Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Green shadows?

Does anybody know anything further about this item I found at Amazon.com? :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

It has a September 10 release date but that's a Wednesday (not Monday like UK releases and not Tuesday like US releases)?

Anything further on this would be great as if these "rare tracks (etc.)" are ACTUALLY RARE than I want to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance for any news on this.

John
Old 09-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation UPDATE

Just found this:

http://www.unionsquaremusic.co.uk/ti...371&LABEL_ID=3

...so I'm guessing this is stuff that has been released (Marquee, etc.) though I am interested in this "Long grey mare" apparently "being cut with John McVie (instead of Brunning)" though they could be hiding the fact that it may be from something like, say, "Live at the BBC" (in which case this LGM has been released already).

So if anyone finds out anything else then please do post about which versions are what on this one (so I'll know whether to buy or not).

Thanks in advance again.

John
Old 09-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The live "Looking For Somebody" seems interesting...oh, wait...never mind, I see it is the version from the Live At The Marquee 1967 disc.
Old 09-08-2003, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Green Shadows set list

Of course, without at least seeing the running times, or preferably hearing the tracks, I can't say for certain, but I strongly doubt that any of these tracks are previously unreleased.
The single version of "Man of the World" was released on the "Jumping at Shadows" compilation -"Long Grey Mare" with John McVie on bass is probably the second BBC recording of the song from April 16th 1968 - found on "JAS" and "Show-Biz Blues" (the first version, also with McVie, from 1967 is on the "Live at the BBC" collection)
The rest are almost certainly also from the "Vaudeville Years", or the "JAS" and "SBB" collections mentioned previously.
"Black Magic Woman" and "Jumping At Shadows" are most likely the two Boston Tea Party tracks that turned up on those collections and the Snapper reissue of "Original Fleetwood Mac" as bonus tracks
The only ringer in the group is "No Place To Go" - I've never seen that track listed for any of their BBC shows, and it wasn't one they did often in concert - seeing that this was from the first album and it's doubtful that it turned up after the release of the "Complete Sessions" box set and if it did, Mike Vernon wouldn't license it out anyway.
They don't identify it as being from the "Live At the Marquee" but I would lay even money that's where it's from.
It's an interesting collection, but more than likely nothing not "new".

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder