The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

In the context of this post's original topic, "who has given up," and expanding that a bit to, well, the band itself, I found this write-up about Aerosmith's Vegas residency to be pretty interesting. I am no fan of theirs and agree with the Vulture writer who put them near the bottom of the Hall's 200+ inductees, but nevertheless, stuff like this is nice to hear:

Quote:
Tyler, guitarists Joe Perry and Brad Whitford, bassist Tom Hamilton and drummer Joey Kramer took pains to remind people that they’ve been at this, with a couple of breaks for fights and rehab, for close to 50 years.

“What the f— are you sitting down for?” Tyler said early in the show, shaming an audience member in the front who had the audacity to… sit. “Get the f— up. This is Vegas.”

Making the most of a stellar THX-certified L-ISA sound system within the Park Theater at the Park MGM, the band tore through their back catalogue with little-to-no pandering to any casual fans in attendance.

Aerosmith still rocks, hard, not in spite of their five decades but because of them. They’re tougher and scrappier than they used to be, the way Hugh Jackman is sharper as old Wolverine in “Logan” than he was as fresh face in the first “X-Men.” They’re at a point where they have nothing to prove, and could easily rely on a slew of backup musicians to carry them through their just-short-of-two-hour show. They act like they don’t give a damn anymore, but play like they do.
Glad someone is still taking this stuff seriously. Even if it's Aerosmith!
Old 04-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
In the context of this post's original topic, "who has given up," and expanding that a bit to, well, the band itself, I found this write-up about Aerosmith's Vegas residency to be pretty interesting. I am no fan of theirs and agree with the Vulture writer who put them near the bottom of the Hall's 200+ inductees, but nevertheless, stuff like this is nice to hear:

Glad someone is still taking this stuff seriously. Even if it's Aerosmith!
Jeets

I appreciate your comment , and understand

My reason for this thread was that i had been away from life and music for a long while , and Fleetwood Mac brought me back in 2009 ... for that I'm thankful but the disappointment of all this bullshjit is so childish , we are all after all 70 + or almost years old , and FM are acting like children

i expected more from them

guess we are all human , ,but thats still no excuse for how they treated Lindsey
Old 04-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I'm sorry you suffered through that. I didn't expect to read anything like that in response to my post. At first I thought about not responding cause I don't know what to say but that didn't feel right. All I can say is I'm so sorry bad things happened to you. Sincerely. Hugs to you.

As for LB--- I'll cont to support him whole heartedly!
Really, thank you so much for the kind words. Support from others are what is getting me through this, with also the help of a professional.

I know that it's hard to write back to things like that. So, thank you for having the courage to do so. I'd give you a hug back if I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for sharing, fleetwoodguy79. The power of music should never be underestimated. You will get through this.

If it's not too personal, I would love to know some of the songs that helped you during that difficult time.
Indeed. Music has changed my life for the better and I know that I'm not alone (or wrong...).

Not too personal of an ask --

The two albums that spoke to me most were "Tusk" and "Out of the Cradle". Any song that felt like healing of pain was like a warm blanket for me. I would listen to those CDs with my headphones on in bed all through the night sometimes just to try and sleep and shut off my brain. It felt like my body was the cause (even though I was 10) and as someone that young, it's terrifying to think that something is wrong with you that you can't fix and can't talk to anyone about.

On "Tusk", the songs that most helped were, "Storms", "Brown Eyes", "Honey, Hi", "Beautiful Child", and "Walk a Thin Line".

When I found Out of the Cradle, there were so many songs that helped me though it was very uncool at that time (mid-late 90s) as a kid to enjoy that kind of music. Remember, grunge was still in and hard-edge music was the thing to listen to.

"Surrender the Rain" and "Street of Dreams" were amazing songs for me. "Turn it On" also had something behind the words and melodies that helped me face the day -- I remember listening to it on repeat after a bad night on the bus the next morning.

I'll lastly share... I went to one of Lindsey's solo shows last year with my wife. I was not prepared for it.

When Lindsey started playing "Surrender the Rain", I lost it in the middle of the theater. Completely lost it. I couldn't move. Sobbing uncontrollably. It was so moving. All of those memories flooded back to me at once -- the positive ones -- about how much I had to cling to that song to live. It was a warm blanket in that moment again, too. My wife is an amazing human being for putting up with me like that.

That's the power of music. Thanks for listening, I really appreciate the support; and that's also why I'm "done".
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The crackhead dance is actually going to be a duet now....combo with the blasted drum solo
a co-worker of mine said that the drum solo was his favorite part of the concert. I was like... wtf?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
a co-worker of mine said that the drum solo was his favorite part of the concert. I was like... wtf?
I don’t care what incarnation of this band you see in concert, if you walk away from a show and the Drum Solo is the highlight for you, someone, somewhere, failed.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Wow. That’s all Mick needs to hear. It will be a 90 minute drum solo, the crackhead dance and a tribute to TP
Old 04-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Wow. That’s all Mick needs to hear. It will be a 90 minute drum solo, the crackhead dance and a tribute to TP
Don't forget the vest with all the sound effects.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:31 AM
secondhandchain
This message has been deleted by secondhandchain.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Don't forget the vest with all the sound effects.
The crotch grab and ensuing sound effect was the last straw for me.