User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey interview

http://www.newsobserver.com/entertai...157338864.html
Talking about the small, medium, big machine and the touring band. Few other things we're familiar with.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another short one with Lindsey and Chris.
http://ilovebobfm.com/2017/06/21/buc...-details-tour/
The writer didn't add the extra dates and listed Landslide instead of Little Lies.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For someone who is all about the art of music, the machine crap doesn't make it sound that arty at all!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's been making some interesting comments about Fleetwood Mac lately. First "take the money and run" about the festival shows this year; Now in this article he says that solo tours are way more entertaining/enjoyable in some ways, and that he doesn't see another new album on the horizon because "the politics make that all the more tenuous".

Maybe he is tired of the greatest-hits cash grab tours from the Big Machine like many of us are.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
For someone who is all about the art of music, the machine crap doesn't make it sound that arty at all!
Seriously, just sing the songs. Quit slowing it down, quit using back up tracks for guitar. Christine please please for the love of God, play something other than a chorded organ part. If she had not done the Hold Me solo I would have sold my tickets.

You're there to perform.. you're paid to do your job.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Lindsey's been making some interesting comments about Fleetwood Mac lately. First "take the money and run" about the festival shows this year; Now in this article he says that solo tours are way more entertaining/enjoyable in some ways, and that he doesn't see another new album on the horizon because "the politics make that all the more tenuous".

Maybe he is tired of the greatest-hits cash grab tours from the Big Machine like many of us are.
I'm also having that impression lately. Like I said earlier, this is gonna be an interesting tour. Or not.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Seriously, just sing the songs. Quit slowing it down, quit using back up tracks for guitar. Christine please please for the love of God, play something other than a chorded organ part. If she had not done the Hold Me solo I would have sold my tickets.

You're there to perform.. you're paid to do your job.
I'm with you. If it's too physically challenging to play and sing at the same time (it might be--she IS almost 74) then have back-up players play it all live. But play it live.

I am getting the sense that Lindsey is calling all of the shots with regards to the tour, the production, the arrangement. Christine has always generously given him the power to make such decisions, but after I read that he told her one of her SIX songs had to be cut I thought, WTF? So what if she has six and he has five? And, for that matter, why don't you get her to have more audible presence on the five songs you cut BEFORE she rejoined? I know I'm rambling and sort of jumbled, but my complaints are of a piece: Lindsey calls the shots but not all of his calls are the right calls. Stevie pushes back and sometimes gets her way. Christine acquiesces because she is generous, possibly a bit lazy, and still a bit shaky as she remerges from her 16 years of retirement. Interviews reveal that "Feel About You" is HER song, for example. Not a co-write. Lindsey's "strong hand" in production has garnered him a composition credit. Stevie would not have done that, no matter how inventive his arrangement might be. Lindsey calls it "band politics." But isn't the job of the producer to do exactly what he does and be credited AS A PRODUCER--not as a co-writer? Sorry, I ramble.

I'm still ecstatic for the new music and rocked out to it in the car to and from work today.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I would never defend them playing with tracks (I HATE it), almost all new pop artists (rock and country) play with tracks now. Everyone expects everything to sound just like the record, these days.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm with you. If it's too physically challenging to play and sing at the same time (it might be--she IS almost 74) then have back-up players play it all live. But play it live.

I am getting the sense that Lindsey is calling all of the shots with regards to the tour, the production, the arrangement. Christine has always generously given him the power to make such decisions, but after I read that he told her one of her SIX songs had to be cut I thought, WTF? So what if she has six and he has five? And, for that matter, why don't you get her to have more audible presence on the five songs you cut BEFORE she rejoined? I know I'm rambling and sort of jumbled, but my complaints are of a piece: Lindsey calls the shots but not all of his calls are the right calls. Stevie pushes back and sometimes gets her way. Christine acquiesces because she is generous, possibly a bit lazy, and still a bit shaky as she remerges from her 16 years of retirement. Interviews reveal that "Feel About You" is HER song, for example. Not a co-write. Lindsey's "strong hand" in production has garnered him a composition credit. Stevie would not have done that, no matter how inventive his arrangement might be. Lindsey calls it "band politics." But isn't the job of the producer to do exactly what he does and be credited AS A PRODUCER--not as a co-writer? Sorry, I ramble.

I'm still ecstatic for the new music and rocked out to it in the car to and from work today.
I agree with this. Your statement about the job of a producer has been one of my biggest chafes with him for years--- yeah, you arrange the songs. THAT'S WHAT A PRODUCER/ARRANGER/MUSICAL DIRECTOR does. That's why you get CREDITS for that and PAYMENT. Oy.

in the DR doc, when they are listening to Stevie's demos-- real demos, not songwriting demos--- which are arranged how she thinks they should go, you hear him say to her at one point "I really like what he's done there, there's a lot of stuff I can just use" -- meaning whoever she worked with to produce the demos did stuff that he wants to keep in terms of the arrangement, etc. Yet do you see anyone but him listed as producer on that record?? By his logic (of wanting cowrite credit for his arranging work) shouldn't whoever arranged/produced her demos get at least a co-producer or arranger credit on the fm album since they are using that person's ideas lifted straight from the demos?? You can't have it both ways. He always uses "band politics" as a reference to Stevie, but "band politics" have always included him too. Pot, meet kettle.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, but Christine doesn't mind him holding the reins. That's the difference!

In fact, I'm sure she prefers it.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yes, but Christine doesn't mind him holding the reins. That's the difference!

In fact, I'm sure she prefers it.
She doesn't seem as tough as pre-retired Christine. Pills and booze and cookies took a lot out of her. lol
Old 06-22-2017, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She doesn't seem as tough as pre-retired Christine. Pills and booze and cookies took a lot out of her. lol
She ain't 50 now. I'm positive that she likes him being in charge. She said he was the best guitar player FM ever had. She respects the F out of him.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:20 PM

Quote:
She ain't 50 now. I'm positive that she likes him being in charge. She said he was the best guitar player FM ever had. She respects the F out of him.
And he needed her, as well. I just miss the jams... Play your instruments.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And he needed her, as well. I just miss the jams... Play your instruments.
Again, everyone fakes it now. Plastic bitches.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, everyone fakes it now. Plastic bitches.
doesn't make it right.

most of the new acts fake it because they don't have the talent to begin with.