Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine’s Return—Davis Book

A friend just gave me a copy of the GOLD DUST WOMAN bio and I have a question. On page 306, Stephen Davis says “Christine’s request to return to Fleetwood Mac wasn’t a cause of joy for Lindsey Buckingham.” This I knew, as he routinely qualified her return with conditions and the old “we were doing well as a four-piece” bit. But then Davis writes, “Lindsey was outvoted, and Christine would be welcomed back into her old band.” Did Lindsey actively vote AGAINST her return? That seems like a stretch. He can be abrasive and controlling but he couldn’t be THAT delusional, could he? Or is this bit of Davis copy just a slanted piece of journalism from Stevie’s camp intended to make him look bad?

Any clarification is welcome.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think this has already been reported. He was not in favor of it because he it was originally offered for Christine to join the European leg of their 2013 tour. He did not like the idea of floating members in and out. His opinion was you are in or out of Fleetwood Mac. The rest of the band would probably loved Christine perform at their European live shows in 2013. Once Lindsey knew Christine was serious and back for good, he welcomed her with open arms. They have a special relationship.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think this has already been reported. He was not in favor of it because he it was originally offered for Christine to join the European leg of their 2013 tour. He did not like the idea of floating members in and out. His opinion was you are in or out of Fleetwood Mac. The rest of the band would probably loved Christine perform at their European live shows in 2013. Once Lindsey knew Christine was serious and back for good, he welcomed her with open arms. They have a special relationship.
This much I already knew, but thanks for responding. I'm wondering, however, if he actually was "outvoted" regarding her return. It doesn't seem like accurate reporting.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
This much I already knew, but thanks for responding. I'm wondering, however, if he actually was "outvoted" regarding her return. It doesn't seem like accurate reporting.
Miss Tambourine loves to say anything to make LB look bad these days.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Considering the author couldn't even get Stevie's date of birth correct in the book, I'd take everything with grain of salt.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There could be a grain of truth to it. Conditions were set. She was declined the offer to join them on the European leg. When the return was announced Christine went overboard explaining she was back in the band 100% for good. I think Lindsey was open about his concerns. She had not played in 16 years and in her 70's. She was afraid of flying and he did not want a novelty act. I am sure Mick, Stevie, and John would have let Christine tour with them in 2013. The band just toured the world extensively. He probably wanted to work on solo stuff. But sure enough he came through and toured the world again with Christine just after finishing one world tour.
However once Christine did come back. I think Lindsey knew she was sincere and her love of playing and sticking with the band.
Off topic
I think Lindsey is to be praised for not letting Sheryl Crow in the band. Mick and Stevie were game and Lindsey protested hard enough to not make it happen. I understand how Lindsey thinks. Thank goodness he won that battle.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-01-2018 at 06:44 AM..
Old 04-01-2018, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Miss Tambourine loves to say anything to make LB look bad these days.
The book was unauthorized and SN never spoke to the author, so the comment, true or false, didn't come from her.

As for LB being "out voted," I think the author meant it in a metaphorical way, and not literally. So I'm sure the 4 members didn't sit at a table and actually vote on whether CM could rejoin or not; they probably discussed it and 3 were in favor of it and LB accepted their pov.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Considering the author couldn't even get Stevie's date of birth correct in the book, I'd take everything with grain of salt.
exactly!

considering all inaccuracies in the book that people have pointed out, starting from SN's bday, why are we even seriously discussing anything written in it??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2018, 09:18 AM

So many interviews where LB said himself he wasn't keen on it unless it was back to full time.

And considering he did an album and tour with her. Let's just say he seemed to love it the most.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So many interviews where LB said himself he wasn't keen on it unless it was back to full time.

And considering he did an album and tour with her. Let's just say he seemed to love it the most.
Exactly! Months later, he was saying "I love youuuuuu" to her on the BuckVie documentary.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Exactly! Months later, he was saying "I love youuuuuu" to her on the BuckVie documentary.
I swear!! I just watched that a few days ago.. And I noticed that at the end.

He has always loved Christine. I think it's great they have such a meaningful relationship within the band. Mick and Christine have that, too.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I swear!! I just watched that a few days ago.. And I noticed that at the end.

He has always loved Christine. I think it's great they have such a meaningful relationship within the band. Mick and Christine have that, too.
They're the definition of musical partners.

I understand his doubts at first. Maybe he didn't want to put his hopes up in working with her again if she was planning on leaving after one tour. I'm sure he's happy she's back. You can tell that during BuckVie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Off topic
I think Lindsey is to be praised for not letting Sheryl Crow in the band. Mick and Stevie were game and Lindsey protested hard enough to not make it happen. I understand how Lindsey thinks. Thank goodness he won that battle.
Totally agree!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The book was unauthorized and SN never spoke to the author, so the comment, true or false, didn't come from her.

As for LB being "out voted," I think the author meant it in a metaphorical way, and not literally. So I'm sure the 4 members didn't sit at a table and actually vote on whether CM could rejoin or not; they probably discussed it and 3 were in favor of it and LB accepted their pov.
Oh, is this THAT book? I didn’t know—or had forgotten. It’s so beautifully packaged, and the author has legitimate credits, so I assumed it had some authenticity. But now I remember the original discussions around this book and it amounting to a smear campaign against Lindsey. Well, at least I didn’t buy it. A friend gave it to me.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They're the definition of musical partners.

I understand his doubts at first. Maybe he didn't want to put his hopes up in working with her again if she was planning on leaving after one tour. I'm sure he's happy she's back. You can tell that during BuckVie.
I love watching that documentary. It's so warming compared to the Destiny Rules. That one was depressing.