The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first Mac album was "Rumours" which I got around 1982. After that I got "Fleetwood Mac" and "Tusk", the rest all followed rather quickly.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

My first Fleetwood Mac ~ album was "Rumours". I got it right after it came out in 77'. I had it on 8 track and vinyl...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 12-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first FM album I heard was a burned copy of Rumours from my best friend. I purchased The Very Best of and The Dance a week later.
You're so like me
Old 12-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard Rumours in it's entirety back in 1977, I was 14 years old. So I immediately hit my parents up for cash when we were out shopping at Korvettes. I go to the record dept. and head straight for Fleetwood Mac. I was surprised that they had all these albums. So I picked up Rumours, however when looking at the albums I picked up Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac and was like wait I know alot of these songs so I grabbed that one also. But wait, whats this Buckingham Nicks record? So I also picked up that one. So I go find my parents and presented them with all three. My mother said "you said one album not three"! But I pleaded with her for the other two. So technically I got two "first" Fleetwood Mac albums and one bonus. LOL.

I have since purchased all of their albums and every album starting with Tusk on the day it gets released.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Ledgie

It was either 'Mystery to Me' or 'Hero's are Hard to Find'. Too old to remember back that far.

My Father had albums farther back than that. Probably all the way to '68, but I was too young to remember if he had them or not. I know he had something earlier than 'Mystery to Me' as I remember him telling me who we were listening to on occasion.

I was buying vinyl up until you couldn't get it any longer. I had original master recordings of the white album, Mirage, and Belle Donna from Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. I sure miss them.

I lost all of my albums among other things in the floods of '93 while living near St. Louis.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Greatest Hits. Studio Album ? Tusk!, of course !
Old 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
The Dance in 1997 was the first time I heard FM.
I was only seven years old at the time, so obviously I didn't buy it.
Same here!
Except I was 8 and I made my mom buy it for me after I heard her playing it all the time so I could listen to it at my dad's house also. The first one I bought myself was Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey everyone, this is my first post so a big hello

My first album was Tango in the Night. My mum gave me her copy of the record early last year and I was hooked, Timespace, Bare Trees, Mirage, Tusk then Rumours all quickly followed
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh hi ButterCookie, you seem familiar, heh heh!

My first album was Rumours!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first Fleetwood Mac album was Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac. I first got into them around 2008.

Basically, I was at school, and we were all bored. So we googled each others names (Like you do) and I googled my friends name "Rhiannon" found out it was a song, went home, downloaded it.

I became totally fascinated by Stevie Nicks, so I downloaded the album Rhiannon was on. After doing some research on wikipedia, I downloaded Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and Tango, as well as Stevie's solo albums (I've bought them all now, bought The White Album and Tango in Borders, then found Rumours in HMV, then I found Bella Donna in HMV a few weeks later, then got Tusk a few months later from Borders. I got given The Wild Heart at Christmas, and I've bought the rest with my Christmas money though I'm still waiting for Mirage and Stevie's solo albums to arrive from eBay xD)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My first was The Dance, purchased solely for Silver Springs back in 1998... but it only took one listen to hook me and before long I had the whole catalog!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Ledgie

buckingham nicks. i was in europe when it was released.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Technically, mine was a taped copy of some form of Peter Green's FM greatest hits that my mum gave me when I was about 12. I loved it Then I kinda forgot about the band for about 10 years until me and the boyf started to collect vinyl and I got that old greatest hits tape in vinyl along with Rumours. Since then I've collected Fleetwood Mac, Tusk, Mirage, Tango and all of Stevie's solo albums from the 80's. Planning on working my way back through the Bob Welch era now.. but finding it hard to find a copy of Mystery to Me in the charity shops
Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

2006: The Dance. I remember listening to the radio and hearing the live version of landslide. I had always known of stevie and fm but didn't realize exactly how much I knew until I saw The Dance at HMV. I bought it and listened to it non-stop for weeks. The other rumours-era albums soon followed...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Hey everyone, this is my first post so a big hello

My first album was Tango in the Night. My mum gave me her copy of the record early last year and I was hooked, Timespace, Bare Trees, Mirage, Tusk then Rumours all quickly followed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My first Fleetwood Mac album was Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac. I first got into them around 2008.

Basically, I was at school, and we were all bored. So we googled each others names (Like you do) and I googled my friends name "Rhiannon" found out it was a song, went home, downloaded it.

I became totally fascinated by Stevie Nicks, so I downloaded the album Rhiannon was on. After doing some research on wikipedia, I downloaded Rumours, Tusk, Mirage and Tango, as well as Stevie's solo albums (I've bought them all now, bought The White Album and Tango in Borders, then found Rumours in HMV, then I found Bella Donna in HMV a few weeks later, then got Tusk a few months later from Borders. I got given The Wild Heart at Christmas, and I've bought the rest with my Christmas money though I'm still waiting for Mirage and Stevie's solo albums to arrive from eBay xD)
Does every new member start off with the same avatar picture, or what?