The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No, he won't reply to it now. We'll all be left to mutter on to ourselves.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
And right now I would say the most beautiful woman imo is the actress Elizabeth Mitchell. I have a total girl crush on her
A little bit like her. A little bit like Juliet.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
A little bit like her. A little bit like Juliet.
Lmao..clever. And talking of Juliet..I went down to London last month as Elizabeth (along with Morena and Scott from V) were doing a Q&A at the apple store (see...I wasn't lying about the girl crush..haha). Anyway... I come out the store...put my iPod on shuffle and the first song to play was Juliet! Spooky!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Lmao..clever. I come out the store...put my iPod on shuffle and the first song to play was Juliet! Spooky!
Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you. Spooky.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
Most beauty queens know they're pretty. I live with a beautiful girl. She hears it all the time. I used to think I wanted to be beautiful, but after seeing what she goes through... I don't know if I could deal with it.
Both of your girls are beautiful.

And yes, on the hating it. My best friend is a very handsome guy. Women hit on him. Gay men hit on him. And he hates the attention(or says he does, anyway). I don't think I'd enjoy that sort of attention, at all(not that I have anything to worry about).

It HAS to be better, having someone want you, and want to be with you, after getting to know you, and know that you're real, than because you're all shiny and chrome covered.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like I have a new "most beautiful guy ever" everyday. So this is a great question: a real challenge to my values and to establish a standard. Hmmmm... I'll have to think on that.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ethan, outer beauty is just that. Nice to look at, but not always a pleasure to be around. Most beauty queens know they're pretty. I live with a beautiful girl. She hears it all the time. I used to think I wanted to be beautiful, but after seeing what she goes through... I don't know if I could deal with it. Some grown men and boys can't control themselves around a beautiful girl. I've seen them smack into door frames staring at her, grab her ass, tits, talk down to her, keep talking when she's clearly not interested, she's been threatened, stalked, and treated like ****. They know when you're slobbering at them because they're beautiful. Don't be that boy that can't take your eyes off her because she's beautiful. They hate that.
Thanks for this. The poor little pretty girl rant usually doesn't go over so well, but it's true. I'm not exactly Angelina Jolie, but the way that I look does define most of my interactions, and I downplay my looks on a regular basis because I've learned the hard way that other women treat you much differently if you're "incidently pretty" than if you're "using it to your advantage." And by that, they usually mean having the gall to fix yourself up the way they fix themselves up in the morning. Good times. Then, of course, there's the joy of wondering what your life is going to be like when you age, when all the things that you take for granted disappear. You wonder if you have the personality for people to actually like you for yourself. Yeah. Good times, indeed.

Outer beauty is fleeting and so hard to quantify. Besides, the closer I get to someone, the less I'm able to even notice what the rest of the world sees them as. I really believe that my ex-boyfriend is the best looking man on the face of the Earth. He's probably not. Other people don't treat him like he is, at least. But I can't think of a single person above him. And I'm so bad at judging what my best friend looks like that I tell people it's like I've never seen her. Going off of her boyfriends, I've decided that she's probably slightly better than average looking. She has the most beautiful soul, though, that much I know.
You're so like me
Old 07-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Thanks for this. The poor little pretty girl rant usually doesn't go over so well, but it's true. I'm not exactly Angelina Jolie, but the way that I look does define most of my interactions, and I downplay my looks on a regular basis because I've learned the hard way that other women treat you much differently if you're "incidently pretty" than if you're "using it to your advantage." And by that, they usually mean having the gall to fix yourself up the way they fix themselves up in the morning. Good times. Then, of course, there's the joy of wondering what your life is going to be like when you age, when all the things that you take for granted disappear. You wonder if you have the personality for people to actually like you for yourself. Yeah. Good times, indeed.

Outer beauty is fleeting and so hard to quantify. Besides, the closer I get to someone, the less I'm able to even notice what the rest of the world sees them as. I really believe that my ex-boyfriend is the best looking man on the face of the Earth. He's probably not. Other people don't treat him like he is, at least. But I can't think of a single person above him. And I'm so bad at judging what my best friend looks like that I tell people it's like I've never seen her. Going off of her boyfriends, I've decided that she's probably slightly better than average looking. She has the most beautiful soul, though, that much I know.
It's true. Samantha clearly knows she's beautiful. She isn't a bitch about it though. She has a hard time deciding who's genuine and who's blinded by beauty. She hates that her girlfriends tell her they think she's prettier without make up. "Am I really prettier without, or do they want me to look more plain?" She said something striking to me the other day... something along the lines of wondering if she got psoriasis to keep her grounded. The girls want to be her, the boys want to be with her. I don't know. She has a wonderful personality and spirit about her, and as age takes it's toll, she will still have inner beauty about her.

Thanks for appreciating this, Angelina!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Both of your girls are beautiful.

And yes, on the hating it. My best friend is a very handsome guy. Women hit on him. Gay men hit on him. And he hates the attention(or says he does, anyway). I don't think I'd enjoy that sort of attention, at all(not that I have anything to worry about).

It HAS to be better, having someone want you, and want to be with you, after getting to know you, and know that you're real, than because you're all shiny and chrome covered.
Thanks David. I think Sara will be every bit as beautiful as Samantha.

And damn! I can't go out in public with Samantha, EVER! lmao! It's like Beauty and the Beast! lmfao! It cracks me up some of the stares she gets. It's annoying to her. I don't hate on her... I'm just happy I'm the girl with the awesome personality! haha!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't think I'd enjoy that sort of attention, at all(not that I have anything to worry about).
Stop it. You're a handsome guy...
Old 07-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for appreciating this, Angelina!
Haha, eff you, Maria I'm not Angelina, I'm more...Katie Holmes. A little bit more than girl next door pretty. I'm waiting on my Scientologist prince charming.
You're so like me
Old 07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
sara1998
This message has been deleted by sara1998. Reason: because i'm a dumbass....
Old 07-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha, eff you, Maria I'm not Angelina, I'm more...Katie Holmes. A little bit more than girl next door pretty. I'm waiting on my Scientologist prince charming.
Yes, Katie Holmes... No Scientologists though, please?!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Katie Holmes... No Scientologists though, please?!
Can I at least get the adorable socialite in the making five year old? IT'S SO HARD BEING PRETTY, I NEED SOMETHING GOOD IN LIFE.
You're so like me
Old 07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can I at least get the adorable socialite in the making five year old? IT'S SO HARD BEING PRETTY, I NEED SOMETHING GOOD IN LIFE.
LMFAO!!!! You're killing me!!! Not everyone can hit the gene pool lottery, Suri! Suck it up and deal!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Registered

Quote:
I'm not Angelina, I'm more...Katie Holmes. A little bit more than girl next door pretty.
We've been over this before- Jeanne Tripplehorn.