User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2018, 03:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Hmmm, well that's the official line you'll read on the liner notes, but...
Oh, so this piqued my interest. From my reading, Christine has been very reluctant to say much about the demise of that relationship, but was that part of it? Him latching onto her songwriting and taking credit? I feel like I saw that somewhere or it was implied from remarks she's made? Any info on this -- greatly appreciated!
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Oh, so this piqued my interest. From my reading, Christine has been very reluctant to say much about the demise of that relationship, but was that part of it? Him latching onto her songwriting and taking credit? I feel like I saw that somewhere or it was implied from remarks she's made? Any info on this -- greatly appreciated!
IIRC, in either a thread about the Buck/Vie album or the Tango Deluxe Edition, there is a link to an interview with Christine where she really downplayed Eddy's part in cowriting her songs. I found that interesting because, to me, songs like Save Me, Little Lies, and Isn't It Midnight really do seem lyrically different from her previous songs. They seem, I'm not sure what the word is, maybe stronger or less peppy. They have more depth, I feel, than You Make Loving Fun or Love in Store. Having said that, Carnival Begin certainly has a depth her earlier songs lacked, so maybe Eddy was more of an inspiration to her than an actual cowriter. Anyway, sorry I can't direct you to the specific interview where she spoke about it, but I'm certain it was a link on this message board.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post

As you say, she hasn't said much about the divorce. In fact, there isn't a great deal known about their marriage in general. Eddy was a musician and songwriter before he met Christine, but obviously he didn't do anything of note. It doesn't seem as if he's done anything of note after the divorce either. As bwboy says, I do remember a recent (ish) interview in which she made some sort of dismissive comment. I think an interviewer mentioned her songwriting partnership with her ex-husband and she said something like 'The less said about that the better' (or something along those lines).
The only difference in her Eddy-era songs is she leaned even more on the hook of the songs. This led to some big hits but in some cases to the detriment of the overall emotional feeling of the songs. I cant imagine Eddy had that much of an input her music. Christine doesn't really need to write with anyone else but I think she feels the need to have somebody else as a crutch for reassurance.

I cant remember what the interview was in which she made a brief comment- was it one of the ones on BBC Radio 2 with Ken Bruce?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-24-2018, 02:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks to you both!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie:
1. Gypsy
2. Thrown Down
3. Rooms On Fire
4. Fireflies