User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Ledgie

Heart Sydney, Australia (12th February 1986) [Full Video Concert]

Sydney, Australia https://youtu.be/fg7-jC459g0
We miss you Tom Petty, amazing footage of this concert! Stevie comes in at 2hrs 24

Last edited by AmbrFireflie; 10-22-2017 at 01:33 AM.. Reason: Sydney, Australia (12th February 1986) [Full Video Concert]
Old 10-22-2017, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting! Is she in it for more than Knocking On Heaven’s Door?
Old 10-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting. This video is much better quality then the other one I have seen. Stevie is dressed so 80's. Its definitely a very casual Stevie. That skirt, top, and boots looks like something from Casual Corner, Fashion Bug or a JC Penney catalog from 1986. And we all know from Stevie's People magazine (late 90's) interview that she does not shop at Penney's
The back up singer with the tambourine is like.......Stevie is stealing my thunder so I am not even bothering to sing back up

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-22-2017 at 09:42 AM..
Old 10-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Goodness gracious! Great find! Thank you for posting. SUCH improved quality.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting. This video is much better quality then the other one I have seen. Stevie is dressed so 80's. Its definitely a very casual Stevie. That skirt, top, and boots looks like something from Casual Corner, Fashion Bug or a JC Penney catalog from 1986. And we all know from Stevie's People magazine (late 90's) interview that she does not shop at Penney's
The back up singer with the tambourine is like.......Stevie is stealing my thunder so I am not even bothering to sing back up
Quite possibly the worst outfit (coupled with her worst singing) of all time! JMHO
Old 10-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

pure vintage rock a little voice
Old 10-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If my memory serves me correct Stevie was banned from performing the second night because she did not have the permit to perform on the stage with the other performers. So this truly is rare and a one night performance. How compliant and law abiding Stevie, Bob, and Tom are for rock stars to yield to such silliness
Sadly she should have been back in the States recording Tango and practicing for her RAL tour when this was going on. She blew off the Mac and showed up weeks late to her RAL tour rehearsals. The drugs and the party ALWAYS come first

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-22-2017 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad Stevie survived those years. I loved the RAL and TOSOTM tours but I was a youngin at the time and I felt I was at the party.Rock on Gold Dust Woman!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The opening night of the Rock A Little Tour in Houston, Texas on April 11, 1986 was about 8 weeks away as Stevie took the stage with Bob Dylan and The Heartbreakers in Australia. I'm sure she had to do some major begging to crash the Petty/Dylan shows. Still, who can blame her? The opportunity to sing backup onstage for A MUSICAL LEGEND like Bob Dylan comes once in a lifetime.

HMMMM.....sitting in a LA STUDIO with Lindsey running vocals on the same tired track for the 83rd time---or playing tambourine and hanging with Dylan in Australia.....I too would choose the latter.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
The opening night of the Rock A Little Tour in Houston, Texas on April 11, 1986 was about 8 weeks away as Stevie took the stage with Bob Dylan and The Heartbreakers in Australia. I'm sure she had to do some major begging to crash the Petty/Dylan shows. Still, who can blame her? The opportunity to sing backup onstage for A MUSICAL LEGEND like Bob Dylan comes once in a lifetime.

HMMMM.....sitting in a LA STUDIO with Lindsey running vocals on the same tired track for the 83rd time---or playing tambourine and hanging with Dylan in Australia.....I too would choose the latter.
Its looking at the glass half full or half empty. I would think she wanted to be a creative member of Fleetwood Mac. That takes working together with the band. But its clear during this time Nicks stayed away from her family and the Mac because of her personal issues. It would be an honor to sing a song with Dylan but priorities first...your solo career tour practice and band studio album shelved for this honor? I think it was more about the party. If she went on tour with them to sing back up then why was she not allowed to perform on stage. It was an impromptu act which is cool and memorable though. Wasn't it Tom Petty's wife who put down her foot for him not going to Australia with Dylan because of the drug use. I think Stevie came in to talk to his wife to assure her that she would watch over him. Yeah ok...Stevie watching over someone to not get too crazy
CHOICES !

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-22-2017 at 07:43 PM..
Old 10-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly she should have been back in the States recording Tango and practicing for her RAL tour when this was going on. She blew off the Mac and showed up weeks late to her RAL tour rehearsals. The drugs and the party ALWAYS come first
Actually, she should have been back in the States and in rehab! I always suspected one of the reasons she went to Australia was because her record company was on her about her drug use, and her way of dealing with the pressure was to run away. And at that point, it wasn't about the partying, it was only about the drugs.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Actually, she should have been back in the States and in rehab! I always suspected one of the reasons she went to Australia was because her record company was on her about her drug use, and her way of dealing with the pressure was to run away. And at that point, it wasn't about the partying, it was only about the drugs.
That could be very true. Before going to rehab, addicts usually have one big party for days, weeks or months rationalizing it will all soon change.
This was the time her management was overly critical of David Letterman for playing the I Cant Wait video. It was silly but they thought he was making fun of her and actually he was a big fan. However you could be right and this is a clue into the division between her and her management company during this time. She went AWOL to Australia when they were pushing her to get help. This was only going to make matters worse. According to Mick's first book I think she confided in him about seeing a doctor and what he said. But Mick agreed with her that it was impossible to quit or even attempt to quit while on the road touring. So basically I think she put it out of her mind until the end of her tour. Its also a glimpse into her behavior recording RAL and why Jimmy walked out. In those days tours and party went together like hand and glove. When Stevie's "Behind the music" came out the part of Paul Fishkin saying "near overdoses on the road" was cut from the actual story but it was in VH1's promo for her story. I can only imagine what Lindsey went through during those few days she did show up in the studio. We all understand why he left and refused to tour with the band. Mick was buying drugs in his driveway and Stevie was out of control.
Recently Stevie said she hates looking at her 80's videos because she had so many drugs on the sets and she can see that she is high. She said something like, "why did I not be clean for at least 3 days for the video"
Total irony here for me. I saw Stevie in concerts in the 80s and I was shocked at the clarity of her in her videos. I was like how come that's not the Stevie on stage. IMHO The only video where she looks high is the group sing parts of If Anyone Falls where she is singing and there is a black background. Her nose is swollen and she is high as a kite.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-23-2017 at 09:07 AM..
Old 10-23-2017, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always loved that the part of the video that Dave always played was the bit where she was leaning forward and her "assets" were hanging out and swaying. I don't think he had a "problem" with the video at all, folks.....
Old 10-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wasn't it Tom Petty's wife who put down her foot for him not going to Australia with Dylan because of the drug use. I think Stevie came in to talk to his wife to assure her that she would watch over him. Yeah ok...Stevie watching over someone to not get too crazy
CHOICES !
Hysterical!! Can't you just picture THAT conversation?!?! Sending a 1986 era Stevie Nicks to Australia to make sure the boys didn't do too much coke is liken to leaving the fox alone with the chickens!

I doubt they could smuggle those toots toots on the plane, so they must've had a coke dealer available in Australia.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Goodness gracious! Great find! Thank you for posting. SUCH improved quality.

Yes, I agree. This was the first time I ever enjoyed this performance. The bad quality videos from before made it sound like SN didn't sing well but here it shows that she did.