User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right. she also never pulled that "me or him" ultimatum. and she was not a college dropout but was working towards her "masters." and other revisionist history / alternative facts that were getting laid on slowly over decades but are now getting to be exponentially rampant with every Nicks statement.

you know what i don't get? the woman is obviously not doing well, having a bad flu and who knows what else as they needed to cancel all these dates. yet her fans on these boards make up complaint threads about other posters while nobody made a thread to wish her well. if you care about the woman, or if you are just a normal human, i would think you'd want her to live and be healthy. i hope she's actually getting better and wish all the health to Stevie.
Right??? I don’t get the chiffonheads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Her fans take on her qualities. So it shouldn't surprise you. Selfishness is a learned behavior. (mostly)
So true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I guess it's not surprising that Stevie said "MY band is still together." The current iteration of Fleetwood Mac is the one SHE created - the one sans Lindsey Buckingham that Mick Fleetwood, its leader in name only, has meekly allowed her to establish and dominate. It is indeed HER band, and it is "still together" after a whole year!
Exactly what I thought when she said “my band!” The band $he created.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I guess it's not surprising that Stevie said "MY band is still together." The current iteration of Fleetwood Mac is the one SHE created - the one sans Lindsey Buckingham that Mick Fleetwood, its leader in name only, has meekly allowed her to establish and dominate. It is indeed HER band, and it is "still together" after a whole year!
It makes me think about what she did back during the Tusk years. She and Mick (while it makes for a great story of rock and roll) It's a huge violation to be in love with someone, break up and then sleep with someone both parties know... And then hide it.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

you know what i don't get? the woman is obviously not doing well, having a bad flu and who knows what else as they needed to cancel all these dates. yet her fans on these boards make up complaint threads about other posters while nobody made a thread to wish her well. if you care about the woman, or if you are just a normal human, i would think you'd want her to live and be healthy. i hope she's actually getting better and wish all the health to Stevie.
Please. They may not do it here, but believe me they are wishing her well. Once I was in some kind of Stevie circle group. I mean, I didn’t seek it out, but when I came back here in 2007, someone invited me into it. So, they circulated this e-card for people to sign for Stevie’s birthday and I just quietly ignored it. But the head of the circle kept reminding me that the deadline was coming. Finally, I said I didn’t Want to sign it and she practically had a nervous breakdown. I am not exaggerating. And she went around telling people that I “wouldn’t even sign Stevie’s birthday card.”

And back then, it didn’t have to do with Stevie. I loved Stevie then. I just think it’s stupid to wish celebrities a Happy Birthday. I don’t wish Lindsey Happy Birthday. The only one I wished happy birthday is Bob Welch and that was only because he was here on the board. And he promptly told me that it wasn’t his birthday. He said that the birthday that is listed for him is the wrong one because he lied about his birthday in an interview. Why I do not know. But that kind of solidified for me the fact that you should not say happy birthday to celebrities.

Anyway, don’t worry. Stevie’s fans wish her a speedy recovery. They have probably been sending her blood donations, just in case she needs them.

Michele
Old 04-13-2019, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It makes me think about what she did back during the Tusk years. She and Mick (while it makes for a great story of rock and roll) It's a huge violation to be in love with someone, break up and then sleep with someone both parties know... And then hide it.
But everyone said they didn’t really hide it and that it was immediately obvious. So, I don’t think they went behind Lindsey’s back. They were probably having sex right under his nose.

It reminds me of when Stevie said that Lindsey got so jealous because Don Henley sent her flowers. Lindsey says he doesn’t remember anything like that. Stevie would have you think that she tried to conceal the flowers from Lindsey but the reality is she probably took the thorns and personally pushed them into his side. Then, wrote a song about it.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

It reminds me of when Stevie said that Lindsey got so jealous because Don Henley sent her flowers. Lindsey says he doesn’t remember anything like that. Stevie would have you think that she tried to conceal the flowers from Lindsey but the reality is she probably took the thorns and personally pushed them into his side. Then, wrote a song about it.
$he wrote words. Over a F chord. Not sure that qualifies as a song. Maybe poetry?

I'm certain $he pushed the thorns into him. $he's an evil, bitter woman.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if you think about it, maybe she was taking a dig at Lindsey's fans, that are saying all the time that this incarnation of FM won't last because creativity was gone the day she fired Lindsey.
Maybe she was trying to send a message to us: "see, we could make it this far without Lindsey".
Too bad flu ruined her beautiful project.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway, don’t worry. Stevie’s fans wish her a speedy recovery. They have probably been sending her blood donations, just in case she needs them.

Michele
I read some teen fans on Twitter offering their organs or their family's lives in exchange for Stevie's recovery. Very cult-like. I love Lindsey but my family goes first. Very twisted minds indeed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I read some teen fans on Twitter offering their organs or their family's lives in exchange for Stevie's recovery. Very cult-like. I love Lindsey but my family goes first. Very twisted minds indeed.
I can think of a few things I'd like to offer her.

But if I sent her some of those things, I'm certain I'd be violating some federal postal laws.

Anyone ever seen Pink Flamingos, where these people send Divine a dog turd in the mail?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he wrote words. Over a F chord. Not sure that qualifies as a song. Maybe poetry?
A poet indeed. I don’t deny the greatness of Sable on Blond.

Lindsey says even when he met her at the Christian Youth function, she gave him her songs and already considered herself a poet. Since he knew that at 16 he was forewarned about the “you” and “he” in Thrown Down decades prior.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they want to donate their liver to the old bat it's on them

Old 04-15-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
But everyone said they didn’t really hide it and that it was immediately obvious. So, I don’t think they went behind Lindsey’s back. They were probably having sex right under his nose.

And as you know, I have a whole another point of view of that whole debacle.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My tweet when the show was originally canceled due to illness was “If it’s Stevie or Chris who are sick, I hope they know they’re welcome to all my organs. If it’s Mick, he’s on his own.” If you don’t understand that I’m joking around, I feel very sad for you. Can’t even imagine how much your life must suck without any sense of humor. My condolences.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
My tweet when the show was originally canceled due to illness was “If it’s Stevie or Chris who are sick, I hope they know they’re welcome to all my organs. If it’s Mick, he’s on his own.” If you don’t understand that I’m joking around, I feel very sad for you. Can’t even imagine how much your life must suck without any sense of humor. My condolences.
Was I talking about you? I don't think so. I don't even know who you are on Twitter, and I certainly don't care now.

You don't know me, we're not friends, you don't know anything about my life, so don't feel sorry or sad for me. Mind your own business, please. Go and dance with Stevie for all eternity if you like. I don't care.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Was I talking about you? I don't think so. I don't even know who you are on Twitter, and I certainly don't care now.

You don't know me, we're not friends, you don't know anything about my life, so don't feel sorry or sad for me. Mind your own business, please. Go and dance with Stevie for all eternity if you like. I don't care.
Funny thing is, $he would take someone's organs to save herself. So $he can make more $$ and feel important. That's much better than being a stand up human being.
Old 04-27-2019, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Funny thing is, $he would take someone's organs to save herself. So $he can make more $$ and feel important. That's much better than being a stand up human being.
For several years, $he was more of a lay down human being.