Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 40

When you became a fan: Technically in 1997 after seeing The Dance, but officially in 2007 when I discovered BuckinghamNicks.net.

How you became a fan: I fell in love with the song "Silver Springs" on the radio in '97. In 2007, I saw Lindsey's Soundstage and looked up Lindsey and Stevie on web.

First 3 FM songs: "Silver Springs", "Gypsy", "The Chain"

First FM vocalist: Toss up between Stevie & Lindsey

Favorite FM Time Period: 1975-1979, 1982, 1997.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Stevie - 35% Lindsey - 35%, Chris - 30%

Concerts you've attended: Stevie - Atlanta GA 2008, Lindsey - Atlantic City 2008, FM - Atlanta 2009 & Nashville 2009.

FM stuff you own: All the BN lineup cd's.

Favorite thing about FM: The marriage of the music, lyrics and production, the chemistry in the band.

Least favorite thing about FM: How it's used as a vehicle of sorts and maybe abused a bit by that.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, but it's still sort of fresh in some ways and especially when they are all actively working on projects we know about.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: I guess Christine returning, but I love 'em as they are too.

You wish for the future of the Mac: A final new album and respectful farewell tour with at least one Christine performance. Then, the release of Buckingham Nicks and a tour. And whatever projects they do after that.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: almost 48

When you became a fan: beginning of 1977

How you became a fan: saw GYOW on TV

First 3 FM songs: GYOW, Rhiannon and GDW

First FM vocalist: Stevie (of course)

Favorite FM Time Period: '75 -'87/'97 through present

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 60% Stevie, 30% Lindsey, 10% Christine

Concerts you've attended: Too many to mention here

FM stuff you own: Too much to list

Favorite thing about FM: that they keep on rocking

Least favorite thing about FM: they take looooooooong breaks as a band

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, I was a teenager when it started now I'm almost 50....

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie, Lindsey, Chris, John & Mick without all the back up singers/musicians

You wish for the future of the Mac: To play without all the back up singers/players

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 02-17-2011 at 08:27 AM..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
They really do, and I have no doubt that Mick, especially, would go for it! I totally agree with you on that last part (LOL) but there's no denyin' Stevie's the big draw at arena shows. Still, the guys could do really well in smaller clubs, and I'd rather see them in that type of setting anyways
I would love to see Men of Mac - I think they would have an absolute ball on stage, just the three of them.

And Mick and John might be able to persuade Lindsey (ie. arm twisted up his back) to come and do some gigs in England
Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Ledgie

Age Range: almost 19

When you became a fan: properly, late last year

How you became a fan: accidental but brilliant findings of Rhiannon live

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, I'm so afraid, sisters of the moon

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: 75-82

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 50% Stevie, 40% Lindsey, 10% Christine

Concerts you've attended: none

FM stuff you own: CD's- Rumours, Tusk, tango, greatest hits and 2x fleetwood mac live 67 but both different covers oddly?? Vinyl- rumours,mirage and Tango. Stevie nicks rock a little vinyl too!

Favorite thing about FM: the emotional and musical impact they have had on me recently

Least favorite thing about FM: ill never get to see a live show as good as it looked/sounded in the 70's

Are you the same fan your where when you started: only become a real fan recently so yeah!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: there is no dream lineup, just aslong as Stevie and Lindsey are present.

You wish for the future of the Mac: mac gets on all the major radio stations and shoves the rubbish of today aside
Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 21

When you became a fan:1996

How you became a fan: My mom, dad, sister and I lived at my grandmother's house while our house was being built for a year and a half in 1996 to 1997. There was a little workout area in my grandmother's house on the the third floor. Every night, my mother would play the 1982 concert while she ran the treadmill.

First 3 FM songs:Gypsy, Say You Love Me, Tusk

First FM vocalist:Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: Tusk, Mirage, Behind the Mask, 1997-Present

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Stevie 45% Lindsey 35% Christine 20%

Concerts you've attendedance Tour (1), Enchanted (1), TISL (1), Say You Will (5), Two Voices (1), Under the Skin (4), Crystal Visions (1), Gift of Screws (3), 2008 Gold Dust shows (2), Unleashed (2), and Not a Tour (1)

FM stuff you own:Every Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks album on vinyl through 1991, Rooms on Fire 45', Mick Fleetwood's drum stick from the 1990 tour, Lindsey's autograph,lots and lots of audio CD and DVD bootlegs

Favorite thing about FM: Their ability to cheer me up no matter how upset I may be.

Least favorite thing about FM:Their resistance to change up their live set lists/make new music.

Are you the same fan your where when you started:In some ways, yes. When I first became a fan, I was only a child. Now I am an adult about to graduate College. Its amazing to put things into perspective. I never thought I would be going to the record store to buy a new Stevie/Lindsey LP in college.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:Original Rumors line-up

You wish for the future of the Mac:Two more studio albums
Old 02-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Ledgie

Age Range: Sixteen

When you became a fan: Since I was born; But that I can remember? About three.

How you became a fan: My daddy was / is forever playing ANYTHING Stevie & Fleetwood Mac. Especially the interviews on Youtube I loved.

First 3 FM songs: Say You Will, Fireflies, & Sweet Girl

First FM vocalist: Stevie Lynn.

Favorite FM Time Period: I couldn't even choose if you had a gun to my head.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 45% Stevie, 20% Lindsey, 35% Christine

Concerts you've attended: 2 Say You Will, Stevie & Don Henley, 2 Crystal Visions, 2 Unleashed, & This past summer tour. So thats 8 I think?

FM stuff you own: Every CD, (1975 & Up) DVD, & VHS. Mirage, The White Album & Rumours on vinyl. A Tusk tour cup. Mick Fleetwoods book, Storms book, 18 total shirts Stevie & FM shirts, An Unleashed Necklace, & I think thats all.

Favorite thing about FM: After everything that has happened between them all, they can still pull it together and put on an amazing show.

Least favorite thing about FM: I don't have anything I dislike.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I think I am, But now i'm older and I have a computer so I can get more shows, and shirts and things (:

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Stevie, Lindsey, CHRISTINE, Mick, & John. So I guess, Just to have Chrissy back.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Another album would be lovely.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 31

When you became a fan: Grew up hearing them on the radio; liked their songs, but didn't pay much attention to them until 1998 or so.

How you became a fan: Was a fan of Stevie first; saw her VH1 Storytellers and was hooked immediately.

First 3 FM songs: Hmm...the ones I heard on the radio: Gypsy, Little Lies, Hold Me

First FM vocalist: I started paying attention b/c of Stevie, but Christine is probably the first one I heard.

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours-era, by far ('75-'87; '97-'98).

Vocalist breakdown by percentage:

Stevie - 50%
Lindsey - 30%
Christine - 20%

Concerts you've attended: Never seen FM (or SN) live; saw Lindsey once in 2006 (great show).

FM stuff you own: Other than CDs, nada.

Favorite thing about FM: LB's production.

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that Christine isn't in it anymore.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Nah. I'm still a fan, but not as rabid as I was a few years ago. I went through a period when I didn't listen to them (or Stevie) at all.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey, Stevie, Peter Green.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I wish Christine would come back to make an album with them, but it'll never happen.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age 48

When you became a fan: 1977 to 1982, went walkabout & returned back in full swing in 2008 after re discovering F/Mac esp Sisters of the Moon on you tube, which has lead to my insomnia, couldn't stop listening to everything F/Mac & Stevie related.. 2008 to this day still...

How you became a fan: First hearing Stevie's enchanting voice singing Dreams on the radio in 1977..

First 3 F/Mac songs: Dreams, Go your own way & The Chain

First F/Mac vocalist: Definitely Stevie's distinctive unique voice

Favorite time period: ''75, Rumours, Tusk, Mirage, The Dance & Present

Vocalist breakdown percentage: Stevie %80, Lindsey %20

Concerts you've attended: Rumours ''77 Rockarena, Melbourne Myer Music Bowl singing with Bob Dylan & Tom Petty Knocking on Heavens door, Brisbane Unleashed Tour, front row for all 3

F/Mac stuff you own: DVDs Tusk Doc, Rosebud, Mirage 82 LA live , The Dance, Destiny Rules, Unleashed NJ, LA, Stevie US Fest, White Winged Dove HBO, Paso Robles CA 07, Storytellers, Behind the Music, SN with Melbourne Symphony Orc 06, Live at Red rocks.... CDs & MP3 downloads to many to mention..

Favorite thing about F/Mac: Their unique sound, & personalities, Stevie's captivating presence on stage, Lindsey's awesome guitar playing, & with everything that the band has gone though over the past 35yrs, egos, love affairs, drugs etc,
solo projects, they have managed to go full circle back to love & respecting one another.. Never Breaking The Chain... They're still rocking & doing their thing...

Least favorite thing: Cant think of anything, other than why Brown Eyes was not played live that i know of..

Are you the same fan when you started: No not really i did dig their music back in the day, i appreciate their music sooo much more now..

Rumours line up

Your wish for the future of the Mac: Another Album, followed by a World tour, with not so many hits in their setlist..
Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post

Least favorite thing: Cant think of anything, other than why Brown Eyes was not played live that i know of..
It was!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome thanks for posting, but for some reason the clip is not loading..
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Age Range: 38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwwd9sq6qn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woIuHrjUtOw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFv72zAn9Bw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHUEU_MDLBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgcR6rWeVi4

When you became a fan: too many years ago

How you became a fan: Brain washed with rumours from older sister as a kid

First 3 FM songs: silver springs,oh well,live sisters of the moon

First FM vocalist:stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: all time periods

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: all

Concerts you've attended:

FM stuff you own:a tribute band

Favorite thing about FM: everyting

Least favorite thing about FM: drugs

Are you the same fan your where when you started: yep

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:

You wish for the future of the Mac:decent world tour

Last edited by Mac Fleetwood; 02-23-2011 at 06:56 PM..
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: getting too close to 40 for my liking

When you became a fan: about 15-16 years ago

How you became a fan: Heard a few FM songs on the radio, bought the greatest hits album and went from there.

First 3 FM songs: Little Lies, Rhiannon and probably another one

First FM vocalist:
Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: Walker/Welch/Weston

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 6.25% each (and yes I know that technically Mick only did two "songs", John only did backing vocals on The Dance tour and Brunning only did vocals on his own solo work (but C & W Blues is a great song)).

Concerts you've attended: 2 x Fleetwood Mac, 1 x Stevie Solo

FM stuff you own: all the albums and quite a few DVDs

Favorite thing about FM: The depth of vocal talent through 44 years...

Least favorite thing about FM: Is it fair to say Christine McVie? No? Oh well then maybe Dave Mason.

Are you the same fan you were when you started:
No. I started off being one of those one-eyed Stevie fans, and eventually became a fan of Fleetwood Mac as a whole.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Peter, Mick, John, Jeremy and Rick.

You wish for the future of the Mac: New members. I'm over this whole Stevie/Lindsey thing. How about finding us some new talent Mr Fleetwood?

Last edited by chriskisn; 02-24-2011 at 06:40 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: I was in college when I became a fan in 1975. You do the arithmetic.

When you became a fan: In 1974 or 1975, don't remember exactly.

How you became a fan: I was introduced to the band by a classmate shortly before the 'White Album' was released. When the 'White Album' came out I bought a copy and at first thought Lindsey was the girl and Stevie the guy! (Well, Stevie Wonder and Stevie Winwood are guys, right?) When I saw them for the first time in Oct. of '75 I was hooked for life.

First 3 FM songs: I heard the 5 Bob Welch era albums first so all the songs from them.

First FM vocalist: I guess Christine, Bob, Danny and to a lesser extent Jeremy.

Favorite FM Time Period: Welch era, although I like them all (with the possible exception of the Bekka era ... sorry ... can't stand her singing style.)

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Impossible to quantify. Christine is #1 by a country mile, but everybody else is on there too.

Concerts you've attended: I think I saw the full 'Rumours' era band six times. I've seen Christine, Bob and Peter once each.

FM stuff you own: All the albums, most of them on both CD and vinyl, most in multiple copies. All of Christine's solo records, all of Bob's (I think) and quite a few solo records by other members. I have a couple of books. A t-shirt from the Tusk tour and a t-shirt from the Christine tour.

Favorite thing about FM: The music; the variety of the music throughout their history; and the fact that the band survives, no matter what.

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that they are sometimes put in a category with "soft rock" or "California rock" bands. They are so much better than that. Other least favorite things are the absence of Christine, and the relatively short tenure of the brilliant Danny.

Are you the same fan your where [sic] when you started: Of course not.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: I'll go with Peter, Mick, John and Christine.

You wish for the future of the Mac: That their music will live forever and that people 100 years from now will still be listening.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 40 something

When you became a fan: Early 80's

How you became a fan: The Gypsy and Hold Me videos caught my attention. My Mom bought me Rumors by accident thinking it was the tape with those songs! A very happy accident

First 3 FM songs: Gypsy, Dreams, Rhiannon

Favorite FM Time Period: Mirage-Tango

Concerts you've attended: 2 or 3 in Ohio in the early 1990s and a few in Arizona in the 2000s

FM stuff you own: Really cool "Rumors" mirror I found at a yard sale, a new 8 tracks, most of the vinyl

Favorite thing about FM: Their songs realy speak to me

Least favorite thing about FM: Lack of releases! Lots of music on vinyl the label has never released on cd

Are you the same fan your where when you started: This is a hard one. Sort of I guess!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The Rumour lineup! One more tour Christine?

You wish for the future of the Mac: Re-release music previously availabe on vinyl or promo only on cd!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
FM stuff you own: All the albums, most of them on both CD and vinyl, most in multiple copies. All of Christine's solo records, all of Bob's (I think) and quite a few solo records by other members. I have a couple of books. A t-shirt from the Tusk tour and a t-shirt from the Christine tour.
Do you have the pink Legendary Christine Perfect or a Blue Horizon? If it's the latter please post a picture!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr