User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
If they would share the same mic for Angel, a la Tusk, I would gladly have them sacrifice Sara. Interaction is always a good thing. I hate it when they don't acknowledge they are on stage together. It looks ridiculous.
they've been interacting nicely so far. warm and friendly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they've been interacting nicely so far. warm and friendly.
Oh, I know!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
is it?
Yes.

Actually though, I don't think Stevie is overly attached to the song live. The problem is, if she stopped doing it, I highly doubt that she would place a "new" song like Angel in its stead. If she cut Sara, then we'd just lose Sara and probably wouldn't get anything good to replace it. So, I am not wishing for them to cut anything.

Michele
Old 04-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes.

Actually though, I don't think Stevie is overly attached to the song live. The problem is, if she stopped doing it, I highly doubt that she would place a "new" song like Angel in its stead. If she cut Sara, then we'd just lose Sara and probably wouldn't get anything good to replace it. So, I am not wishing for them to cut anything.

Michele
no cutting, replacing. since we know they won't just add...

and however much i don't like Say Goodbye, it is fittingly closing the arc of the story they choose to tell on this tour - from Landslide through Without You to Say Goodbye. so it has to stay, otherwise WATL could be a nice ballad-y closer too

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no cutting, replacing. since we know they won't just add...
If Stevie made a replacement, it would probably be switching in Soldier's Angel for something. That's the only thing I could see from her. Lindsey is more flexible.

Quote:
and however much i don't like Say Goodbye, it is fittingly closing the arc of the story they choose to tell on this tour so it has to stay, otherwise WATL could be a nice ballad-y closer too
So, do you stand at the foot of the stage softly singing the words to Say Goodbye with them, your eyes slightly misted over? That has got to be a sight!

Well, you know Lindsey. If this tour had a second leg, I wouldn't put WATL out of the running, after a break.

Michele
Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, do you stand at the foot of the stage softly singing the words to Say Goodbye with them, your eyes slightly misted over? That has got to be a sight!
lol. you know me better than that Michele!

but i do think it sounds good actually, guitar work and singing, once i get over the fact that it's that song [which has that sound/melody i don't like].

Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
glad you decided to go!
Everyone around had bets that I was going anyway and I am going I don't vacation much and have the cash to do it.It doesn't matter where I sit as long as I am there usually there is cool people around at every show.Us Fleetwood Mac fans are the best have to say always cool people at the shows the ones I have gone to.I hope I can get a ticket tommorow or monday and will be excited about going to see them on the 4/20 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville,Connecticut. Maybe gamble a few bucks too.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got back from the show. My third this week. No cutting Sara. It is amazing. This is the best they sounded. They are having so much fun. The one replacement is to swap out Not That Funny for Bleed to Love Her. They might have a perfect show. It was amazing.

And by the way - MSG not so great. The sound is ****ty there. Anyone who thinks that is the best concert venue is about as smart as Rolling Stone. DC and Chicago far better sound. Amazing week.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re

Exactly right about NTF. Stops the show dead in its tracks. Besides that, perfect!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Just got back from the show. My third this week. No cutting Sara. It is amazing. This is the best they sounded. They are having so much fun. The one replacement is to swap out Not That Funny for Bleed to Love Her. They might have a perfect show. It was amazing.

And by the way - MSG not so great. The sound is ****ty there. Anyone who thinks that is the best concert venue is about as smart as Rolling Stone. DC and Chicago far better sound. Amazing week.
lol - we have exact opposite opinion - Sara is a drag and slows down the show way too much (even though sounds better than i expected which doesn't say that much for it). Not That Funny is a badass coolness weirdest punkish song the way they do it now and says "we are full of energy and not some old farts and we've been that since Tusk", it has to stay!

Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

plus wasn't everybody here crying how the set is same old and stale? but you want to keep Sara that was done on the last tour, and throw out the one song that, besides Sad Angel and Without You, actually completely turns around the setlist from what it was in 2009????? Not That Funny adds that alternative coolness to the set and single-handedly changes the set to the energetic new show!

#justsayin'

Old 04-14-2013, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Photos & Video

Let's see...from Mick's M&G, I asked him about Christine recording with them and he shot it down because "she'd have to tour." Thanks for being a dreamkiller Mick! He did threaten her with physical violence if she doesn't play at one of the London O2 shows, so you Brits are a lucky bunch!

The show was great as usual, much tighter than when I saw them in Columbus last week.

Anywho pictures here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...90759340229681

Landslide video:

http://youtu.be/vNx2v5Zuls4
Old 04-14-2013, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So so happy after tonight's show. I'll post a full recap tm, Sara has escalated into a thing haha and the energy overall was palthable. The magic lives on..
Old 04-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, given the pace, Angel might be a nice fit for the Tusk block, but it's not like Angel and Sara are interchangeable. Angel is beloved among focused fans and Sara is a national treasure.

Michele
Hmm. Sara is an INTERnational treasure. Tusk and Sara are Fleetwood Macs Culthits. Not like the rumours and white album hits.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Let's see...from Mick's M&G, I asked him about Christine recording with them and he shot it down because "she'd have to tour." Thanks for being a dreamkiller Mick! He did threaten her with physical violence if she doesn't play at one of the London O2 shows, so you Brits are a lucky bunch!

The show was great as usual, much tighter than when I saw them in Columbus last week.

Anywho pictures here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11640...90759340229681

Landslide video:

http://youtu.be/vNx2v5Zuls4
Wow GREAT pictures!

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/