User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Lindsey was so clearly hurt when he was removed from the band. Go back to the lyrics of On With the Show. He saw this band as his and their surviving legacy and his sense of community, even if the community was not always unified. That was all taken away from him in a phone call from Irving Azoff and everyone in his community stopped talking to him. The hurt and pain from that forced separation and subsequent isolation is real, its deep, and depressive.

Further, for the prior 21 years he was the band's driving force and frankly why it came back to life and then thrived during its revenue making heyday, post Stevie's temporary career crater, Mick's bankruptcy(s), Christine's departure. The Dance does not happen. Say You Will and its 130 date tour does not happen. 2009, 2013, 2014-2015 tours don't happen and the band becomes so irrelevant, there is no chance the financially successful revamped 2018-2019 tour takes place. In his mind, Fleetwood Mac had become his band and I am sure he at times became overbearing and controlling, but he was also essentially given the power. As Stevie, famously said, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, except Lindsey, he get's two. They empowered him, he became the big (well really skinny) daddy. Then the family left him.

He had a heart attack, he had open heart surgery, his children are getting older. The youngest will graduate high school in 2022. .
perfectly observed and described.

Quote:
I In my opinion he sees his mortality and he may prioritize his need to reconnect with his estranged band family and he needs to be part of the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for his posterity, legacy and peaceful closure.
don't think so. he might see FM as a closure, but he's completely aware of toxicity between Stevie and himself. love/hate has become pretty much open hate now. she's not even trying to conceal anymore all the jealousy and hate she feels - it comes out so completely obvious to any unbiased reader in her latest interview. also, she is finally openly saying what he's been telling people for the last 8 years - no, they don't like each other, they are not friends, and no, they never talk unless they have to on stage or for recording.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 10-14-2020 at 07:55 PM..
Old 10-14-2020, 08:11 PM
John Run
This message has been deleted by John Run.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:14 PM
John Run
This message has been deleted by John Run.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In your subsequent post, you quote me with 100% accuracy, so I assume in the prior post the quote function may have played games with post. So I apologize if that is the case. Best always - John
no problem, apology accepted.

I did exact same thing with both your posts - because i so completely agree with the huge parts of both your posts so i wanted to make sure that's quoted.

i'll make sure never to agree with you again lol.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My two cents:

This is all academic.

Whenever worldwide (or even just American) touring resumes–and for the record I think it will be quite some time–it won't be as before. There will be distancing requirements that mean a lot less profit (if any) in the kind of large-scale tours the band used to do. It will be many a year before tours of that scale go on as they did pre-COVID.

So there is no pot of gold in the offing.

If anything, that may mean some reconciliation can occur because the greed that contributed to the severing of ties won't be there to impede the mending of fences.

Last edited by cbBen; 10-14-2020 at 08:52 PM..
Old 10-14-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think she sees any of those people as Fleetwood Mac, not Mike and I think she sees Sharon and Lori as hers more than FM's.
She answers the reporter's question about whether the band members have been in touch, and she says she hasn't contacted them and they haven't contacted her.

Then she says that there are a lot of people who are important to her that she hasn't contacted but should. That's where I was putting Mike, Sharon, Lori, etc.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

but wait, there's more!

Now suddenly, it wasnt just Stevie that wrote a letter to Lindsey, it was the entire band!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/stevi...8v24bTuPKJH_VA
Old 10-15-2020, 07:01 PM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox. Reason: Time resedes with a fatal drop