User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Exactly. I've seen too much footage of her turning her head and rolling her eyes at the idiot. She knows $tevie's an idiot.
She used to get together with Lindsey and laugh at her and her entourage, so yeah, I don’t believe for a second they’re now besties. Gimme a break!!!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Bob Welch. Surprisingly good things to say about him. Oh, then she says the whole time he was in the band he was a "heroin junkie"

Oh my goodness. If Wendy were still alive she would spontaneously combust in flames. Michele
I was thinking the exact same thing. Both Bob and Wendy rolling over in their graves.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as it kills me to throw my life long heroine under the bus, I agree. She might be half a notch above them, but no more than that.

WHAT was all that BuckVie love? Just more CRAP? IF IF IF she cared for him the way it looked, SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE MOTHER F*CKING BUS, AND SAVED THE DAY.

But she folded like a cheap lawn chair.
apparently Mick mansplained it to her - that this was her only option "it had to be done". and she took a path of least resistance and is now getting slammed in reviews and continually condescended by Stevie.

Christine is better than this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some of the smaller details in the documentary that were interesting..

Neil and Chris have been working together on at least one song so far. Where will it go? FM album? Neil Finn album? Another Chris solo album (seems least likely option)? Sit on a shelf never to be heard?

She mentioned falling and hurting her hip. Wonder if that's what LB was referring to when saying Chris was "fragile"? Maybe it bothers her onstage for couple hours every night for months on end??? She certainly seemed healthy and happy and fine and active in the BuckVie shows...

I'm still bothered by Stevie's comment about people who cross her should "watch.out" Just felt like a coded message to LB-- not that she's gonna come after him but that he crossed her one too many times and look what happened. See? Cross me and I *will* get my way, however long it takes -- that kind of thing.

Why is Mick always so obsessed with penises and balls? It's so far into the realms of an unhealthy obsession it's gross.

We see how close John and Chris still are and the esteem he holds her in by not only him appearing in this a fair amount but how much more verbal he is (for him) than he typically is in interviews. He seems to open up more than usual talking about her.

I do wonder if anyone other than Chris was asked about the LB debacle. Odd for Mick not to have commented since he's been the spokesman for it all this time. Willing to bet it was off.the.table. for asking Stevie.

The Hold Me director stated that Chris was like the mother and that all the bad behavior of everyone else "it was like she'd dealt with it all before" and she was the one who tried to rise above all that.

She really doesn't pick great partners in her personal life. Fun guys but not reliable or faithful or nice to her often.

Stevie keeps making it like they were besties, when Chris talks about their relationship like a work friendship.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as it kills me to throw my life long heroine under the bus, I agree. She might be half a notch above them, but no more than that.

WHAT was all that BuckVie love? Just more CRAP? IF IF IF she cared for him the way it looked, SHE COULD HAVE STOPPED THE MOTHER F*CKING BUS, AND SAVED THE DAY.

Unless she was brainwashed by Mick and Stevie, I can't see why she needed not only to give him the cold shoulder and be on their side but also to mention how HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY she is now that he's gone. And how he kinda deserved what happened to him, how he was ousted, because you don't mess with Stevie.

She was never my heroine and all I know is that they all hurt him just the same. And they keep on doing it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 09-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She was never my heroine but I always felt she was above the petty crap of Stevie, Mick, and for that matter, Lindsey. Her decision to go along with this farce after recording and touring with Lindsey just a few months earlier has totally soured me on her (maybe as you said, a half notch above the other two).

The way they screwed Lindsey is still appalling to me. Stevie wouldn’t have ever been in the band without him. And there would not have been a Fleetwood Mac for Christine to come back to in 2014 if Lindsey had also decided to bolt after The Dance. At least not one that has made the kind of money over the last 5 years for Chris.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently Mick mansplained it to her - that this was her only option "it had to be done". and she took a path of least resistance and is now getting slammed in reviews and continually condescended by Stevie.

Christine is better than this.
She may have been before. She is not any longer.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m sure the Buckingham/McVie album pissed off Stevie and was the icing on the cake.The promo video of the recording of the album with all four of them talking about how great it was to be together.....and the music that all fell into place etc......she was not going to let that be the last “word”
Old 09-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I rewatched the doc again. Lindsey does actually have a brief speaking part in it-- when talking about the story of how Mick asked them to join, they cut to a clip of Lindsey telling the story of Mick hearing a clip from 'an album we had done about a year before' It appears to be a clip from pre-Rumours.

Christine says about Over My Head and being inspired by LB: "he was that kind of a guy. He could be cold as ice. And then he could be great. Uh, so I think I just took that feeling I was feeling and made it into a song"

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-22-2019 at 09:27 PM..
Old 09-23-2019, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I’m sure the Buckingham/McVie album pissed off Stevie and was the icing on the cake.The promo video of the recording of the album with all four of them talking about how great it was to be together.....and the music that all fell into place etc......she was not going to let that be the last “word”
Exactly. $he IS the star, and $he ain't f*cking with anybody. Get in her way, and $he'll show you.

Bitter, old, jealous HAG.

I hope karma eventually deals her a REALLY bad hand. , not
Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes, she had the power to stop it. Christine could’ve said she’s not touring and Stevie would’ve huffed and puffed for about a year and then she would’ve given in. And, if Christine had taken a stand, I half think that John would’ve sided with her and not with Mick and Stevie. I know what it is like to be reluctant to do something, to be cowardly, but it would’ve been harder for me to stab Lindsey in the back than it would’ve been to draw Mick and Stevie’s ire. Although, if I ignored Lindsey’s phone calls and emails and just ghosted him and never had to look into his eyes and confront my guilt, I guess that would’ve made it easier.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, she had the power to stop it. Christine could’ve said she’s not touring and Stevie would’ve huffed and puffed for about a year and then she would’ve given in. And, if Christine had taken a stand, I half think that John would’ve sided with her and not with Mick and Stevie. I know what it is like to be reluctant to do something, to be cowardly, but it would’ve been harder for me to stab Lindsey in the back than it would’ve been to draw Mick and Stevie’s ire. Although, if I ignored Lindsey’s phone calls and emails and just ghosted him and never had to look into his eyes and confront my guilt, I guess that would’ve made it easier.
HOW could she ignore his phone calls and emails??? Has she no spine, nor loyalty?

Unless she's just like them? I know she's an old lady now, but Mick called her Super Woman. If she once was, she sure ain't, now!!
Old 09-23-2019, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It still irks me that they insist it “had to happen” No, actually it didn’t. Any other group of rational adults would of said “it’s not a good year for Stevie and Lindsey, let’s regroup in 6 months”

Instead, like clockwork, the three year Fleetwood Mac timer was going off and Stevie wanted her payday in any shape or form she could get it.

All over a dumb greatest hits tour where the headlines would all be about a Tom petty or crowded house song, not even a Fleetwood Mac song. How sad is that.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
HOW could she ignore his phone calls and emails??? Has she no spine, nor loyalty?

Unless she's just like them? I know she's an old lady now, but Mick called her Super Woman. If she once was, she sure ain't, now!!
THAT is what really, really bugs me. You don't act that way, like a cold b*tch, with someone you supposedly love.

She has to follow Stevie and Mick's "orders"? Fine. She has to promote the new guys in the band? Fine. But who was preventing her from answering his e-mails and phone calls, especially after his heart attack? There's NO excuse for her pathetic behavior. No excuse.

And her "unnecesary" happy, happy comments? Yeah, twist the knife a bit more, Christine. Because he's not hurt enough.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It still irks me that they insist it “had to happen” No, actually it didn’t. Any other group of rational adults would of said “it’s not a good year for Stevie and Lindsey, let’s regroup in 6 months”

Instead, like clockwork, the three year Fleetwood Mac timer was going off and Stevie wanted her payday in any shape or form she could get it.

All over a dumb greatest hits tour where the headlines would all be about a Tom petty or crowded house song, not even a Fleetwood Mac song. How sad is that.
And why it "had to happen"? We still don't know.

But Don't dream it's over is one of the "greatest love song of all time", according to Queen Stevie. Yeah, I bet she didn't even know the lyrics before Mick brought Finn into the band.