User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
as a Soprano 1 in my high school choir, i thought these videos were very cool! I have always loved her high falsettos in the likes of "Dreams" and "Sisters of the Moon", but i absolutely love her low, husky voice that she has now! Great videos!
Thank you!

A few updates...
- Stevie's absolute lowest spoken note is F#2, although with vocal fry, which is a very croaky register not connected to the chest and therefore isn't a part of one's range, she has reached D2, which is a male bass note!
- There are a few Eb5s on the studio version of I'm So Afraid, a lovely harmony!
- Her E5 I now think is Christine.
- The range she covers on the Soundstage CD is B2-A4, and they are good A4s so she can probably still reach a B4. She has a much better range now than people give her credit for!

On the Mirage tour video she hits D5s in Rhiannon and Sisters of the Moon... yet she still doesn't hit the famous Rhiannon C5s! Baffling! Does anyone have any bootleg versions of both songs from that tour? Thank you..

Last edited by WarmSir3; 02-13-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

bumping an old thread and unfortunatley i don't think warmsir3 has been back in a while but i took max for a walk and was listening to straight back, the studio version (i normally listen to the live rehearsal version). i wonder if her vocal in this hits her lowest note.

specifically i'm talking about "hours and hours of....waiting for you" after the musical break and in between "she remembers how good it can be".

the first one. after that she starts to break loose and take it up a notch.

it's around 2:35

"WOOOAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
Old 02-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would be useful(? for lack of better word) to document Stevie's vocal range exclusively at various points in her career, too. I'm sure there are notes she sang in the 70's she could not hit now, as well as notes she can hit now that she couldn't hit in the 70's.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Check out Whenever I Call You Friend by Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks. Many of us fans are amazed at the vocal he got out of her for this recording.
In some interview a long time ago Stevie referred to Kenny Loggins as the "slavedriver" because he was never satisfied with the vocal she offered for WICYF.She said he pushed her over and over b/c he knew she was capable of more and at the time she was POed about it but later realized he was right and she is now very proud of her contribution.Me too
Old 01-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
In some interview a long time ago Stevie referred to Kenny Loggins as the "slavedriver" because he was never satisfied with the vocal she offered for WICYF.She said he pushed her over and over b/c he knew she was capable of more and at the time she was POed about it but later realized he was right and she is now very proud of her contribution.Me too
That is one of her best vocals ever along with her vocal on Midnight Wind.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Ledgie

The vocal range and indeed entire vocal performances on 24 KG are the best she's recorded in years in my opinion - is it that she's worked hard on her vocals or studio trickery helping her out?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkpie View Post
The vocal range and indeed entire vocal performances on 24 KG are the best she's recorded in years in my opinion - is it that she's worked hard on her vocals or studio trickery helping her out?
I agree. She has worked hard on her voice. She does vocal exercises and has a vocal coach.