User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Of course, I hope this is for real. But I'm not getting excited yet. I've never heard of "Pause and Play." A reputable source? And the listing says "Title TBA" and "Label TBA." Sounds tentative at best. We've all been disappointed by 'rumours' before ... so let's just wait and see. (But Chris herself said: I'll be coming home again ... just you wait and see.)

I hope to see some confirmation of this from other sources soon!
I'm with you on this one - especially after the number of sites that listed (and some still do) a forthcoming album called "When Will I See You Again" as the Best Of Billy Thorpe when it was actually The Three Degrees!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So do we think that any "new" album or re-working or whatever it is will be released in March time?

About the time of the FM tour

Gail
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
So do we think that any "new" album or re-working or whatever it is will be released in March time?

About the time of the FM tour

Gail
Yes, about the time of the Rumours (30th) reissue. There is a method to this madness.

Michele
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ummm...I thought Tusk was going to be 30 and Rumours 32...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Why didn´t she join to Fleetwood mac for a recording new album? They planed it after the tour next yera, aren´t they? I know that Christine don´t want to tour again, but if FM make a new album and Christine also, but alone... it would be great if they worked together in studio... it was in 1987 last time...
Maybe perhaps she doesn't want to deal with them? Too much of a hassle, I would think.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Ummm...I thought Tusk was going to be 30 and Rumours 32...
Quite frankly, they haven't reissued Tusk quite enough for me, just yet. But we can hold out hope that the DVD that goes with the CD contains some great stuff and might even have some new commentary or something from Christine. After all, Mick has seen her recently. It's easy to tote a camera and microphone to England with you.

Michele
Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Quite frankly, they haven't reissued Tusk quite enough for me, just yet. But we can hold out hope that the DVD that goes with the CD contains some great stuff and might even have some new commentary or something from Christine. After all, Mick has seen her recently. It's easy to tote a camera and microphone to England with you.

Michele
I would seriously love some Mirage or Tango Documentary footage...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Maybe perhaps she doesn't want to deal with them? Too much of a hassle, I would think.
Maybe you guys should consider the possibility that Lindsey IS right and that she HAS "burnt her bridges", and does not want to be involved in FM-whatsoever? And that that is her concious choice?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Maybe you guys should consider the possibility that Lindsey IS right and that she HAS "burnt her bridges", and does not want to be involved in FM-whatsoever? And that that is her concious choice?
What? Why does Lindsey have to be consulted to come to this conclusion? Chris herself has made her intentions plain in regard to the Mac, and she's clearly not interested. Or at least that was true the last time she made any public statements, which is a while now. When is the most recent Christine interview out there?
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When is the most recent Christine interview out there?
That would be the round of interviews that she did here in the U.S. just after ITM was released. One of those would be that VH1 Classic interview that I recently posted to YouTube. That World Cafe interview was another one.

In a number of those interviews, she sounded like she wanted nothing more to do with Fleetwood Mac, especially any sort of tour. The Dance was it for her and that turned out to be the end of the classic Fleetwood Mac.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew MacFan would answer that question. Thanks, M.!

Wouldn't a current interview with Chris ... just a low-key, catch-up, how are the dogs, is the piano in tune, sort of interview be nice?
Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you're right.

She can do things at her own pace now and not have to refer to other band members.

She's happily (semi) retired

Gail
Old 12-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, I hope this is for real. But I'm not getting excited yet. I've never heard of "Pause and Play." A reputable source? And the listing says "Title TBA" and "Label TBA." Sounds tentative at best. We've all been disappointed by 'rumours' before ... so let's just wait and see. (But Chris herself said: I'll be coming home again ... just you wait and see.)

I hope to see some confirmation of this from other sources soon!
I love pause and play and they are usually dead on. I've looked to them for a lot of upcoming releases and they usually have the right information. Sometimes they aren't up to date on some information, but then again. If they have it listed it probably is true and we'll hopefully get the album by spring if not summer.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really don't think this comment is very helpful at all. We all are quite clear on Christine's status regarding the band. She made it clear herself a number of times that she is done with it, not coming back, etc. Lindsey does not need to enter into the equation.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
I love pause and play and they are usually dead on. I've looked to them for a lot of upcoming releases and they usually have the right information. Sometimes they aren't up to date on some information, but then again. If they have it listed it probably is true and we'll hopefully get the album by spring if not summer.
I think you're right. This website had listed the same info for ITM. They weren't right about the release date. But they were right that the album was coming.

I'll be very surprised if this hopefully new Christine album comes in the Spring. But, I believe something is coming, eventually. Christine is up to something.

Last edited by macfan 57; 12-06-2008 at 07:47 AM..