User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~GoldDustWoman~ View Post
I've never heard of her crying about no one buying her music. I could see the Lindsey bashing but i've again never seen it. Got examples?
The most depressing and telling instance of this was when she blamed us (her most loyal fans) for the fact that her records don't sell well, saying something along the lines of, "yeah, maybe 30,000 (I have no idea what number she actually gave) hardcore fans buy the album, and then with the click of their fingers, they send it to 6 million of their friends." It's been at least a year since I've read the interview, but I think I've covered the gist of it. She then went on to say that because of this, she's been turned off of recording new music.

If you want the opinion of how Stevie's recent interviews look to someone who isn't a loyal and forgiving fan, see here:

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/editor...-the-internet/
You're so like me
Old 09-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
If the Eagles can put out a multi-platinum record in the 60's- I don't see why Fleetwood Mac couldn't do the same if they really tried~
Eagles are considerably more popular than Fleetwood Mac at this point- and not because of said album.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Do You Think It's Over?
...........No.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I personally think it's over. Stevie seems disinterested in recording new material because she and Fleetwood Mac are no longer a platinum selling artists. She also has chronicled how miserable she was during the making of Say You Will, and how she didn't like the end product of the album. She seems perpetually angry with Lindsey too. I see more touring to come, but no more new albums. I just don't think Stevie and Lindsey can find any middle ground or reason to record with Christine the moderator and voice of reason being gone. I don't know that I see more solo albums from Stevie either... and it'll probably be a decade before we see anything from Lindsey again.
I have to agree with you. I just don't think they'll be able to see eye to eye on recording a new album. I pray to God you're wrong about Stevie. I think she's got another solo album or two up her chiffon sleeve. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking. I think for Stevie, a lot of the magic is gone from Fleetwood Mac.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heck I thought it was over in 1987, so what do I know?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I might not have said it before this last tour but I will now .Stick a fork in em' they're done.Sure they'll continue to tour as long as there is moolah to be made but as far as any real creativiy in the future I just don't see it.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I might not have said it before this last tour but I will now .Stick a fork in em' they're done.Sure they'll continue to tour as long as there is moolah to be made but as far as any real creativiy in the future I just don't see it.
Unless they come up a drastically different show, I don't want them to tour anymore. SYW was good because it had been 6 years since The Dance and they had new songs to perform. The Unleashed Tour (aka Greatest Hits but not really) is a one time only thing. If they come back in a few years and do the same tour, they will have really beaten their legacy into the ground. My suggestion: A Lindsey and Stevie outing, with equal billing and a stripped down band. They could play theatres, with each performing alone and then doing songs together. And I'm not talking about Stand Back, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way or I'm So Afraid. They would do (gasp) different songs. They would reach into their SOLO catalogs and maybe do a FM song or two (acoustic Gypsy anyone?) I can see it, I can hear it...pure heaven.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Nobody here is giving Mick Fleetwood any credit for all the recording he's done. Whether he calls it the Zoo or the Blues Band or something else, he keeps recording every so often.

A few people want a Buckingham Nicks project of some sort or other, but what? An album? A tour? How would that actually differ from the last Mac album or tour?

Others say Fleetwood Mac has another huge tour or two in the future. At what? Age 65? 70?

I think the best thing for Stevie Nicks to do is to park herself at Caesar's Palace or Wynn in Las Vegas for six weeks & do three or four shows a week there. Maybe Mick Fleetwood will drum for her.
I could not agree more!! Mick has put out various projects that nobody bothers to mention. Some good, some not so fantastic, but he keeps going! "Blue Again!" is phenomenal IMHO, and I think we virtually guaranteed more from the MFBB.

I think of anyone, we can expect some new recordings from Mick (in some form or another) more often than Stevie or Lindsey over the next 10 years or so. After that, then maybe we can discuss the "end" of Fleetwood Mac, but not until then.

The idea of Stevie doing the Vegas thing is a great one. It would fit her perfectly. Throw in some guest appearances by Mick, John, Lindsey and Tom Petty and you have quite a show there.

That's my 2 cents. (at this point anyway!!)
Old 09-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
That's their problem...they've banked their entire 40 year history on one album. And, not even their BEST album (musically speaking) at that.

After all, that is the main reason WHY Peter Green named the band that way. The guitarists, keyboardists, songwriters, singers may come & go, but if Mick's behind the drums and John's anchored next to the drum riser on bass, it's Fleetwood Mac.
You took the words right out of my mouth chiliD!!!! Awesome!!! Hit the nail on the head, knocked the ball out of the park!! PG named the band as such specifically for this reason.

I have a little "conspiracy theory" you may or may not have seen posted on the "Post Rumours" board a while back that talks about what Mick may or may not be planning in the next few years with the MFBB. In summary: If this does turn out to be "the end" of the LB/SN era of FM, then so be it. Stevie will likely record more solo projects (perhaps 2 -3) then retire completely. Lindsey will likely record several more solo projects and possibly tour before he retires. John will either hook up with Mick off and on as part of the MFBB/retro-FM gig or just retire all together. Mick will keep working with Rick on the MFBB and eventually drop all pretence and just call it Fleetwood Mac with John coming in and out as mentioned in between sailing trips and Rick Vito fronting the group. Perhaps Christine will drop in now and again when they play UK/Europe dates, but not likely. She's done. Eventually Mick will become just too damned old to move and finally retire. That will really be "the end".
Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alright, somebody KILL this thread. I don't want to see it anymore. The Mac will never be over. Touring or no touring, they are not over.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
Alright, somebody KILL this thread. I don't want to see it anymore. The Mac will never be over. Touring or no touring, they are not over.
Well, you could alter the course of the thread by providing a compelling argument for that- if you're so sure about it. You know, instead of just "killing" it.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Well, you could alter the course of the thread by providing a compelling argument for that- if you're so sure about it. You know, instead of just "killing" it.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think it's over for them. There's something left in this band. What it is, I can't guess.

What I'd like to see is a "two-fer" MAC project (like Buckingham did with his last two solo albums). I'd also like to see Stevie release another solo project!
Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I don't think it's over for them. There's something left in this band. What it is, I can't guess.

What I'd like to see is a "two-fer" MAC project (like Buckingham did with his last two solo albums). I'd also like to see Stevie release another solo project!

I agree Brandon, I don't think it's over... also... I feel like there might be 2 more albums... I especially feel like a new album is in the making right now also... Just my spectulation... I would like to see 2 or 3 more albums, even if they were recording from their walkers and wheel chairs in 10 more years... and didn't tour...

Besides, it's NOT over until the Fat Lady Sings!!! Eh...???

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 09-19-2009, 02:13 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
I agree Brandon, I don't think it's over... also... I feel like there might be 2 more albums...

Besides, it's NOT over until the Fat Lady Sings!!! Eh...???

Donnie Wayne ~
I would love to see 2 more albums from them before "retirement." I have a feeling that the band will never really "stop" until one of them dies. And when that happens, they should respectfully take a bow.