The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there is any way those two got together. For one thing, Christine eats twigs like Lindsey for dessert. Secondly, Lindsey has a definite type- petite, blonde, girly, etc. Don't get me wrong... Christine is quite , uh, er, um... very... um... handsome, yeah that's the word. I know that Christine has tried, and she has done a lot with hair, makeup and clothes. But whenever I see her all made up and wearing a dress, I just see a dude playing dress-up. She definitely has her own kind of, um, appeal... but definitely not the kind Lindsey would be into.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't think there is any way those two got together. For one thing, Christine eats twigs like Lindsey for dessert. Secondly, Lindsey has a definite type- petite, blonde, girly, etc. Don't get me wrong... Christine is quite , uh, er, um... very... um... handsome, yeah that's the word. I know that Christine has tried, and she has done a lot with hair, makeup and clothes. But whenever I see her all made up and wearing a dress, I just see a dude playing dress-up. She definitely has her own kind of, um, appeal... but definitely not the kind Lindsey would be into.
No, I know what you mean, she's not a feminine little diva - and thats what I like!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You hit the nail on the head in terms of Lindsey...this may be a little OT but can I just say that the man prattles on and on and basically says the exact same thing (that could be summed up in a 6 letter sentence no less) over and over again. In terms of private, I think he's extremely so...to the degree that he still has said nothing about that tell-all, mentioned anything sleazy about his past relationships, or called out Stevie in the way she does him. He's conveniently talkative to such an extent and still...says very little.

However, that would be in spoken word. I won't say anything about hi songs...
I agree that he was most comfortable w/ Christine vs Stevie too.. from reading, the music, and the chemistry just seems to be more solid between LB and CM..
Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I love you.

Right back at ya!!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
hahah.. right on the money.. as a gay man.. I've always thought of FM to be john mcvie w/ 4 guys in drag..
Old 11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totally agree. And, CM "handsome"! Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
hahah.. right on the money.. as a gay man.. I've always thought of FM to be john mcvie w/ 4 guys in drag..
ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
What about - STEVIE & JOHN! then the circle would be complete (Not sure about Mick & Chris, but probs)
I wonder if John could get over that betrayal if Mick slept with Christine. Plus, I just don't see either Mick or Christine being attracted to the other.

Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala View Post
If that look was genuine, it's enough to convince me they boned...AT LEAST once
I think there's something very sensual about them together, but not necessarily sexual. I think it's more like, "um, man we're sounding really good. When you play this, I'll do a little of that. Yeah, right there. That's nice."

Just a synchonicity . . . Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM

Ok... I'll tell a little something about myself.. no judging now...

I once got a little snockered and slept with my best friend... it was mutual and it happened 3 or 4 times after (all under the influence)...

We've been friends now for 11 years and hell would freeze over before it would happen again..

We rarely talk about it... but we will laugh about it sometimes...

My point... things do happen.. and the person doesn't necessarily have to be your "type".. sometimes having sexual feelings for someone whom isn't your type happens.. (You know what I mean?)

Anyway... one would guess it would have ruined the friendship.. but we are as tight as ever....

Except of course if he doesn't call me on this wonderful saturday night like he said he would!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think there's something very sensual about them together, but not necessarily sexual. I think it's more like, "um, man we're sounding really good. When you play this, I'll do a little of that. Yeah, right there. That's nice."

Just a synchonicity . . . Michele

When/if LB smiles at Chris, that's always what I think he's doing - just giving a recognition of how good they're sounding.

Usually with Stevie I think they have inside jokes going on...
Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
When/if LB smiles at Chris, that's always what I think he's doing - just giving a recognition of how good they're sounding.
Well, he stares at her for loooong periods of time. I think they are (well were) communicating and definitely sharing jokes -- sometimes jokes about Stevie. But I don't think it's about being in each other's pants.

Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, he stares at her for loooong periods of time. I think they are (well were) communicating and definitely sharing jokes -- sometimes jokes about Stevie. But I don't think it's about being in each other's pants.

Michele

LOL! Well speaking of onstage communicating - do you ever get the impression John doesn't have a clue what Stevie is saying to him when Lindsey is doing his intros. I always get so cracked up at how she seems to be so chatty cathy with him, and I'm thinking 1.- he probably can't hear her and 2. he's glad he can't!

Ok, back to how Lindsey and Christine were drooling over each other.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just thinking further that a lot of the time Lindsey spends interacting with the audience today is time he used to spend gazing, winking at, laughing with and mouthing words to Christine in the old days. Stand Back from The Dance tour being a prime example.

Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL! Well speaking of onstage communicating - do you ever get the impression John doesn't have a clue what Stevie is saying to him when Lindsey is doing his intros. I always get so cracked up at how she seems to be so chatty cathy with him, and I'm thinking 1.- he probably can't hear her and 2. he's glad he can't!

No, I imagine John hears Stevie. In my mind, they're often talking about Lindsey. But you do remind me of how Christine would be talking to Lindsey during World Turning or Tusk and he'd be going, "What? What?"

Poor John. It's one thing to spend hours looking at a Playboy with Stevie when you're both high and you'll never remember anything, but it's quite another thing to have to put up with these people when you're perfectly sober. Like Toby said, "I sobered up and I got to thinking, girl you ain't much fun since I quit drinking!"

Michele
Old 11-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was just thinking further that a lot of the time Lindsey spends interacting with the audience today is time he used to spend gazing, winking at, laughing with and mouthing words to Christine in the old days. Stand Back from The Dance tour being a prime example.

Michele
Interesting, Stevie as well has focused more outward to the audience this tour. I believe she is honest about missing Christine's presence onstage to divert the attention from herself and Lindsey. Oh, also on The Dance, Stevie looks at Christine, winks and shakes her finger at her during one song. It always cracks me up.