Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Sure it would.

Dump "Oh Diane" and put on "Goodbye Angel".

Doesn't matter WHAT song replaced "Oh Diane", as long as it got replaced!
In total agreement!!!!
Ted Knight singing lounge would be better than "Oh Diane".
Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take off CGB and put on Goodbye Angel.
I've essencially dumped half the album itself for demos, and alt versions.
Like, EOTW, good on album, but the live Mirage Concert version? AMAZING
so it got replaced.

Empire State is my jam :P
I actually like all of Lindseys Mirage songs, yeah even CGB, even though it is my least fave of them all.

Teen Beat needs lyrics. Its a good melody, and it would be improved with lyrics I think.

Goodbye Angel is a beautiful song, and the opening 'goodbye angel, im giving up but im not going round the bend...[etc]' is my favourite part of the song. his opening vocal is so strong.

Oh Diane IMO is the best vocal LB has ever done.

Mirage is amazing. I think its FMs most underrated album. TruthBeTold.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree wholeheartedly, Chris....I love Mirage! And although I was hesitant to state in light of all the Diane Bashing...Oh Diane is one of my favorite Lindsey songs...

I wish they would continue the reissue campaign and get to Mirage! I like Goodbye Angel, Teen Beat I'm not so crazy about, but it's ok ... the album is short enough, that one could add them without taking any other songs off, btw...(I did...plus a few other demos and stuff...)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildheart048 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, Chris....I love Mirage! And although I was hesitant to state in light of all the Diane Bashing...Oh Diane is one of my favorite Lindsey songs...

I wish they would continue the reissue campaign and get to Mirage! I like Goodbye Angel, Teen Beat I'm not so crazy about, but it's ok ... the album is short enough, that one could add them without taking any other songs off, btw...(I did...plus a few other demos and stuff...)
not to mention Tango.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
not to mention Tango.

Yes, that would be cool, too, of course (Hell, I'd even be happy if they re-did the "Live '80" cd) but Mirage's quality is so dang low, you can't even put it in the cd changer on random with the other discs...I never understood why that is so...at least Tango is a decent sound quality....although more is always better!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious knid View Post
These two songs are great. If I am not mistaken, they were both made for but not used on Mirage. This is a huge blunder. Teen Beat is my favorite of the two. It's good old maniacal Lindsey set to a tumultuous beat, and it fits along with the 1950's theme he likes to recall. You could choose to replace any two random Mirage songs with these two, and most likely the album would be better.
I've shared these sentiments for years and years. It makes no sense why either was dropped.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have replaced "Empire State" with "Goodbye Angel" at the minimum. I don't have a problem with "Oh Diane." It would have been perfect on the "Kiln House" album. I think there were a lot of mediocre songs on "Mirage" and have come up with my own, alt version:

Cool Water
Love In Store
That's Alright
Book Of Love
Gypsy
Teen Beat
Goodbye Angel
Straight Back
Hold Me
Eyes Of The World
Wish You Were Here

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that these are both great tracks. In fact, Goodbye Angel is one of my favorite Lindsey songs. I agree that this song should have replaced a song on Mirage, but I say Empire State. I used to hate this song, and even though it's grown on me over the years, I still don't think it's a very good song. I love Oh Diane!
Old 02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm the opposite. I liked Empire State from the start, and it took forever for Oh Diane to grow on me. I do like Goodbye Angel and Teen Beat, but I wouldn't omit either OD or ES for their sake. Since Mirage is shorter than the max time a CD will hold, I say just add 'em on without dropping anything.. except maybe Stevie's songs (Gypsy excluded).
Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Empire State more than Oh Diane too. I won't lie, I've capped off many a stressful day at work by walking through Times Square with ES blaring, pretending I'm in some cheesy 80's music video and it's VERY relaxing!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I'm the opposite. I liked Empire State from the start, and it took forever for Oh Diane to grow on me. I do like Goodbye Angel and Teen Beat, but I wouldn't omit either OD or ES for their sake. Since Mirage is shorter than the max time a CD will hold, I say just add 'em on without dropping anything.. except maybe Stevie's songs (Gypsy excluded).
Yeah, I really like Stevies mirage songs. it took a while to love Straight Back...but I do now.

The thing is, Gypsy should be the extended version. not the 4 minute crap they put on :P

I always liked Oh Diane and ES from the start. I just think that because theyre not LB masterpieces [ok, lets blame Richard Dashut...] everybody bashes them....Thats JMO though.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I like Empire State more than Oh Diane too. I won't lie, I've capped off many a stressful day at work by walking through Times Square with ES blaring, pretending I'm in some cheesy 80's music video and it's VERY relaxing!
I'm gonna try that technique...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
Yeah, I really like Stevies mirage songs. it took a while to love Straight Back...but I do now.

The thing is, Gypsy should be the extended version. not the 4 minute crap they put on :P

I always liked Oh Diane and ES from the start. I just think that because theyre not LB masterpieces [ok, lets blame Richard Dashut...] everybody bashes them....Thats JMO though.
Wow! Straight Back is my favorite song on the album! Well, maybe second to Gypsy...but I absolutely love SB...it's one of my very favorite FM songs, actually...