User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
I'll want to see what happens on those Finn forums when Neil Finn amputates one fifth of himself and kicks it to the curb with no plausible explanation.
Actually Crowded House has had its share of losses over the years (Paul Hester's tragic death and Tim Finn abruptly quitting the band) and somehow the band has weathered on as strong as ever.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Actually Crowded House has had its share of losses over the years (Paul Hester's tragic death and Tim Finn abruptly quitting the band) and somehow the band has weathered on as strong as ever.
WHO TF are you talking about? Mick, this is a FM forum. I would hope that Crowded House has some sort of interwebs chat device?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, mouse, to me personally, and I feel, many more here, there is a vast distinction between being FIRED ( with no plausible reason given) and someone perishing or quitting a band, which would leave a fan likely with more sympathetic notions for the remainder of the band, those latter two. The first one however, does NOT, for most fans

There, once again, lies the difference.
And the argument of scheduling holds NO water, considering Stevie of all people has for years made herself scarcely available without visible (to us fans) repercussion.

Truly, there lies the rub, hence so many of us siding with the sudden new underdog.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Again, mouse, to me personally, and I feel, many more here, there is a vast distinction between being FIRED ( with no plausible reason given) and someone perishing or quitting a band, which would leave a fan likely with more sympathetic notions for the remainder of the band, those latter two. The first one however, does NOT, for most fans

There, once again, lies the difference.
And the argument of scheduling holds NO water, considering Stevie of all people has for years made herself scarcely available without visible (to us fans) repercussion.

Truly, there lies the rub, hence so many of us siding with the sudden new underdog.
You may not like the reason, but the band had a reason to fire him. Lindsey agreed to a tour and the tour was scheduled and then Lindsey decided to delay the tour for a year. You may not like that but that appears to be what happened. As far as I know, Stevie never agreed to a tour and then backed out at the last minute.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

?????
They're worse than Fleetwood Mac. They've released 2 albums in the last 25 years and have barely existed as band
As strong as ever?????

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
?????
They're worse than Fleetwood Mac. They've released 2 albums in the last 25 years and have barely existed as band
As strong as ever?????
Since the band reunited, Crowded House has released two studio albums in the last decade. But don't get me going on this as I'd love to see Neil be more active with Crowded House. He just doesn't have the time with all his other projects.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Since the band reunited, Crowded House has released two studio albums in the last decade. But don't get me going on this as I'd love to see Neil be more active with Crowded House. He just doesn't have the time with all his other projects.
I know I'm splitting hairs but its one album in the last decade and nothing for eight years.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood