User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to. Was Lindsey considered the "b*itch" when he suddenly quit spitefully (some would consider his exit "burning bridges") only to come back to the band 9 years later. Was Christine considered the "B" when she unexpectedly quit in 1998, and unexpectedly came back 16 years later?!?

Things have changed. Bottom line is they're much older now and Stevie apparently does not want to spend her final golden years chained to Fleetwood Mac .

And Mick & Lindsey should blame themselves. They ALL put touring as a priority over a new record by continuing this never ending "On With The Show" tour into 2015. They could have stopped at the end of this year.

And Stevie won't be crucified. Only by a petty few on this fan board! Not only is Stevie beloved by millions, but also I believe, by and large, the general public & music buying demographic is not really going to care that much about a new FM record in 2016 or 2017 (with or without Stevie) they just want the hits, FM's glory days.
After 2015, they will have been coasting on "greatest hits" concerts for three straight years; 2013, 2014, and soon most of 2015. So what's the plan exactly? Do they expect to go in the studio in 2016 and then start up another tour afterwards, after they have saturated the market. I don't see it. Honestly, I can't say I blame Stevie for not knowing whether she will want to continue another 1-2 years with FM after 2015.

I have to say, my interest in a new FM record has considerably waned, and I never thought I'd say that out loud! It speaks volumes that Stevie didn't give Lindsey & the band some of her demos to work on last spring, while she was recording in Nashville. But I'm soooo thankful Stevie released the fab 24KG!!!!!

Last edited by Christopher; 11-13-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Ok, Liz Rosenberg.
what's her publicist have to do with anything ?
Old 11-13-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Funny thing: I've mentioned before that I wish they could work out a deal where Mac helps Nicks promote 24KG by doing "Lady" in concert, her and McVie, and selling 24KG along with the t-shirts, in exchange for Nicks committing to do an album with Mac.

And in this interview she mentions playing "Lady" with McVie. She says it's "not probable" but she mentions it.

It'd be great if they got creative with negotiating and worked something out.
I have to agree with Stevie on this. Why not put one of the new songs in. Have just her and McVie perform just like they did, "Has Anyone Ever Written..." It would be beautiful.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I don't know, because nothing can be done on that until we're done, and we have another seventy shows until this American tour is done, then we have Australia, then we have Europe. This isn't gonna be done until this time next year," Stevie tells ABC News Radio about the prospect of a new Mac album. "So, I don't know how I'm gonna feel in a year."

"I don't know whether I'm gonna wanna go back to my own thing or whether I'm gonna wanna sign up for another year of making a record," she adds. "I don't really know what I'm gonna wanna do then."

Fleetwood Mac is currently on tour in Canada. They'll return to the U.S. next week but have dates scheduled in North America through March.
I'm glad she said something! I would love for her to do a last album with the band. I'm not going to stop buying her music if she decides not to.
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 11-13-2014 at 12:46 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That's my take on it: Stevie's in "wait & see" mode. Which is wise. Who knows what inter-band relations will be like after three solid years on the road together? And it's not like she has to make up her mind tomorrow anyway.

In my heart of hearts, I truly believe she will ultimately agree to record with the band. Even if she doesn't, it's unfair to paint her as the "bad guy."
But they probably would paint her as such.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That's my take on it: Stevie's in "wait & see" mode. Which is wise. Who knows what inter-band relations will be like after three solid years on the road together? And it's not like she has to make up her mind tomorrow anyway.
Exactly. All the hand-wringing and stress over this is pointless at this stage - the band clearly has chosen to do a World Tour now instead of finishing up the album. For me, I can't worry about something that has yet to happen (or not). And in any event, so long as Stevie records again soon (whether solo or with FM), I'll be happy.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to. Was Lindsey considered the "b*itch" when he suddenly quit spitefully (some would consider his exit "burning bridges") only to come back to the band 9 years later. Was Christine considered the "B" when she unexpectedly quit in 1998, and unexpectedly came back 16 years later?!?
I agree with Christopher on this. It doesn't seem fair to pile on Nicks when Buckingham and McVie both walked away for years on end. And Nicks hasn't even fully walked away...she's touring with them, she's just not sure she wants to commit to an album.

Legacy wise I think she really should. Do a double album like the Eagles did. But, its her call.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

in retrospect it would have been better to not have booked this tour right away… Chris, Linds and the rest keep at it in the studio, Stevie might pop in and out as she preps for some kind of solo tour, let her do her solo shows even for just a couple of months (her solo tours are not gargantuan any more) while they keep working on the album and then put a new album out and THEN tour all you want and be done. You've closed out FM on both fronts by then-- album and tour-- and if no one wants to give it another go then no loose threads are still hanging out.

Though I disagree with Stevie's choices to date for my own selfish reasons, you gotta figure she's looking at how to close out both Mac and her solo career on high notes. Mac-wise, ok, they've opted for the big, high-profile tour-- who sells out arenas at 60 and 70-something (as she said in the article with Haim)? Very few acts. Go out with a bang. Her solo career? Does she want that to end with an album that, however good, has really been mostly ripple in the public consciousness? (I know that comment will blow some Ledgies' heads off, but in the real world that album has not been huge, it's been respectable, but that's it). I think she feels like she can let FM go if need be and know it ended well, they came full circle with Chris, etc.

The solo stuff she still seems looking for a big ending. She's 66. She'll be 67/68 before getting her next chance for solo stuff (24k tour doesn't count as new material). Time is short. Again, I disagree with how they've mapped this whole thing out, but there we are.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Quote:
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to.
I think that was sarcasm of jkmaletic part. I think...
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 11-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

two words for her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bye.jpg (7.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

for me, her answer on this (finally) is pretty much what I suspected all along. I would have thought that she may be just a touch less disinterested in recording with The Mac since Christine is back but apparently I was wrong. We shall see.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 11-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

Things have changed. Bottom line is they're much older now and Stevie apparently does not want to spend her final golden years chained to Fleetwood Mac .

And Mick & Lindsey should blame themselves. They ALL put touring as a priority over a new record by continuing this never ending "On With The Show" tour into 2015. They could have stopped at the end of this year.

And Stevie won't be crucified. Only by a petty few on this fan board! Not only is Stevie beloved by millions, but also I believe, by and large, the general public & music buying demographic is not really going to care that much about a new FM record in 2016 or 2017 (with or without Stevie) they just want the hits, FM's glory days.
After 2015, they will have been coasting on "greatest hits" concerts for three straight years; 2013, 2014, and soon most of 2015. So what's the plan exactly? Do they expect to go in the studio in 2016 and then start up another tour afterwards, after they have saturated the market. I don't see it. Honestly, I can't say I blame Stevie for not knowing whether she will want to continue another 1-2 years with FM after 2015.

I have to say, my interest in a new FM record has considerably waned, and I never thought I'd say that out loud! It speaks volumes that Stevie didn't give Lindsey & the band some of her demos to work on last spring, while she was recording in Nashville. But I'm soooo thankful Stevie released the fab 24KG!!!!!
Just so you know, we are on the same page. I also agree with you that definitely would be a double standard if Stevie left the band. She would probably get a lot more backlash. In fact, I just asked a coworker here who's a fan of Fleetwood Mac how he would feel about that, and he said, incredilously, why would she ever do that?? Then I told him, do you remember when Lindsay left? He said, no - did that happen? Grant you, this is a guy that remembers everything about sport and music and he didn't remember Lindsay ever leaving the band. That says a lot.
I don't believe Stevie should be crucified at all, but unfortunately she probably would be.

Last edited by jkmaletic; 11-13-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has often made comments about 'sticking with the band','when you're in a band you cant let it down' etc. However, I think there is a chance she might just formally announce her departure from the band towards the end of this tour. It seems she just really wants to do her own thing. I actually feel sorry for her; she wanted to do solo stuff before Christine came along which obviously threw a spanner in the works.

If she does leave then good luck to her- it would be totally unfair (and ridiculous) if she faced any backlash.

I'd like to see the remaining four go alone. In fact, make it more interesting;
Mick, John, Lindsey, Chris, Rick, Billy (oh yehhh)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
what's her publicist have to do with anything ?
It was sarcasm.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

"I don't know whether I'm gonna wanna go back to my own thing or whether I'm gonna wanna sign up for another year of making a record," she adds. "I don't really know what I'm gonna wanna do then."

Nice of her to finally bother to say so, ending her months of silence on the subject. Silence which was uncharacteristic and quite telling and informative in and of itself.

It's been clear that she hasn't committed to doing an album all of this year.

Michele