Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
"Say you Love me-- EARLY version" is up at ITUNES to purchse. It's just a different RAWer mix -- but it's kind funky and rockin with an entirely different guitar part. Everything else is pretty much the same. but the ending is really cool

If someone is interested, it's also available for free on Spotify.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
I find it interesting that all these early versions have been unearthed but there didn't seem to be any for the first go-round of reissues. Very excited about those and high quality versions of those great early shows.

Once again, disappointed in no live DVD. They had BETTER be putting together a massive Blu-Ray set!
What's weird is that they're including the audio of the complete Midnight Special performance on Disc 2. You'd think they'd at least include the video of that appearance on the DVD as a bonus (though they pulled the same thing with the Mirage reissue).
Old 11-20-2017, 09:42 AM

Wow!!! That SYLM version is so much better!!!

It has a darkness to it.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Ledgie

I I have the other sets but skipped the Tango box set due tho the lack of a 5.1 surround mix but this new set was an instant pre-order.
Really looking forward to it. Bring it on!

Old 11-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow!!! That SYLM version is so much better!!!

It has a darkness to it.
I like it, but nothing beats the original lp release of the song, which is perfection. I never even dug the single version of it.

I'm REALLY curious about the early take of Sugar Daddy. I'm hoping there are some fun surprises there.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I like it, but nothing beats the original lp release of the song, which is perfection. I never even dug the single version of it.

I'm REALLY curious about the early take of Sugar Daddy. I'm hoping there are some fun surprises there.
And Crystal... Christine's keyboards make that song so special.. plus the third voice...
Old 11-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

What’s odd is the price for the pre-order of the Super Deluxe Edition is $99 on Amazon which I know will go down some before it’s release, but PledgeMusic has it selling for $61 which is quite the disparity. I will no longer order from PledgeMusic because you don’t get what you order on the release date, far from it. It’s at least a week later, but one time I ordered something and it literally took months. They claimed they were outta stock which was crap because I ordered it months before the street date. All the while you could get it on Amazon.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I waited about 2 months after Mirage(deluxe) was released, and got it for half price.

Just sayin'....
Old 11-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I ordered from Amazon UK. The price was lower than the Amazon US price.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I'm holding off a bit too. I am so excited though. I bought a new wave Bose CD player on Black Friday $200 off retail. I am thrilled to re-discover all my old CDs with this new awesome sound. These new deluxe releases are even more exciting for that reason. This deluxe is second best to the Tusk one IMHO. Such rare live stuff and incredible new stuff too.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I ordered from Amazon UK. The price was lower than the Amazon US price.
Me too. I can't wait...wait...wait.......I love these deluxe sets.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As per usual the Amazon UK price is roughly 40% less. With Amazong global delivery and the exchange rate the total shipped is around $60. I’ve ordered all the box sets that way and got them days after release date no problem.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if words can express how much love I have for this album, Sugar Daddy aside (which isn't really bad at all) this album fires on all cylinders one track after another and has, for me, since sweet '75.

Rumours seemed like part 2 to me when it came out, and I really didn't understand all the fuss at the time, coz I was always pointing back to this album as the real shiznit.

I've drooled over the idea of a 5.1 of this for a couple decades now
sorry it never came out in quad back in the day.

I could talk about this record for days, but in a nutshell, it's dark but beautifully recorded and a true audiophile test disc for your friends
very deeply emotive and beautifully played, you just know hearing it that everyone is in top form. Just an amazing record.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
I don't know if words can express how much love I have for this album, Sugar Daddy aside (which isn't really bad at all) this album fires on all cylinders one track after another and has, for me, since sweet '75.

Rumours seemed like part 2 to me when it came out, and I really didn't understand all the fuss at the time, coz I was always pointing back to this album as the real shiznit.

I've drooled over the idea of a 5.1 of this for a couple decades now
sorry it never came out in quad back in the day.

I could talk about this record for days, but in a nutshell, it's dark but beautifully recorded and a true audiophile test disc for your friends
very deeply emotive and beautifully played, you just know hearing it that everyone is in top form. Just an amazing record.
It's so beautiful and it reminds me of their craft. I hear the Buckingham/McVie elements even more now that they put their latest album out.

But then you have Landslide Rhiannon and Crystal (which is very BuckVie). I can't wait for this deluxe edition.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
As per usual the Amazon UK price is roughly 40% less. With Amazong global delivery and the exchange rate the total shipped is around $60. I’ve ordered all the box sets that way and got them days after release date no problem.
Thanks for the reminder. I got mine today. It was L 39.75, which is about half of the US price. I guess I'll get it a week later or something, but I'm happy to save the $45 I can't wait to hear it.

Kevin