Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick Restaurant Article

Not sure if this was posted or not.

http://news.yahoo.com/fleetwood-cele...113929051.html
Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no Mick, not more investments!

Fleetwood celebrates musical legacy, new eateryBy SANDY COHEN, September 28, 2011 -

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Long before the success of Fleetwood Mac, when band founder Mick Fleetwood was a kid in the U.K. learning how to play the drums, he dreamed of having his own restaurant. His parents entrusted the then 9-year-old with the stable of the old farmhouse they lived in, and young Fleetwood turned it into something of a children's speakeasy that he called Club Keller. Instead of booze, he poured Coca-Cola.

"I used to serve up Smith's crisps and fish and chips and stuff for other children to come round," the bearded rocker recalled during a recent interview, his eyes twinkling at the memory. "I had my radiogram and my drums in there and it was my world."

Now, five and a half decades later, Fleetwood is creating a new world for himself and his music: He's opening a restaurant in his adopted hometown of Lahaina on the Hawaiian island of Maui.

Fleetwood's on Front St. is set to open early next year, and its namesake sees it as the next professional chapter in his life: A place where he can indulge his taste for fine food and drink (including his own Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar wines), perform with his friends and run the whole show. He plans to showcase local musicians and artists and invite the occasional famous rock star. The new establishment is essentially a large-scale, souped-up version of his old Club Keller.

"I've always wanted to do this," Fleetwood said on a visit to his manager's office in Beverly Hills. "I'm like one of those weird Chinese creatures where you see something 30 years ahead. It's petrifying and exciting and fulfilling, because... if you keep focused, and it's a corny thing, but if you visualize and visualize and visualize, a lot of stuff really does come to you."

Club Keller itself may actually be resurrected, said Fleetwood's business partner, Jonathan Todd. "We have an option on a smaller place downstairs and, if we get it, I swear we're going to call it Club Keller," Todd sai

Developing the restaurant is dominating Fleetwood's time. He helped choose the site (a historic building dating back to 1916 — the year his mother was born), select the décor and create the menu, but he insists "it's not a shrine to Mick Fleetwood."

"You'll know that it's my place but it will be very tastefully done," the 64-year-old said. "It's not a museum for Mick Fleetwood. This is a real working restaurant."

He says he'll draw on the "heritage of Fleetwood Mac" to inform its atmosphere.

"All of this is a responsibility to do it properly, and selfishly a responsibility to something that's very precious to me, which is everything I've done with Fleetwood Mac and my partners and the music," he said.

The restaurant has taken him away from music a bit, and he expects that to continue, but that's fine with him: "Now I will have a place to play when I want to or need to."

Besides Fleetwood Mac, the musician has two other bands, the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and Mick Fleetwood's Island Rumours Band. With or without his bandmates, Fleetwood plans to play at the restaurant often — and there's at least one more Fleetwood Mac tour planned.

"We're going out next year," he said. "We're all creatures of habit and we love what we do.... Whatever has happened, we are together.

"The whole thing is powerful, and all of that is somehow resonating into what I'm doing with the restaurant, Fleetwood's," he continued. "It can't help but have that filtering through it. It's my place."

But as his beloved band slows down ("Within the next five to seven years, I sort of doubt that Fleetwood Mac is going to be horribly active"), Fleetwood said he's excited to devote himself to his new endeavor.

"It's a sense of plugging who I am and what I am into something," he said, "and for me it's the perfect vehicle."

___
Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an excerpt from an article about a hands-free purse

DNA Info, Manhattan
http://www.dnainfo.com/20110928/murr...paragon-sports

Mick Fleetwood, the drummer from Fleetwood Mac, purchased one in Aspen, Colorado. Fleetwood’s business manager told Bellinson that the musician “doesn’t live without this,” she recalled.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20110928/murr...#ixzz1ZGPaHdKB
Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is an excerpt from an article about a hands-free purse

DNA Info, Manhattan
http://www.dnainfo.com/20110928/murr...paragon-sports

Mick Fleetwood, the drummer from Fleetwood Mac, purchased one in Aspen, Colorado. Fleetwood’s business manager told Bellinson that the musician “doesn’t live without this,” she recalled.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20110928/murr...#ixzz1ZGPaHdKB
Hmm, looks like the modern day fanny pack.

I wonder how long until Mick runs his new restaurant into the ground with his famous money mismanagement?

And I hate to see yet again that Fleetwood Mac is touring next year. I really have my heart set on an album from them...
Old 09-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood Plans to Open New Restaurant
September 28, 2011 03:10 PM EDT
http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474980419376

Mick Fleetwood, founding father of the iconic band of the same name, originally from the United Kingdom, plans to open a restaurant in Lahaina, Maui, a Huffington Post report shared earlier today.

As a child, his dream was to have his own restaurant, and now that dream is coming true. With plans to open sometime early next year, Fleetwood's on Front St. has become his passion.

The Huffington Post article comments that as a child, Mick turned his old parents' farmhouse into a neighborhood hangout called Club Keller, so using that as a backdrop, he gained inspiration for his Maui establishment.

Mick has had a hand in all developments so far, including where Fleetwood's would be, creation of the menu, and the decor. "You'll know that it's my place but it will be very tastefully done," he is quoted as saying in the article. "It's not a museum for Mick Fleetwood. This is a real working restaurant."

Fleetwood Mac fans are sure to flock to the Hawaiian island for fun, sun, surf, and food. While the task at hand of preparing for the opening of the restaurant has taken Mick from the music scene momentarily, the Huffington Post article hinted that he is not out of the music business just yet.

Be on the lookout for another Fleetwood Mac tour in the next year, as well as Mick himself performing at his restaurant. He is also in two other bands, the Mick Fleetwood Blues Band and Mick Fleetwood's Island Rumors Band. It's unknown if either will play with him when his restaurant opens.

Regardless, the article ends, Mick seems very happy with this new venture in his life. It just goes to show that childhood dreams can come true.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick should grab a microphone and speak-sing to the patrons while they are dining. I'm sure most won't know what his role is in Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Hmm, looks like the modern day fanny pack.
Yeah it does.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Renovations Begin for Fleetwood’s on Front Street
Daniel Weiss
February 23, 2012
The Maui Weekly

Fleetwood Mac founder Mick Fleetwood's newest masterpiece is a venture into the restaurateur world. Fleetwood's on Front Street and Fleetwood's Wine Cellar is set to open in Lahaina in early summer.

The restaurant will employ 100-plus people, and will embrace the Hawaiian culture and feature storytelling. Fleetwood himself will perform on a semi-regular basis along with surprise and esteemed musical guests performers.

Fleetwood's business partner, Jonathan Todd, said, "The restaurant space will look like a casbah meets Ralph Lauren meets colonial British Mick Fleetwood, and its changing and morphing as the process moves along."

Hawaiian Native Vene Chun presided over the traditional Hawaiian blessing last month, calling upon "na 'aumakua," ancestral guardians. Beginning with the blowing the conch and chanting, he used a tealeaf (a symbol of purification) to spread water (to give new life to the space) and sea salt (considered the amniotic fluid of Mother Earth), which reenergizes and revitalizes the spirits to rejuvenate everything in the building.

The blessing was followed by the initial demolition of the former restaurant's interior. An 1899 Langtry sign that adorned the back of one of the former restaurant's booths was salvaged and will be framed to hang on the walls of the new restaurant after renovations are complete. This was a particularly apropos, considering Langtry was one of the first locations of Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar Wines.

Fleetwood paid tribute to his late father, whose watch he wore to the ceremony and affectionately spoke about his mother, Bridget, who was in attendance.

"It's been a long time in dreaming of doing this," he said. "Mum, Mummy she knows way too much about me, but she knew me back in the day I was aspiring to play drums back when I was at the ripe old age of 9 or 10 years old. And mum and dad gave me part of their house, which were the stables, which we called Club Keller. And to me and mum, this [Fleetwood's on Front Street] is Club Keller. This was where I played drums, where I aspired to dream of going to London and began believing in something that might not be believable."

http://www.mauiweekly.com/page/conte...eet.html?nav=8
Old 04-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hawaii Business, April 8, 2013
http://www.hawaiibusiness.com/Hawaii...iness-on-Maui/

Celebrities get down to business on Maui

Open for business are Gene Simmons of Kiss, Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac, former Van Halen front man Sammy Hagar, and Basketball Hall of Fame member and former NBA coach Don Nelson

By Lehia Apana

Open any celebrity magazine and you’ll likely find photos of stars living it up in Hawaii: lounging behind oversize sunglasses, playing in the surf or sipping on an umbrella-adorned drink. But not every famous person who visits the Islands is focused just on rest and relaxation. The itineraries of some A-list entrepreneurs include everything from business meetings to product sampling.

Nowhere is this influx of celebrity businesses more evident than on Maui, where several stars have decided to work and play, including rockers-turned-restaurateurs Gene Simmons of Kiss, Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac and former Van Halen front man Sammy Hagar, who also produces his own line of rum. Basketball Hall of Fame member and former coach Don Nelson is also betting on success with his oceanfront events facility. Then there’s the queen of media, Oprah Winfrey, who has filed a number of trademark applications and appears to be gearing up to sell organic products from her Upcountry farm.

[omitted parts of the article not related to Mick]
Drumming Up Success

Mick Fleetwood, right, with Scott Leibfried, corporate chef at Fleetwood's on Front St.

Fleetwood, a full-time Maui resident and newcomer to the Lahaina restaurant landscape, has lent his famous moniker to Fleetwood’s on Front St., which opened in August 2012. It’s no surprise that music has helped define the restaurant, and diners can enjoy live entertainment nightly on the rooftop lounge. The opening celebration saw jam sessions by drummer Fleetwood, Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler and blues guitarist Jonny Lang, among others.

In addition to his famous friends taking the stage, Fleetwood has enlisted the culinary talents of celebrity chef Scott Leibfried, sous chef on the “Hell’s Kitchen” reality show. As Fleetwood’s on Front St.’s corporate chef, Leibfried helped create the menu and is working with Fleetwood to write a cookbook that could be on shelves sometime this year.

For the record, Fleetwood’s business history hasn’t been perfect. He blames a failed restaurant venture about two decades ago on the fact that he “wasn’t present” in its daily operations.

“You can’t do this without really being involved, and it’s not advisable to sort of slap your name on it and disappear,” he says, adding that he visits the restaurant up to four nights a week.

“I’m just not one of those public figures who hides from people. I’m very open and I think that is no doubt necessary when running a business,” says Fleetwood. “If you’re going to be there, you can’t mind taking pictures, talking to customers and asking them how we can make it better.

“I’m that person, so if I was frightened and annoyed at people coming up to me all the time, this would not be the business to be in.”

Fleetwood is currently on a four-month North American tour with Fleetwood Mac, but has plans to keep in touch with the restaurant virtually while he’s away.

“We’re going to have fun doing audio and video linkups to my dressing room so I can say hello to people behind the bar,” he explains.

Beyond the restaurant, Fleetwood has plans to open a retail shop in the same building that will feature a wine gallery, food and creations from local artists, including some of Fleetwood’s own art.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sammy has a beach bar in Atlantic City.

I hope Micks restaurant does good .

I hope he will expand into the states with it.

I wonder if his background music is all FM tunes.LOL.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I visited the restaurant in August. It had just opened, and they were still preparing for the grand public opening. The food was pretty good, but it needed a little work. It was fun, and I posed for pictures in front of Mick's drum kit. A lot of fun, for sure.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Edmonton Journal, February 8, 2014 by Liane Faulder

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/story...tml?id=9477024

If you’re looking for prices straight up the middle, visit Fleetwood’s on Front (744 Front St. 808-669-6425) opened in 2012 by the drummer in the famous band, Fleetwood Mac. Mick Fleetwood, a Scot, has a home on Maui and the eatery features one of his drum kits (gold-plated). A man in a sarong delivered a traditional Hawaiian blessing, complete with tooting conch shell, to launch our evening on the stunning rooftop patio. Directly thereafter, a man in a kilt serenaded us with bagpipes. Similarly, Fleetwood’s menu is a bit of a dog’s breakfast, offering everything from eggplant Parmesan to chicken curry. But with that ocean view, Fleetwood could flog haggis and people would lap it up.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Mick Fleetwood, a Scot,
huh?
tencharacters
Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Government Center Gazette and Van Nuys News Press

http://www.vannuysnewspress.com/2014...special-treat/

Fleetwood’s On Front Street Is A Special Treat, March 30, 2014

By George Christopher Thomas, Food Critic

MAUI, HAWAII — If there was ever a place that had ambience, it is Fleetwood’s on Front Street in Maui. This is the place you hope your family takes you on your birthday. This is the place you take your bride after you elope in Maui on your wedding night. Fleetwood’s on Front Street is the place you take your mother on her 60th birthday and thank her for raising you.

It is also the place to stop by and grab a superior bite to eat any time you are in Lahina. We enjoyed the best seat in the house, overlooking the ocean and right by the live band. As the restaurant is on Front Street — so called because it directly flanks the Pacific — we could hear the waves crash right across the street. On the way to the restaurant, you can walk down the sidewalk though the quiet town and get a little spray from the wave. Lahina is perfectly located and an absolutely beautiful little village.

The serenity of the town takes a break at Fleetwood’s on Front Street, where something is happening day and night. The band performing live were a duo of seasoned, professional musicians who played at an ideal volume so that you can still hear yourself think, and enjoy your dinner. Mick Fleetwood himself — a regular performer at his restaurant — likely came in and did the sound check for this band, because everything was absolutely perfect.

The blues band was excellent, with a good mix of well-known, mellowed-out covers, including ZZ Top, Beatles and Rolling Stones songs. Right after they were done with their first set, the lead singer said “When you are in the moment, time is irrelevant.” Amen brother.

Besides all the music and ambiance and location, there is the great food. We started off with Kula tomatoes from the Maui mountains, red and yellow ones, dipped in pink Maui sea salt. Those Kula tomatoes brushed with Hawaiian sea salt had more flavor that almost any I have ever tasted.

They also had the most amazing and delicious house made rosemary and thyme Italian-style bread. Believe me, that bread with homey butter along with the Kula tomatoes and pink Hawaiian sea salt was a great way to start off dinner, piquing our appetites for more to come.

We had only been here for fifteen minutes when Fleetwood’s on Front Street officially became my favorite restaurant in Maui. There is something special going on, and it would be no surprise if the band playing were all famous rock stars. They knew what they were doing and hit every note perfectly.

Next up was another round of starters, the freshest, fattest mussels in a coconut milk broth. They were perfectly cooked, tasting like they were born, grown, harvested and cooked just for me. Following that was the main course, and I wanted something substantial and smoky. One of the day’s specials, the beef Wellington, was the choice for me. This was a hearty dish straight out of the old country yet quite at home in Maui. As I sat and ate the best beef Wellington in America, the second best in all of the world, behind my Mum-in-Law’s back in Merry Old England, I thanked the moon and the stars for the infusing of cultures. To be eating British comfort food as I sat by the ocean drinking a Mai Tai in Maui proved once again that Hawaii is a very special place. For this moment in time, life was good, and the homemade horseradish was pretty awesome as well, with just the right amount of kick.

The food, the location, the world-class music and cool ambiance are individually reasons to dine here; combined they make it a destination not to be missed. The rumor that Mick Fleetwood comes out and plays from time to time should give you at least one more reason to stop by and have a cheeseburger.

My dad says the greatest thing Bill Clinton ever did was to reunite Fleetwood Mac. Imagine having a nice meal by the ocean in Maui and seeing Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham walk by … it’s showtime and it might happen. (In my fantasy they play the entire Rumors album all the way through.) Could someone in the band get me a side of Thousand Island for my fries? A gravy boat full would suffice. Cheers mates.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alicka Promise BlogSpot, April 11, 2014 [click for photos]

http://alickapromise.blogspot.com/20...nt-street.html

Fleetwood's on Front Street

Shaina and I went to Fleetwood's on Front Street tonight for dinner, and we got sat on the rooftop right before sunset.

We had an epic view of the sun setting behind Lanai, and of a bagpiper:

Mick Fleetwood is very proud of his Scottish heritage, so he has a sunset ceremony performed nightly from the rooftop featuring a bagpipe player followed by a conch shell blowing and torch lighting done by a Hawiian native.

{pink pastel hues washing the sky at sunset}

{rooftop dining room--I'm loving the string of white lights along the rafters}

{going light after Lahaina Grill decadence last night: butternut squash with quinoa}