Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well-written piece. It's so freaking sad how many long-term fans have had their hearts broken by this. Fleetwood Mac's legacy has been tainted.... Stevie's legacy has been downright soiled. Such a shame.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Get ready for what? Their tour is about to gross $100 million.
Love how it's all about the money for you. Of course the tour did well. MOST people don't even know LB was fired. Us rabid fans do but how many people catch CBS in the am? Like I said I know more then a few people who bought tickets and were annoyed that he wasn't there. They've got Stevie out front and the FM name, so it's going to do well. But that's not the point!!!! How you are supporting what they did is BEYOND ME.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This article is composed so thoughtfully and stated so eloquently. It sums up perfectly, absolutely perfectly, how I feel as well.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Love how it's all about the money for you.
Newsflash: That’s all it’s been about for THEM. LBCM? Can’t upset the apple cart.

Quote:
Of course the tour did well. MOST people don't even know LB was fired.
There may have been a few anecdotal instances of that, but enough people had their cell phones waiving during DDIO to tell me that’s BS. People either knew and didn’t care or didn’t know and didn’t care. Or, people were totally fine with it.

Quote:
How you are supporting what they did is BEYOND ME.
Easy. It’s Mick, John, and Christine with a legendary guitarist and a critically acclaimed musician.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So now, when something happens to anyone in Fleetwood Mac, it will be karma. As opposed to, say, life. Especially to folks their age. Well, I didn't believe it was karma when John had cancer or when Lindsey had emergency heart surgery, and I won't believe it's karma when something else happens to another member of FM.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
So now, when something happens to anyone in Fleetwood Mac, it will be karma. As opposed to, say, life. Especially to folks their age. Well, I didn't believe it was karma when John had cancer or when Lindsey had emergency heart surgery, and I won't believe it's karma when something else happens to another member of FM.
no it wasn't karma. it was stress. it was betrayal & hate received from his friends and family of 50 years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2019, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no it wasn't karma. it was stress. it was betrayal & hate received from his friends and family of 50 years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or heredity, or genetics, or stress from a tour. Touring is stressful, even if it's something you love doing. Kind of like riding a roller coaster- you may love it, but it can wreak havoc with your body. Fortunately, a roller coaster is only a few minutes long.

While I have no doubt being fired was stressful for Lindsey, the fact is, genetics and family history play a large part in health, too. Please tell me you agree with that. Unfortunately, Lindsey might have had to have surgery whether he had been fired or not. I really think some folks here would blame FM for Lindsey's emergency surgery even if he hadn't been fired- if he had gone on tour with FM, he would have been stressed because of the way they treated him, or because they wouldn't let him perform solo on dates FM wasn't playing, etc. Lindsey had a medical emergency that, unfortunately, a lot of people have. To me, he was the picture of good health, but that's the thing with the heart- it truly is a silent killer. You can feel fine and then wham! Blaming someone else for a medical condition is... well, a lot of words come to mind, but none I want to use, so I'll just leave it at that.

Billy Burnette had a similar experience- shortly after it was announced Lindsey had been fired and replaced by Neil and Mike, he had emergency heart surgery. Very sad, and thank God, like Lindsey, he's recovering.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

ah yes. we are at the rinse-lather-repeat stage, as usual. because why discuss the topic of the thread when you can distract from it instead?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

https://www.medicinenet.com/stress_a...ryone_the_same

How Does Stress Increase the Risk for Heart Disease?

Medical researchers aren't sure exactly how stress increases the risk of heart disease. Stress itself might be a risk factor, or it could be that high levels of stress make other risk factors (such as high cholesterol or high blood pressure) worse. For example, if you are under stress, your blood pressure goes up, you may overeat, you may exercise less, and you may be more likely to smoke.

If stress itself is a risk factor for heart disease, it could be because chronic stress exposes your body to unhealthy, persistently elevated levels of stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol. Studies also link stress to changes in the way blood clots, which increases the risk of heart attack.

I'm sure Lindsey was smiling and happy since he was fired....

No matter how much they want to mask it: what his former bandmates did to him affected his health.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Billy Burnette had a similar experience- shortly after it was announced Lindsey had been fired and replaced by Neil and Mike, he had emergency heart surgery. Very sad, and thank God, like Lindsey, he's recovering.
Perhaps the stress of FM passing him over contributed to Burnette's issue too, and perhaps the band should be evaluating the medical condition of potential hirings and firings before making such moves.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Perhaps the stress of FM passing him over contributed to Burnette's issue too, and perhaps the band should be evaluating the medical condition of potential hirings and firings before making such moves.
Or just retire the dinosaurs(all of them).
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Could be. But no agency or organization should hire somebody so they won't be stressed out, nor should they not fire somebody so they won't be stressed. Using your logic, would it have been ok for FM to fire Lindsey because a physical showed he had heart issues? Of course not, but you brought it up, so do you think that should be the case? A lot of people get fired and don't have emergency heart surgery... even in rock bands. Lindsey must be the exception. I could swear somebody said his father and brother died from some sort of heart issue. But some people (oh, why not just say names- you and elle) say that's just a coincidence and has nothing to do with what happened to Lindsey. It was all because FM fired him. Maybe Lindsey can sue FM again for causing him to have surgery. He wouldn't have a case, because no judge or jury would discount his family history and blame it solely on stress. Well, maybe the 5 people on this board who won't acknowledge the role heredity plays in heart disease or attacks... or at least in Lindsey's case.

It's funny that some people think heredity doesn't play any role in what happened to Lindsey. In others news, some people say the world is flat...
Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny that some people think heredity doesn't play any role in what happened to Lindsey. In others news, some people say the world is flat...
Same way some people think stress didn't play any role in what happened. He's 70 years old. He has been carrying his heritage for that long and yet..... was it coincidence that his heritage took a prominent role when he was fired?

In other news, a singer who never played any musical instrument in her entire life will be inducted to the RRHOF.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Or just retire the dinosaurs(all of them).
They're truly dinosaurs. Some people here think they're the greatest rock band of all time because they're ready to gross $100 million. I wouldn't expect less if you're bringing Campbell and Finn.

KISS is ready to gross $200 million.
If you think about it $100 million is lame.