Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Zurich, Oct. 13, info needed

Three spaniards going to Zurich to see the Mac for the second time this year!
Would you be so nice to contact me, as we need some info about transportation to Hallenstadion, bars, restaurants... And it would be great to meet some people there! Thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanobbi View Post
Three spaniards going to Zurich to see the Mac for the second time this year!
Would you be so nice to contact me, as we need some info about transportation to Hallenstadion, bars, restaurants... And it would be great to meet some people there! Thanks
I'm currently living in Zurich -- just checked in here for the first time in a long time after seeing a poster for this concert on my way home tonight. (Hi there to any old-timers who might still be hanging around this place!)

The Hallenstadion is on the north side of the city. Assuming you'll be staying somewhere in the center of town, the best way to get to the arena would be with either the #11 tram to Messe/Hallenstadion, or the #10 or #14 tram to Sternen Oerlikon, which is just a couple of blocks away. All of those trams make stops at or very near the main train station; the tourist information booth at the train station should have maps of the tram system available for free.

I'm afraid I can't help you out with any restaurant recommendations (I tend to eat at home, as dining out in this city is incredibly expensive), but if you're looking for bars, the 4th and 5th districts are your best bet. Take a walk along Langstrasse, which runs perpendicular to the train tracks leading to the main station, and you're sure to find something that suits your fancy.

Hope you enjoy the concert and your trip!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you so much! Best way for us to go there is #11 tram, but I am afraid it will be crazily crowded for the return, and I don't want to be there waiting for an hour. What do you think?
Are you going to the concert? Thanks again.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanobbi View Post
Thank you so much! Best way for us to go there is #11 tram, but I am afraid it will be crazily crowded for the return, and I don't want to be there waiting for an hour. What do you think?
Are you going to the concert? Thanks again.
Yes, the trams will be probably be quite crowded. I'm not sure whether or not the city will be running more of them because of the concert. But if you walk the couple of blocks to Sternen Oerlikon after the concert (just one stop away from Messe/Hallenstadion), you'll have the #10, #11 and #14 trams all going into the city. There should be enough of them that you won't have to wait too long.

I'll be passing on the concert -- a bit too expensive for me, especially with only three or four "new" songs (read: songs that they haven't played in the same arrangement at every concert they've done for the past 15 years) that would really interest me. Hope you have a great time, though, both at the concert and in the city!