Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Beautiful house. John deserves it.
We know he is not former and performing with the band shortly
Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So 'chocolate box' tacky...
Old 04-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Junior Ledgie

According to a link the article he's half a mile from Lindsey and half an hour from Stevie. Small world, for them anyway!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.trulia.com/blog/celebrit...s-real-estate/

there's talk about this in the MacNuggets thread the last few days as well
Old 04-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
So 'chocolate box' tacky...
That's probably just the staging.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kind of a gross house.
With all the amazing modern architecture in LA and what you could do with 6 million...
Old 07-17-2017, 06:17 AM

Fleetwood Mac's John McVie lists Raymond Chandler's old house for $3M
The airy Brentwood home was built in 1927

McVie purchased the residence three years ago for $2.535 million. Photos courtesy Mark Singer Photography

Back in the early 1940s, fresh off the success of classic crime novels The Big Sleep and The Long Goodbye, author Raymond Chandler and his wife, Cissy, resided in this very pleasant Spanish-style home in Brentwood.

The sunny two-bedroom, two and a half-bath residence is a far cry from the sleazy nightclubs and criminal hideouts frequented by Chandler's gritty protagonist, Phillip Marlowe, but perhaps the connection to one of Southern California's most iconic writers helped it sell for more than $100,000 over its $2.4 million asking price when it was snapped up in 2014.

The buyer? None other than Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie, as the LA Times reported following the sale.

Just a little under three years later, the musician has put the home back on the market and looks to be hoping for a small profit. It's now listed for just under $3 million.

The home sits on a 7,440-square-foot lot with lush vegetation and well-landscaped outdoor space. A recently constructed guest house features a glassy, modern design with concrete floors and built-in shelving.

The main house was constructed in 1927 and includes hardwood floors, wide windows, arched entryways, and a tiled living room fireplace. Bot a bedroom and a tile-floored parlor leads directly out to a large patio with space for outdoor dining.

Other features of the property include a remodeled kitchen, solar panels, and a detached two-car garage.

McVie, meanwhile, may be moving on to a French-inspired residence he purchased earlier this year in the nearby, guard-gated community of Brentwood Circle.

https://la.curbed.com/2017/7/16/1597...-fleetwood-mac

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-17-2017 at 06:46 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

L.A. Home
The bass player is putting his two-bedroom Brentwood home on the market for $2.995 million.

Fleetwood Mac’s John McVie is trading up to a larger home in Los Angeles.

The bass guitarist is putting his Brentwood home on the market for $2.995 million, according to listing agent Marcie Hartley of Hilton & Hyland. He recently bought a larger home with a swimming pool in the same neighborhood for $6.775 million, according to a spokeswoman for that property’s listing agency, Quintessentially Estates of Coldwell Banker.

Mr. McVie bought the two-bedroom Brentwood house in 2014 for $2.53 million, public records show. Originally built in the 1920s, the house was renovated by Mr. McVie and his wife, Julie. It measures about 2,200 square feet, plus a detached guesthouse that Mr. McVie used as a music studio. The couple, who had been living primarily in Hawaii, used the home as a pied-à-terre, Ms. Hartley said, but lately they have been spending more time in Los Angeles.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fleetwo...ome-1499957211
Old 07-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I thought the Raymond Chandler house was his daughter's. Maybe she needs more room.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I thought the Raymond Chandler house was his daughter's. Maybe she needs more room.
thank you, I was looking at some of the photos thinking the same thing, that this was the same house he bought for her... it looks like they did some tweaking of the outside spaces-- and maybe the "recently added guest house" was their doing also... Maybe he's taking a page from Lindsey's book and growing his financial portfolio via the LA real estate market
Old 11-09-2017, 08:51 AM

John McVie of Fleetwood Mac lists Honolulu retreat for $6.25 million

John McVie of Fleetwood Mac is seeking $6.25 million for his Honolulu home of more than a decade. (Realtor.com | Inset: Los Angeles Times)

John McVie, the bassist of Fleetwood Mac fame, has put his home in Honolulu up for sale at $6.25 million.

Set on a palm-lined street near the base of Diamond Head, the 7,953-square-foot house features stone and wood floors, vaulted ceilings and large picture windows that bring in views of the lush outdoor landscaping.

At the heart of the contemporary-style house is a vaulted-ceiling living room, which opens to a media room through pocketing doors. An updated kitchen, a sunlit dining room, a breakfast area, five bedrooms and six bathrooms are among the living spaces.

The contemporary-style house sits behind gates and palm trees on a corner lot in Honolulu. (Realtor.com)

An office, sitting area and wood-paneled dressing room make up the master suite.

Covered and uncovered patios create additional living space in the backyard, which contains a blue-tiled swimming pool and barbecue area. A motor court and multiple garages complete the fenced and gated grounds.

The property last changed hands in 2006 for $5 million, records show.

Patricia Choi of Choi International holds the listing.

McVie, 71, joined Fleetwood Mac in the late 1960s and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the band. “Go Your Own Way,” “Rhiannon” and “Don’t Stop” are among their hits.

Earlier this year, he sold his Brentwood home, which was once home to crime novelist Raymond Chandler, for the asking price of $2.995 million.

I suggest looking at the photo gallery because it's truly a beautiful house: http://www.latimes.com/business/real...108-story.html
Old 11-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Beautiful house. I wonder why so late in life John is selling his homes. Perhaps downsizing like Chris? Its possible he is rarely there and seems foolish to upkeep such a house. He may be centralizing in one location.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Beautiful house. I wonder why so late in life John is selling his homes. Perhaps downsizing like Chris? Its possible he is rarely there and seems foolish to upkeep such a house. He may be centralizing in one location.
I think after his health problems he may want to settle down in the most practical place should any problem ever arise.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Given there'll be a big long world tour coming up (at some point), I wonder if he's going to look to relocate to LA. Also, doesn't Molly live in LA? Maybe he and Julie will want to move close to her. Not necessarily suggesting they are moving away from Hawaii- just speculating.
I can't really see any other reason to give up such a fabulous home.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood