User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Then she should come out and say that directly instead of purposefully avoiding it and giving fans false hope.

I don't understand why it's so hard for her to just say it if she really doesn't want to be part of FM. It's really not that complex...
How about turning it around a little bit? The band should come out and say that directly instead of purposefully avoiding it and giving fans false hope.

I don't understand why it's so hard for them to just say it if she really doesn't want to be part of FM. It's really not that complex...
Old 12-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
How about turning it around a little bit? The band should come out and say that directly instead of purposefully avoiding it and giving fans false hope.

I don't understand why it's so hard for them to just say it if she really doesn't want to be part of FM. It's really not that complex...
Because she has been the biggest star(even though Lindsey and Christine hold their own). No one wants to go from arenas to theaters, and that might be what happens.

BUT, they have plenty of money(well, except maybe idiot Mick), and as long as they're enjoying whatever incarnation, they should go for it.

But of course they want to go out on top, and that probably requires having the FIVE of them. But she's playing hard(or impossible) to get, so I say kick her ass to the curb.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

What?? Because it's their band and they sincerely want and hope for her to be a part of it?

Why should THEY have to be the ones to say Stevie doesn't want to be on board??? Even with this new interview - she's saying she "thinks they should choose" a "tour over an album" but she still doesn't have the balls to just flatly say she doesn't want to do it.

She wants the rest of the band to be the bad guy. I hope they just put a record out and tour smaller shows without her. If she was truly invested in the band she would want to be an actual practicing *artist* and produce new material - not just keep doing the money grabbing greatest hits shows time after time after time after time after time after time.

But the band should not be responsible for making her uncomfortable announcements for her...

Last edited by pauls90; 12-05-2016 at 03:43 PM..
Old 12-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What?? Because it's their band and they sincerely want and hope for her to be a part of it?

Why should THEY have to be the ones to say Stevie doesn't want to be on board??? Even with this new interview - she's saying she "thinks they should choose" a "tour over an album" but she still doesn't have the balls to just flatly say she doesn't want to do it.

But the band should not be responsible for making her uncomfortable announcements for her...
Balls? How do you know what Stevie has said or not said to the band? We know nothing. But sometimes it seems like we, on The Ledge, become their little avatars. They don't have to fight at all. They can just say, "yeah, what he said."
Old 12-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She wants the rest of the band to be the bad guy. I hope they just put a record out and tour smaller shows without her. If she was truly invested in the band she would want to be an actual practicing *artist* and produce new material - not just keep doing the money grabbing greatest hits shows time after time after time after time after time after time.

Sorry, Paul, but I disagree. The band seems to want her to be the bad guy. Anybody can tell from this interview that Stevie doesn't want to record with them anymore. I think her reasoning is a little faulty- not wanting to make a record because it won't sell like previous albums seems silly to me, but that's her choice. I don't know if the band actually talks to each other or through attorneys or through interviews like this, but they should give her a deadline and if she doesn't show up, then they should go on without her. But I think they're just as much to blame as she is.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This situation reminds me of when LeBron James left the Cavaliers a few years back. Fans were furious and said he had no right to leave Cleveland. Same thing here with Stevie- some fans think she owes them, actually OWES them another FM album! She doesn't, but the two situations are a lot alike. All of a sudden, former fans are badmouthing her, etc, which is hardly an effective way to change someone's mind, while other fans resent Christine and Lindsey for not just going on without her.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I do agree with some on here that she should not hold the rest of the band hostage and just let them go and do without her which they have done with Lindsey and Chris in the past and got away with it without to much damage.Don't forgot that we are dealing with a band that had alot of employment changes with members over almost 50 years.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know if the band actually talks to each other or through attorneys or through interviews like this, but they should give her a deadline and if she doesn't show up, then they should go on without her.

My guess would be they all talk to each other easily, comfortably and relatively regularly...except with Stevie. They'd probably all be a lot more comfortable and happier unit without her.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
My guess would be they all talk to each other easily, comfortably and relatively regularly...except with Stevie. They'd probably all be a lot more comfortable and happier unit without her.
Not so sure, I think Stevie and Mick probably have a very close relationship with regular communication.....perhaps more so than other band members....Lindsey, Stevie and Mick have talked about those two being very close.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Not so sure, I think Stevie and Mick probably have a very close relationship with regular communication.....perhaps more so than other band members....Lindsey, Stevie and Mick have talked about those two being very close.
Mick, yes. The rest, no.
I'd guess she communicated with Mick a fair bit, Christine (since she's been back) a bit but still pretty infrequently, Lindsey and John hardly ever.
...but who knows.

I'd be really intrigued as to whether she's heard any of the material they've recorded. I'm sure they at least tried to get her to hear it. I wonder if they rehearsed any new songs before the tour in order to encourage Stevie?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this is all so sad.

I'd love to hear an album by that particular 4 piece. If she doesn't want to do it they should soldier on without her IMO.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think there are two things going on-- first is the money bit, which we've all talked about-- and that is that the band likely won't sell as many records or as many seats on tour without Stevie. This of course is what they pay managers and lawyers and agents etc to worry about, so chances are that those folks around the various members are concerned about this and giving them advice on how to deal with it, which may well include "you should wait for Stevie". On the other hand, I think the band also has concerns that if they go forward without her, she will use her platform of the media to make either openly disparaging or negative remarks or more passive-aggressive ("damning with faint praise") kinds of remarks. She has in the past used this threat to get what she wants with the band ("How will it look if I go to Rolling Stone and tell them this or that"). She has learned very very well over the years how to use the press to get her point out (funnily enough I thought of this while recently watching an old piece about Princess Diana and a lot of the perspective of the presenters was about how she was much more savvy at exploiting the press than Charles to get people on her side etc). So I wouldn't be surprised if there was concern within the band or their circle about the risk of her giving interviews about how "disappointed" she was that the band for whom she's given up so much (cutting off the Bella Donna tour etc etc) didn't find it in their hearts to wait for her or whatever. (even though she's pretty clear if they wait for her to join them on a record they'll be waiting a very long, long time). And then they're in the middle of a potentially ugly media sh&tstorm and the band goes out on a really publicly sour note. It just feels like they are feeling between a rock and a hard place. I'd bet Lindsey is all for releasing something but Mick clearly is hedging his bets Stevie will change her mind and I feel like Christine is also hedging even though she wants to get the new music out.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie can go to the media all she wants, but so can Christine, and I think the media would be more sympathetic to the one who came out of retirement to be creative with her band over someone who didn't think making new music was financially justifiable.

I think Christine wants Stevie on board and is holding out some hope for that, but is also ready and willing to release it without her. I think she's accepted that Stevie's not going to be on the album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they wont release as fleetwood mac without her
Old 12-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
they wont release as fleetwood mac without her
Definitely not.

They all care for her very much, and while Lindsey can be antagonistic towards Stevie, I do not think there can be any question that he wants her in the band just as much as, if not more than, anyone else.