User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That's where we disagree. I think that she never should have done that. Lindsey probably reached his own personal breaking point with Stevie when she refused to record with her band, but he (nor any remotely level-headed person) never tried to do probably the ugliest thing you could to do someone in that position and have her forced out from her band of 40 years simply because she was just annoying him so much. Even if you LOATHE that person, think about their family who let you into their home, kids who called you 'aunt' and 'queen'; or their legacy which involved a lot of your own beautiful music in that 40 years of work, or simply their humanity-- does this person really deserve THAT? To be able to still do that is a level of low I never thought ANYONE in this group could reach. Whether she was mad about his smirk or his rant about Rhiannon playing or whatever else, theres just something uniquely awful about doing that to a person. I honestly can't think of a worse thing to have done to him aside from separating him from his children. It's an awful, ugly thing to do.
Exactly...I dont see even if you are a hard core SN fan ...that so many people writing here were ....you can then justify her behavior...it was simply an unjustified, awful thing for her to do to him...
Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I completely agree with you--I've watched and rematched DR multiple times, unless the "bad stuff" hit the cutting room floor, nothing in that looked remotely hostile.
I do think there was some nastiness that went on AFTER the recording was done and that he did one of his rants saying bitchy things to her (her lyrics to You May Be The One -- "I hear the islands calling, I hear angry words, flying across the ocean, like some seabirds, never stopping. I feel my blood racing, can't believe what you are saying, I used to love you so much"), and there again she played her "I'll leave" card..... if they did the double album, which he wanted, she would not agree to any additional live shows that they were working to book. They had committed to 40 at that point and she said she'd honor those contracts, but then she would pull the plug and not do any more touring, because she knew he needed to make up the money lost on album royalties from the tour income. She won. They didn't do the double album and she agreed to do more shows.

She is not above this kind of thing. She would threaten to badmouth them to the media as far back as the 1980s if they didn't give her what she wanted on an album (e.g. her vocals more prominent on Tango stuff-- even tho the reason she wasn't on it was her drug problem)

Even if she didn't think up this stuff on her own, she's made it a point to hire pitbulls to work for her -- Howard Kaufman, Azoff, Karen, etc etc.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-10-2018 at 04:40 PM..
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We did. First, it was about the tour. Then, it was about wanting to be happy. All PR to $ell tickets. We heard her lie on national TV.
The fact that she randomly said "I'm not the boss" "I want to be super happy" on that CBS interview was so telling. It was so awkward and wasn't remotely related to what they were supposed to be talking about.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I do think there was some nastiness that went on AFTER the recording was done and that he did one of his rants saying bitchy things to her (her lyrics to You May Be The One -- "I hear the islands calling, I hear angry words, flying across the ocean, like some seabirds, never stopping. I feel my blood racing, can't believe what you are saying, I used to love you so much"), and there again she played her "I'll leave" card..... if they did the double album, which he wanted, she would not agree to any additional live shows that they were working to book. They had committed to 40 at that point and she said she'd honor those contracts, but then she would pull the plug and not do any more touring, because she knew he needed to make up the money lost on album royalties from the tour income. She won. They didn't do the double album and she agreed to do more shows.

She is not above this kind of thing. She would threaten to badmouth them to the media as far back as the 1980s if they didn't give her what she wanted on an album (e.g. her vocals more prominent on Tango stuff-- even tho the reason she wasn't on it was her drug problem)

Even if she didn't think up this stuff on her own, she's made it a point to hire pitbulls to work for her -- Howard Kaufman, Azoff, Karen, etc etc.
The YMBTO thing happened later on. They'd finished the recording and she was on vacation or something and they argued over the phone about the sequencing I believe it was.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The YMBTO thing happened later on. They'd finished the recording and she was on vacation or something and they argued over the phone about the sequencing I believe it was.
You may be right. I thought it was about the length of the album.
I'm too busy to go watch DR again. Maybe some day.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You may be right. I thought it was about the length of the album.
I'm too busy to go watch DR again. Maybe some day.
There was conflict over it being a double album but we saw that in the documentary and he eventually gave up on it. What she talks about in the song we didn't see in the film because it happened afterwards. "Angry words fly across the ocean" is quite literal lol as he was on a different continent when they were arguing about it.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't even believe the woman that I thought so highly of is a total POS. And she is just that.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that she randomly said "I'm not the boss" "I want to be super happy" on that CBS interview was so telling. It was so awkward and wasn't remotely related to what they were supposed to be talking about.
And the twirling. Don’t forget the twirling around the living room.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Exactly...I dont see even if you are a hard core SN fan ...that so many people writing here were ....you can then justify her behavior...it was simply an unjustified, awful thing for her to do to him...
We’ll agree to disagree that it wasn’t justified. The only people who can decide that are in the band. And they made their decision.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SO TELLING. She really meant "I AM the boss now". What an absolute POS.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's where we disagree. I think that she never should have done that. Lindsey probably reached his own personal breaking point with Stevie when she refused to record with her band, but he (nor any remotely level-headed person) never tried to do probably the ugliest thing you could to do someone in that position and have her forced out from her band of 40 years simply because she was just annoying him so much. Even if you LOATHE that person, think about their family who let you into their home, kids who called you 'aunt' and 'queen'; or their legacy which involved a lot of your own beautiful music in that 40 years of work, or simply their humanity-- does this person really deserve THAT? To be able to still do that is a level of low I never thought ANYONE in this group could reach. Whether she was mad about his smirk or his rant about Rhiannon playing or whatever else, theres just something uniquely awful about doing that to a person. I honestly can't think of a worse thing to have done to him aside from separating him from his children. It's an awful, ugly thing to do.
We’ll definitely agree to disagree. He chose his actions too.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its so ridiculous, its laughable isnt it?
I wonder how much she is enjoying that dancing nowdays
Old 10-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Its so ridiculous, its laughable isnt it?
I wonder how much she is enjoying that dancing nowdays
I hope she regrets her childish actions for the rest of her bitter little life.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm most disappointed with Christine. I'd have though she'd have at least had some contact with him. Doesn't sound like it.
What a complete load sh!t
You've got to feel for her a bit. Can you imagine how torn she must have felt?
Old 10-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
We’ll agree to disagree that it wasn’t justified. The only people who can decide that are in the band. And they made their decision.
Just so I am clear, you hand on your heart think what he did at Musicares meant he should be fired from the band?
Not talking about anything from previous years, you genuinely think it was reasonable?