Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post
how could they stage another "reunion" 10/11 years later without being the subject of ridicule and cynicism?
That's a fair comment.
If they did do anything new with Chris (which I doubt they will) they could never _call_ it a reunion. Another album with her would be lovely but it's not going to happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
That's a fair comment.
If they did do anything new with Chris (which I doubt they will) they could never _call_ it a reunion. Another album with her would be lovely but it's not going to happen.
In the parallel universe where they make another album and then tour (both with Christine) then it could be a reunion of the Rumours lineup.

I cannot for one moment see Christine touring again.

But why can't they record just a few songs and not commit to a whole album? They could be released on iTunes. Then they could tour and have a few new songs to play but not really needing Christine to tour.

I think 5 would be a good number (2 each from Lindsey and Stevie and 1 from Christine) In that way Christine wouldn't have to commit to a year in the studio and the songs could be recorded in L.A. and London.

I don't actually know why I'm saying all this because it is so NOT going to happen.

Gail
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
joe

As much as it would be cool to have them reunite once more with Christine, I am pretty much accepting of the probability that it will not happen and I am fine with that. I never in a million years thought the Dance would happen so that was a real blessing as I never got the chance to see the 5 of them before. I started going to concerts in the mid 80's and at the time of Tango, thought I was about to finally see them until Lindsey pulled out.

Anyway, I would actually almost rather them not reunite. I have fond memories of the 1997 shows and the people I went with. I wouldn't have that now.

Even if they did reunite next year people will want them to reunite beyond that. It's neverending. It's got to end at some point - and not just when one of them dies or becomes physically ill.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
Anyway, I would actually almost rather them not reunite. I have fond memories of the 1997 shows and the people I went with. I wouldn't have that now.

Even if they did reunite next year people will want them to reunite beyond that. It's neverending. It's got to end at some point - and not just when one of them dies or becomes physically ill.
I know what you mean - in some ways it would probably be good for them to put it to bed once and for all.

I'm only sorry that we didn't get a Dance tour in Europe but that's life.

As you say there would be pressure to keep doing it "one more time"

Gail
Old 06-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

none of them really need money. if any do, it's John and Mick first.

as for Christine touring with FMac...I'm not heavy in the Christine world, but I really don't see it happening. Christine seems like a true street angel.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
none of them really need money. if any do, it's John and Mick first.

as for Christine touring with FMac...I'm not heavy in the Christine world, but I really don't see it happening. Christine seems like a true street angel.
There is no compelling reason for Christine to work with FM. She doesn't need the money or the hassle. She's got a beautiful house in Kent and a lovely flat in London. Royalty cheques plopping onto the mat regularly and she strikes me as someone who would be careful with her investments.

she doesn't like flying or being away from home so travelling to L.A. to make an album is probably out of the question. Touring would be a complete no-no.

Gail
Old 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I know what you mean - in some ways it would probably be good for them to put it to bed once and for all.

I'm only sorry that we didn't get a Dance tour in Europe but that's life.

As you say there would be pressure to keep doing it "one more time"

Gail
agree 100%
Old 06-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
There is no compelling reason for Christine to work with FM. She doesn't need the money or the hassle. She's got a beautiful house in Kent and a lovely flat in London. Royalty cheques plopping onto the mat regularly and she strikes me as someone who would be careful with her investments.

she doesn't like flying or being away from home so travelling to L.A. to make an album is probably out of the question. Touring would be a complete no-no.

Gail
yes dear. that's basically what I was saying too...I was agreeing with you.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm curious to know if Chris would agree to a very short, limited engagement tour. Of course, they've missed the 2007 40/30 anniversary opportunity, which sucks. But I wonder if she'd do, say, 10 shows: London, NYC, LA, Toronto (I'll throw you Canucks a bone ) perhaps Chicago, maybe 1 or 2 other European cities. Just a thought. And a dream...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm curious to know if Chris would agree to a very short, limited engagement tour. Of course, they've missed the 2007 40/30 anniversary opportunity, which sucks. But I wonder if she'd do, say, 10 shows: London, NYC, LA, Toronto (I'll throw you Canucks a bone ) perhaps Chicago, maybe 1 or 2 other European cities. Just a thought. And a dream...
I can't see that happening. When they were in London a few years ago, Chris didn't even want to play on 1 song("Don't Stop"), let alone 10 shows.

I think Gail's idea about the Rumours line-up recording just a few songs, then releasing them on iTunes or as part of some sort of compilation is the most realistic thing that could happen. I could easily see Chris agreeing to something like that.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

thanks for the bone. sadly, i can't bite.

my feeling is that if they couldn't convince chris to do the rumours 30th anniversary thing (and you just KNOW the accountants were pushing for that), i think it's clearly a lost cause. chris strikes me as being true to her word and to herself. we know that our beloved stevie is as flaky as they come - vowing never to tour again, is as good as a sure bet. ditto with lindsey and the rest of 'em. but chris? i think she's really done with it all.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll tell you what I think would be really good.

Every five years, Mick and John should hold Macstock (or Woodmac?), a festival where ex-members could all play a set each and then Fleetwood Mac (Rumours-style) could do a headline set. Given availability and standing with the Mac, it could go something like this.

12.00 Bekka Bramlett (joined by Billy for Dreamin' The Dream)
13.00 Dave Mason
14.00 Rick Vito (joined by Stevie for Desiree and Love Is Dangerous)
15.00 Billy Burnette (joined by various BTM members for Sun Goes Down, Back Of My Mind and Hard Feelings).
16.00 Bob Welch (who has fewer hard feelings towards Mick now and attended a SYW show).
17.00 Jeremy Spencer
18.00 Peter Green (assuming he can get the right band together).
19.00 Fleetwood Mac

Now that would be quite something!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
yes dear. that's basically what I was saying too...I was agreeing with you.
Yes I was agreeing with you - sorry if I didn't give that impression

Gail
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I can't see that happening. When they were in London a few years ago, Chris didn't even want to play on 1 song("Don't Stop"), let alone 10 shows.

I think Gail's idea about the Rumours line-up recording just a few songs, then releasing them on iTunes or as part of some sort of compilation is the most realistic thing that could happen. I could easily see Chris agreeing to something like that.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Could be that she was uncomfortable doing it without any rehearsal. Altough I'm sure they could have squeezed some time in for that.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Ledgie

I did find a radio station interview from ITM where she said that she did attend a show (which I'm sure you all know) and the interviewer asked her if she would have liked to be up there with them and she said "No, it reaffirmed my decision and I could not see myself up there again." Something similar to that I don't remember the exact quote.