not as "solo" as Lindsey's previous albums.
So once Stevie then adds her harmony vocals, they become Fleetwood Mac songs, pure and simple.

Maybe the reason there's so much flak in regards to this particular album, is the fact that we've had our hands on the 'GoS' tunes for so long now, and many of us know them backward and foreward... regarding them as Lindsey solo tunes in the process.

Frankly though, that won't diminish my enjoyment of the Mac album one bit.
I guess I always stay mindful that I should never have heard any of these tunes in the first place (same goes for any "archived" song Stevie may use).

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-09-2003 at 07:02 PM..
Old 01-09-2003, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If "Thrown Down" is any clue as to what era demos Stevie gave Lindsey, then I'm surprised that there hasn't been MORE said about the use of Stevie's "TISL" throwaways for the upcoming album.

Likewise with me, I'm looking forward to the new album, even if it IS a combination of GOS & TISL leftovers...at least, the official "seal of approval" will be on it. After all, it IS going to be a Fleetwood Mac album...to my ears, there's never been one that through-and-through has been a stinker...I can count their "stinker" songs on one hand...pretty good percentage of success, I think.

Last edited by chiliD; 01-09-2003 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking The Gift!!!

Didn't Stevie say in an interview that...Lindsey and she had enough songs "left over" from GOS & TISL for a double album???

As I read this thread and the lengthy Thrown Down thread I
kept thinking... Maybe they could do the double cd this way...

... Disc one...Lindsey and Stevie with the Fleetwood Mac Band featuring a guest appearance by...Christine McVie!!!

Next you will play... Disc Two..Stevie and Lindsey with the Fleetwood Mac Band featuring...Stevie's guest...Sheryl Crowe!
Could Happen! Hey, Iam # 8 I hope !!! Bye, Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 01-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Tell that to all the people out there, who think Fleetwood Mac is just Stevie's back-up band!

Johnny Stew
lol! That would be a pretty damn solid back-up band to have!!!

Old 01-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
If "Thrown Down" is any clue as to what era demos Stevie gave Lindsey, then I'm surprised that there hasn't been MORE said about the use of Stevie's "TISL" throwaways for the upcoming album.
True, true... but these tracks really aren't just rejects or cast-offs from 'TISL.'
Granted, they were demo'd within the same time-period, but Stevie has said that she purposely put them aside, with the intention of using them for the next Mac album.

So it seems that they were never in the running for use on 'TISL,' and were always ear-marked as Mac tunes.

I get the feeling that we're gonna have a smattering of music from a few different time-frames on the album.
Some of Lindsey's 'GoS' songs, certainly... and then I bet he's written a couple that will be brand new to us.
Same with Stevie... maybe one or two of those '70s-'80s archived songs... then a couple of the tunes written around the time she was writting for 'TISL'... and then a few more that were written just within the past year, and will be completely new to the fans.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-09-2003 at 11:45 PM..
Old 01-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Junior Ledgie

Question

Does anyone know the level of involvement (if any) Christine will have on this album? I know she's said she won't tour any more but has she written or recorded anything for the new album? I'll sure miss her contributions if she's not part of this one.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John
Does anyone know the level of involvement (if any) Christine will have on this album?
So far, the only thing we've heard officially, is that Christine appears (singing & playing keyboards) on one track that remains from the 'Gift Of Screws' sessions.

And, at the moment, we can only make educated guesses as to which song they're referring to (it's presumed to be "Steal Your Heart Away").

Sorry I don't have more info than that.

Johnny Stew
Old 01-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In addition to what has already been said is this thread I want to add that I would also really like to hear 1 or 2 songs on the album lyrically written by Stevie and Lindsey and recorded as a duet. I read that Stevie was jealous when Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning because throughout their career Lindsey hadn't written WITH her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Skylark
Peacemaker or whatever its called is not on GOS is it? Later!Sky
Do you mean Peacekeeper?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wldhrt315
I would also really like to hear 1 or 2 songs on the album lyrically written by Stevie and Lindsey and recorded as a duet.
It should be very interesting indeed...they have such different methods of writing and (evidently) thought processes, it will be like "the mystery cocktail you get served at a bar"...it could taste like sewage, or it could be the nicest drink you've ever had.