The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk. I ran to the front. Lindsey blabbing. I'm in front of Chris. He started with the "we still had the same vibe after all these years. How is that possible?" It got quiet and I yelled "its maaaagic!" He stopped, cracked up and goes " oh you've heard this before clearly. Many tines!" Laughing

In front of Chris:

Lindsey and Christine

Chris and the band

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red Sun. I'm right in front of speakers. The harmonies are a bit off. Especially him. But great energy! Fake oooh oooh oooh.

Ok, here's the thing with this one-- I did NOT KNOW I was recording this. I was not INTENDING to record this. However, being the doof I am, with the phone in my hand as I was waving my hands all over and embarrassing myself bopping around, I clearly hit the record button. I am including it here because you can clearly hear the vocals on Red Sun, and I think the audio addresses some of the discussions that have been going on about the quality of her vocals during shows. I think she sounds terrific, very on-key. I think he doesn't sound as good... And he seems to be so much louder in the mix, and I wish he wasn't. It's her song and I would have preferred to hear her voice louder than his.

WARNING: Do not attempt to actually watch this without a heavy dose of Dramamine. Seriously, people. It's bad. But do listen. It starts abut 00:16

This was followed by You Make Loving Fun, which she really seemed to struggle with. It's painful at the start. (I think I stayed on Brett for so long coz I was intrigued to try and figure out which keyboard part he was playing and if he was playing more than her).

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-21-2017 at 01:24 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ISA. lots of people leaving or taking potty breaks.

early on in the solo:

later in the solo:

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 07:09 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey folks, I'm getting a little tired of the acronyms.

Too old to think.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Standing O for him through whole solo bit. Sorry but it's hard to type in the dark jumping in front of speakers at my age. Acronyms will need do
Old 07-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Acronyms will need do
Oh, it's not just you my friend.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GYOW. Standing o. Now Everywhere. No acronym for that.

I don't seem to have video for this one-- I was too busy jumping up and down and cheering and singing. I'm sure there's someone else out there with some video........

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 06:52 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Tusk. I ran to front. Lindsey blabbing. I'm in front of Chris. . He started with the "we still had the same vibe after all these years. How is that possible?" It got quiet and I[B] yelled "its maaaagic!" He cracked up and goes " oh you've heard this before clearly. Many tines!" [/B]Laughing ��
love it and that you managed to run to the front!! and that he finally started some back and forth with the audience! hopefully the tour is finally loosening up!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"We're gonna do just a couple more. New ones." But first intro band. Lindsey gushing how much chemistry they have with them too

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 01:18 AM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lay Down For Free. Lots people bailing. Morons. More of the canned vocals. Grrr. Chris just standing to side clapping.

Apparently I got no video of this one either.......

(I think I might have had to run to the loo during part of this one)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-20-2017 at 07:19 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Game of Pretend. Nice percussion accompaniment. Her voice sounds good!! I think she writes new stuff in her current range. The old ones harder.

Again, this may allow people to make some of their own judgements about her voice. In person it sounded good but on the video I gotta say she does sound wobbly on this one. And the fake backing vocals are in evidence.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-21-2017 at 08:14 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lots of chatter as everyone talks about how good the show was. Someone said "she doesn't sound the same but he's great!" She actually sounded better than him on a lot.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We finally got through all the traffic and made it home. The venue was great.... outdoors at a winery about 35 mins outside Seattle. Perfect weather......

Overall a very good show, great energy......eventually. The opening acoustic bit is just a drag..... it should be moved in the middle or just whittled down to one from her and one from him. They have so many more up tempo hits they could do-- Think About Me for one! It really felt like Lindsey was the headliner the whole night, but especially so at the beginning. It was so uncomfortable watching Chris just stand there while he sang--- they went on around 820 or so and it doesn't get dark here til well after 9/930 so it was very much still daylight and you could really see her just ...... there. She was playing soft synth lines on songs that you could hear in person but I had not been able to hear on people's videos.

The crowd was mostly sitting quietly through the beginning although Trouble got a very strong response and the Never Going Back got huge recognition and people started standing and clapping and singing along. But it wasn't until Hold Me that everyone really got up, the whole place on their feet and then tons of people going to the front of the stage, and even more during Little Lies. And then people stayed there pretty much for the rest of the show. I went down front during Little Lies. Then they did Tusk. Chris's stage makeup is VERY heavy. And she is like super skinny. She was interacting with the audience... everyone was holding up phones recording... she's gotten savvy about it and when she saw people with a phone she would stop, and sort of lean forward towards their phone camera and smile, making sure they got a good shot. She was kind of walking back and forth and I jumped up and waved and she came back towards her side and then everyone was waving and hollering to her.

Lindsey put on a fantastic show as always. Amazing energy. His voice sounded very good during the opening acoustic songs. His harmonies during the more upbeat songs with Chris showed some real wear and tear... She sounded quite good on the new stuff. It seems like she's gotten her bearings and has settled into the set nicely. The volume was too loud, actually, even when Lindsey was talking the speakers distorted his voice quite a bit.

Not a fan of the canned vocals. Really, on some songs it sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks were backing them up. Disappointed Chris didn't play keys on her own song (Feel About You). It was all Brett.

The staging and lighting and all were quite good. Tasteful; not overdone. The purple and red lighting which does NOT video well at ALL on ISA is great. The lighting on Jimmy Paxson during the drum solo bits on Too Far Gone was cool.

I still wonder with Christine's voice--- it sounded so warm and like honey on In The Meantime.......

Again though, it felt like a Lindsey show with Chris kinda bolted on. She was onstage the whole time, but her stage presence is different than his... she's never been flashy, and so the contrast with him was kinda glaring. When he and Stevie are onstage as a twosome, it's like a very even back and forth, trading off the spotlight.

I felt like they could have done more Christine hits. She has more than anyone in the band.... too many of his solo songs. Maybe that's just me.

It was hilarious that he seemed to hear my shout out during his spiel. He just stopped and cracked up, and said the bit about "You've heard this one before... clearly. MANY times!!" and then just laughed some more. Then he resumed. As much as I wish they'd cut ISA, man the crowd does love it and goes bonkers for it. Sigh.

That's all I can say for now. I'll see how my photos and videos came out and figure out a way to load them. I was using photo bucket but now they want me to pay because I only use it to upload things here.

Everyone with tickets to upcoming shows will love it!

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 07-21-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Old 07-20-2017, 02:40 AM
Junior Ledgie

Hi,

I was at the Seattle show, too. I agree with a lot of what the OP said.

I thought Christine really filled the space she was allotted: her songs are so iconic: Hold Me, You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, Wish You Were Here, and more. I was so glad that she could shine, as she did, with about half the showtime being for her songs.

I couldn't understand why "Lay Down for Free" was his closing song. He must hold it in higher esteem than I do. That was an incongruous moment.

"Hold Me" was the first most openly celebrated song of the evening. People were singing along, dancing, a crowd started gathering at the front of the stage. That's really one of FM's key songs, and personally it's not at the top of my list, but it's totally worthy, and they did it well.

I've seen Lindsey 4 times, and this night in Seattle I felt he was having the most fun I've seen him have while performing.

I loved that they just plunged into most songs without an introductory "this song is about.. redemption" or whatever has been said in the past. Lindsey did go on a schpiel about L&C's newfound chemistry, but at least it only happened once, and that's just the way Lindsey acts! Compared to the OP, I had a different interpretation of the interruption to Lindsey's speech. I thought that Christine was listening, and - when Lindsey said "I think I know what it is that makes our chemistry so great (paraphrase)," Christine said "tell me!" and then Lindsey said to her, "oh, you've heard this so many times." I didn't hear an audience member shout something out, but both could have happened simultaneously.

It was a fantastic concert: great weather, great tunes, couldn't ask for more.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:03 AM
Junior Ledgie

One more thing about the Seattle show: A standing O for Tusk!