User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I don't eat meat at Subway, so your point is moot.

When I buy meat, and it's very rarely, I buy it from Trader Joes or Whole Foods. No hormones or any of that ****.
Well, I remember you saying you ate their chicken wraps

If you did not say that and you have never eaten one - then I guess I am wrong about that.

BUT, the fact that you support a chain that uses that kind of meat is still dispositive to the point that you claim to abhor businesses like KFC for their hormonal treatment of of chickens and yet you support Subway which uses the same kind of meat

Old 01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, I remember you saying you ate their chicken wraps

If you did not say that and you have never eaten one - then I guess I am wriong about that.

BUT, the fact that you support a chain that uses that kind of meat is still dispositive to the point that you claim to abhor businesses like KFC for their hormonal treatment of of chickens and Subway uses the same kind of meat

I have eaten them before, but I no longer do.

And I think you need to brush up on the standards of some of these businesses. KFC is a Yum! company and they do not own Subway. Subway instituted gassing four years ago.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AND ANOTHER THING

I am sure that Gen Tso's chicken is free range and hormone free Actually, I often wonder if it really is chicken at all
Old 01-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have eaten them before, but I no longer do.

And I think you need to brush up on the standards of some of these businesses. KFC is a Yum! company and they do not own Subway. Subway instituted gassing four years ago.
so Subway does not put hormones in the animals that produce their meat?

Spin
Old 01-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
AND ANOTHER THING

I am sure that Gen Tso's chicken is free range and hormone free Actually, I often wonder if it really is chicken at all
Oy, I stopped eating that **** months ago. My arteries can't take any more Chinese. Who the hell knows what was in that ****. All I know is that the sauce is fabulous.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oy, I stopped eating that **** months ago. My arteries can't take any more Chinese. Who the hell knows what was in that ****. All I know is that the sauce is fabulous.
You said the other night you were ordering it - remeber I was lamenting my chicken salad But, if you did not have it like two weekends ago, then I am wrong
Old 01-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so Subway does not put hormones in the animals that produce their meat?

Spin
Of course they do, but they don't do it in the extreme manner that Yum! does. PETA investigated their suppliers four years ago and found that they were almost as bad as KFC. They ended up renovating their standards and aren't anywhere near as bad as Yum! companies.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course they do, but they don't do it in the extreme manner that Yum! does. PETA investigated their suppliers four years ago and found that they were almost as bad as KFC. They ended up renovating their standards and aren't anywhere near as bad as Yum! companies.
are you line drawing

Look - I think what KFC does in bad - in fact it is really bad. I just think where the bad line is drawn is subjective I mean Subway allegedly has horrible franchising agreements and is alleged to abuse the govt. SBA loan system
Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You said the other night you were ordering it - remeber I was lamenting my chicken salad But, if you did not have it like two weekends ago, then I am wrong
No, I had crab rangoons. I walked to the Chinese place down the street. I was teasing about the chicken, it's too much for me nowadays.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I had crab rangoons. I walked to the Chinese place down the street. I was teasing about the chicken, it's too much for me nowadays.
I LOVE CRAB RANGOONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I broke down and had the GT Chicken Sun. night. BUT, I ate a small portion and immediately threw the rest away lest I be tempted an hour later
Old 01-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you line drawing

Look - I think what KFC does in bad - in fact it is really bad. I just think where the bad line is drawn is subjective
Yes, and I see a difference between a company that buys from suppliers who kill their livestock in non-violent manners and a company that buys from suppliers who torture their animals. If you don't, fine.

Anyone who eats KFC or buys Yum! products might as well just go out and torture their own chicken. Same goes for IAMS pet food.

I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't somehow support the abuse of animals by some company because we all do. But if I know whats going on, I'm going to stop myself from buying their food or products and I'm going to try to educate and have them get to know their meat. They live and breathe just like us and our pets. You wouldn't throw your dog into a vat of oil while it was alive, don't do it to your food. If you're going to eat it, make sure it didn't suffer. But I get sad and start to cry just by going into pet shops, so what do I know?

Last edited by dissention; 01-25-2005 at 12:02 AM..
Old 01-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, and I see a difference between a company that buys from suppliers who kill their livestock in non-violent manners and a company that buys from suppliers who torture their animals. If you don't, fine.

Anyone who eats KFC or buys Yum! products might as well just go out and torture their own chicken. Same goes for IAMS pet food.
I guess having grown up seeing animals slaughtered and then eating them a few hours later makes me a little immune to alot of things
Old 01-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, that makes what they're doing alright, because other companies do the same? It's always bad and for someone to support it simply because they "like the Colonel" is pretty abhorrent, IMO. Buy chicken from companies that kill their livestock in non-violent manners such as gassing and make your own fried chicken.
I don't give a rats ass how they kill their chickens, as long as they taste good.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-25-2005, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If anyone eats from KFC, I suggest checking out this site:

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/

Every penny that you spend helps to abuse and torture an innocent animal. I doubt any of would like it if it was our dog or our cat.

And if you're interested in helping to put a stop to this sick ****, I can give you some of my contacts at PETA and they'll send you some material.
I looked at that website and it did nothing to change my mind.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-25-2005, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I don't give a rats ass how they kill their chickens, as long as they taste good.
You aren't the one being tortured, so why not, eh?