Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Man Of The World DVD

I just ordered the DVD from Amazon UK as the DVD is shipping. I can not wait to see it. Has anyone gotten it yet? and if so does it spoil it for others if you share your opinions?

vinnie c
Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Ledgie

Message from Amazon in my inbox earlier this week postponed the delivery date to late August
Old 06-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by duracell View Post
Message from Amazon in my inbox earlier this week postponed the delivery date to late August
Me too.

John
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 AM
Ledgie

I got an Email from Amazon/UK - DVD in on the way to me
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Ledgie

anyone know if this will be available for region 1 ntsc?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I got it on Tuesday. I was so pleased to see so many good things in this DVD and so much information. I don't want to go into detail because it would spoil it.
What I would say is Peter looks wonderful. I think most people would be surprised. He has lost a lot of weight, looks tanned and healthy and the thing that made me so happy was that he is FULLY back. Very talkative, funny and went into a lot of detail about the subjects we want to know about.

If you want some mild spoilers then highlight the text below :

These include the days before the band, how he became ill, the "Munich" incident, giving money away (he goes into a lot of depth about this and why he wanted to do it and how. Very interesting), the "Shotgun" incident (which made me laugh with a comment he gave!). He talked very much about his drug experiences, Santana, Greatful Dead. Lots of stuff. What impressed me is he talks in the present, talking about "Mick" and "Danny" like it was yesterday, and describing in detail which guitars were used and how some famous tracks were arranged. He talks about schizoprenia and the voices. His time in an institution and his therapy.

Its also packed full of all the usual clips of the band performing. (28 tracks it says on the case) with Green and others talking about all the major songs and their influence. The lady Peter named "Black Magic Woman" is also interviewed.

Others included are Peters brothers, John Mayall, Noel Gallagher (who actually is in it quite a bit and is very complimentary about Pete. Noel can sometimes come across as abusive but here he is genuinely sincere, something you don't normally get from him on film. He is also VERY FUNNY too). Mike Vernon, Clifford Davis, Martin Celmins, Carlos Santana and of course,

Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Jeremy Spencer. There is some great footage of the three of them sat together chatting about Pete and the old days. Something also of note is that in the extra features Jeremy explains how and why he left Fleetwood Mac in detail which was a major surprise for me. Rick Vito is in the extras but for some reason he got cut from the documentary. Both Peter and Jeremy expand on the stories and rumours and finally we find out the real truth to some of the bands key moments.

For the guitar lovers, Peter goes to his lock up and talks us through his guitar collection and why he only plays single pickup guitars these days (fascinating and I totally see his point).

One final, interesting point, is there is no mention of Splinter Group or the members, only of him performing and his comeback without names mentioned..

The point I really want to get over to those who really have followed Peter is that he is fully back in the real world and enjoying his life to the full these days.

This is an absolute must for any Greeny fan. 10/10

*edit. Just as a note. The main documentary is two hours long so its very in depth. There are also about 30 mins of extras.

Last edited by madformac; 06-30-2007 at 06:32 PM..
Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
I got it on Tuesday. I was so pleased to see so many good things in this DVD and so much information. I don't want to go into detail because it would spoil it.
What I would say is Peter looks wonderful. I think most people would be surprised. He has lost a lot of weight, looks tanned and healthy and the thing that made me so happy was that he is FULLY back. Very talkative, funny and went into a lot of detail about the subjects we want to know about.
well, those MILD spoilers are enough to purchase. Man if that's mild, I'd say there's a lot of opening up on this disc.

thanks, justin.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Ledgie

Just ordered it from Amazon, can´t wait to see this!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I got it on Tuesday. I was so pleased to see so many good things in this DVD and so much information...[...]
Sounds great, I've just ordered it....

/Z
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:10 PM
takenbythesky
This message has been deleted by takenbythesky.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by librax2 View Post
anyone know if this will be available for region 1 ntsc?
My sentiments, as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a worldwide one. Region 0 so its ok for US customers to order from Amazon.co.uk. As long as your DVD players are PAL compatible it should be fine... All PCs with a DVD drive should be ok too.

Steve, this one is a must buy.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is a worldwide one. Region 0 so its ok for US customers to order from Amazon.co.uk. As long as your DVD players are PAL compatible it should be fine... All PCs with a DVD drive should be ok too.

Steve, this one is a must buy.
Really? The Amazon.uk.com site lists it as a Region 2.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Really? The Amazon.uk.com site lists it as a Region 2.
I have the case in front of me here. It says "Region code : 0/PAL

All regions dude.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have the case in front of me here. It says "Region code : 0/PAL

All regions dude.
Thanks for the info, but I'm not sure that does us much good in the US if we have NTSC-compatible DVD players & TVs, since I don't think those will be able to play a PAL disc, even if it's Region 0. Anyone know whether that is correct?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default compatability

I beleive that you will be able to play it on the computer PAL or not. those with DVD players only may not have the ability depending on machine