Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2017, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalline_ View Post
Elliefw, LOL THAT WAS ME HOW DID YOU KNOW
I met her before the show and she signed my record. I told her Im excited to be at the show in front row and she said she'd wave to me and during band intros she finally saw me and waved at me! I really really hope there's video of it.
Awww! Christine's the sweetest! But I remember reading some posts where she wasn't so receptive to fans, very much like Lindsey was last night.
So let's keep in mind that maybe they take turns with fans.

I think I'm gonna pray for Lindsey's good mood on LV and Christine's on Phoenix.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You should have wear some fake big bobos. I think I'm gonna order a pair on eBay just to be safe.
They wouldn't look too good on my hairy man chest, but thanks for the recommendation!
Old 07-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
The show was phenomenal, the vocals of both Lindsey and Christine were even better than I had expected, however the audience didn't seem very enthusiastic about it all, so many people were sitting down and someone in my row was playing a game on their phone most of the concert.
playing a game on their phone!! My blood pressure just shot up
Old 07-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The show was phenomenal, the vocals of both Lindsey and Christine were even better than I had expected, however the audience didn't seem very enthusiastic about it all, so many people were sitting down and someone in my row was playing a game on their phone most of the concert.
I'd have screamed the lyrics on his/her face just to make him/her lose that stupid game and pay attention to what's really important.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a real thing with me. I'm there for the music. Socializing, food/drinks, cuddling with your date---all of that is secondary for me. I've tried to explain this to my coworkers. They think going to a concert by myself (which I've done many times) is nuts. My sig other understands how intense I am but even that took years before he really got it. When he goes with me he knows once the show starts I'm focused on the band and the music!!
I took my niece to see Stevie in Indy this year(2nd row). The woman next to me is reading about Stevie on Wikipedia. Her and her husband left halfway thru Stevie's show. Are you kidding me!? How many diehard fans would have been overwhelmed with gratitude (and debt) to be in the second row. In fairness the tickets were their's to squander but I was blown away. It's incomprehensible to me.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
If I may disagree with you here - the audience was very vocally enthusiastic. People screamed and cheered and clapped extremely loudly and seemed to very much enjoy the show. What I do find weird was how many people were sitting in comparison to how loud the enthusiasm was.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I may disagree with you here - the audience was very vocally enthusiastic. People screamed and cheered and clapped extremely loudly and seemed to very much enjoy the show. What I do find weird was how many people were sitting in comparison to how loud the enthusiasm was.
I agree. The fans were really enthusiastic and many people were singing along to the new songs even.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
This is a real thing with me. I'm there for the music. Socializing, food/drinks, cuddling with your date---all of that is secondary for me. I've tried to explain this to my coworkers. They think going to a concert by myself (which I've done many times) is nuts. My sig other understands how intense I am but even that took years before he really got it. When he goes with me he knows once the show starts I'm focused on the band and the music!!
I took my niece to see Stevie in Indy this year(2nd row). The woman next to me is reading about Stevie on Wikipedia. Her and her husband left halfway thru Stevie's show. Are you kidding me!? How many diehard fans would have been overwhelmed with gratitude (and debt) to be in the second row. In fairness the tickets were their's to squander but I was blown away. It's incomprehensible to me.
Lola, we're soulmates!

I so agree with you! I understand that some people may need a break at a concert (I'm not one of those! ) but a very different thing is to go there and do anything but pay attention and show respect, especially, especially if you are on the first rows.

Even if you didn't spend money on those first rows, don't be disrespectful. You have artists in front of you, who are showing you their art.

In my case, I live in a very disrespectful country on many issues, but when it comes to art, we love artists that come here and we show them with our gratitude on every opportunity we have, sometimes to the point of lunacy. Noone leave a theater show or a concert. It's not right.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I agree. The fans were really enthusiastic and many people were singing along to the new songs even.
Completely agree! The people next to me hadn't heard the new album once and kept saying how good the songs were. A very good audience albeit a sitting one.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you so much for that! If truth must be told, I'd heard some questionable things about how nice Christine was as well and i knew I'd be heartbroken if she wasn't kind. I'm so thankful she was. I'm elated that i got to meet her I am so so grateful to meet my hero.
I definitely don't think the show is late!! What I gathered was that it was rushed getting to the venue with the whole border crossing thing but I think that they're all there now as per her makeup artist's Instagram. It was just a tad stressful getting there in a short amount of time (personally I'd always advice having a show in the states the day after Canada, the border especially on a bus can be unpredictable!).
I hope so much you can meet them one day! I hope everyone can it was the most amazing experience.
Have an amazing show tonight I hope it's great and I don't know if you've seen them yet on this tour but if you haven't you're in for something really special. Stevie Nicks present or not, they are two insanely talented people who made amazing music and sound terrific together. I'm excited to hear how your show goes!

Edit: Yes so much to Im So Afraid. It was surreal how much energy that man has.
They ended up starting a bit early tonight actually, it seems. LOVED the show! I rambled away in the Mount Pleasant thread already. Was my first show of the tour and I'm a bit bummed I missed Detroit because I'd totally go again. I was enjoying the album but after tonight I'm absolutely in love with it! Really was especially digging Christine tonight and all of her new songs were simply amazing! Would love to see some more songs from her in the future because she's rocking it! Someone else mentioned Lindsey seemed to battling off a big (or maybe it was partially the hassle with the border and all) and yeah, he was probably lower energy than I'd seen in the past but was still doing his kicks and guitar banging and all. Would have to see other shows from this tour but I thought his I'm So Afraid run around part was much briefer than in the past but loved getting to show my mom (who was with me for the first time) that.

Had my own big joy moment too! Managed to be given one Lindsey's guitar picks and I'm still all giggly happy about it. Haha! I actually lost the keychain I bought (pretty sure it's in the car somewhere!) because I was so busy trying to be sure I didn't lose the pick anywhere. 😂 I don't think I'll ever get to sit so close again so was probably my own chance to nab one so I am insanely grateful! Some of the other women up st the front just seemed like they wouldn't be satisfied even after getting picks and a copy of the set list, they just kept begging and throwing out some really weird excuses for why they were deserving. But eh, when I got handed my pick, I'm sure my eyes lit up and I kept thanking the crew member who gave it to me. Seriously my most prized piece of my Mac collection. Soooo silly happy!
Old 07-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You bought a BuckVie keychain?? I didn't see those in Chicago. Glad you got the signed stuff and enjoyed the show.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Lola, we're soulmates!

I so agree with you! I understand that some people may need a break at a concert (I'm not one of those! ) but a very different thing is to go there and do anything but pay attention and show respect, especially, especially if you are on the first rows.

Even if you didn't spend money on those first rows, don't be disrespectful. You have artists in front of you, who are showing you their art.

In my case, I live in a very disrespectful country on many issues, but when it comes to art, we love artists that come here and we show them with our gratitude on every opportunity we have, sometimes to the point of lunacy. Noone leave a theater show or a concert. It's not right.
Soul mates! And you're in Argentina? I'm honored
I hope and pray I never need a break at a concert--I won't feel like myself
Old 07-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Wait, there are keychains??
Old 07-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Soul mates! And you're in Argentina? I'm honored
I hope and pray I never need a break at a concert--I won't feel like myself
Me too! I can't sit still. It wouldn't be me. I need to communicate the artista how happy I am to be there. That's why I always try to grab firsts rows.

I'm honored too.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wait, there are keychains??
I posted a review of the Mount Pleasant show and it contains pics of the merch. There IS a keychain. Crap! I wish I had seen this in Chicago.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:27 PM
button-lip
This message has been deleted by button-lip.