Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Yes I was agreeing with you - sorry if I didn't give that impression

Gail
oh poo on me. sorry.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yes, I'm aware of that. Could be that she was uncomfortable doing it without any rehearsal. Altough I'm sure they could have squeezed some time in for that.
I think she was just uncomfortable performing live, full stop.

I think she'd decided that area of her life was over and just wanted to enjoy the show like the rest of us.

she could however have helped things along considerably and it would have taken her five minutes. she could have taught Stevie the words to Don't Stop!

Gail
Old 06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post
my feeling is that if they couldn't convince chris to do the rumours 30th anniversary thing (and you just KNOW the accountants were pushing for that), i think it's clearly a lost cause. chris strikes me as being true to her word and to herself. we know that our beloved stevie is as flaky as they come - vowing never to tour again, is as good as a sure bet. ditto with lindsey and the rest of 'em. but chris? i think she's really done with it all.
Yes Stevie does sometimes say things and not really mean them. she once vowed never to appear on the same stage as Mick Fleetwood and that happened. Now she's saying she wont make another FM album "in this lifetime" without Chris. So it looks like the next album is going to be made in the afterlife.

Christine wont tour again. She's said as much and John confirmed it in his Q&A

Gail
Old 06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes Stevie does sometimes say things and not really mean them. she once vowed never to appear on the same stage as Mick Fleetwood and that happened. Now she's saying she wont make another FM album "in this lifetime" without Chris. So it looks like the next album is going to be made in the afterlife.
I agree with you, but just want to add that I don't think Stevie says things and doesn't mean them. she's a Gemini after all. she plays it the way she feels it at the time. at the time she said she wouldn't be on the same stage as Mick I'm sure she meant it. but things change. feelings change.

I'm not saying, however, that Stevie doens't tend to ramble and say things that we all know are puffs of smoke.

ok, that's all I wanted to say.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I agree with you, but just want to add that I don't think Stevie says things and doesn't mean them. she's a Gemini after all. she plays it the way she feels it at the time. at the time she said she wouldn't be on the same stage as Mick I'm sure she meant it. but things change. feelings change.

I'm not saying, however, that Stevie doens't tend to ramble and say things that we all know are puffs of smoke.

ok, that's all I wanted to say.

She leaves herself wide open by saying dramatic things like that. People will soon think "oh well that's just Stevie mouthing off, no need to take any notice"

Gail
Old 06-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She leaves herself wide open by saying dramatic things like that. People will soon think "oh well that's just Stevie mouthing off, no need to take any notice"

Gail
true. sad to say.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dance was a reunion. Any new tour could clearly be billed as a farewell tour - a last dance if you will. So there wouldn't be the pressure to do another one after it.

Personally I'd love to see the band reform. But I'm not sure why they would other than for money.

The Dance worked because i think there was a genuine desire to see whether they still had the magic after all the addictions and problems. They clearly did and so the Dance was a huge success.

A major part of that success was LB and SN who I think also had a genuine need to see whether BuckinghamNicks still worked. They clearly did too, both musically and emotionally.
However rote the performances became, I believe the emotions they reignited were genuine and audiences picked up on that, hence the success of the event not to mention the creation of many new fans who liked the back story.

But what is there now?
Christine bowed out at the top - would she want to risk another tour which may not have that same magic and end up going out with a whimper this time?

With the best will in the world would Stevie want to be confronted with Mrs B and the kids for months on end.
Would Lindsey want the spectre of Stevie to arise again?

But who knows. Never say never with this band!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
But what is there now?
Christine bowed out at the top - would she want to risk another tour which may not have that same magic and end up going out with a whimper this time?

With the best will in the world would Stevie want to be confronted with Mrs B and the kids for months on end.
Would Lindsey want the spectre of Stevie to arise again?

But who knows. Never say never with this band!
Very good points. I personally do not believe Christine will tour with FM "in this lifetime" to coin a phrase. Recording could be a possibility if they all have the collective will to do it. I doubt that.

Gail
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i hope that happens but i won't believe it til i see it.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i never heard of wikpedia but i will check it out.