Old 09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default at home w/ LB (spin magazine)

http://www.spin.com/articles/home-lindsey-buckingham

At Home with Lindsey Buckingham
Magazine
By Spin Staff on September 12, 2011 11:24 PM

Lindsey Buckingham, shot for SPIN's October 2011 issue by Ture Lillegraven

As part of Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham wrote some of rock'n'roll's most eternally beloved songs, and the bedroom in his Los Angeles home is packed with artifacts that have influenced his creative path over the years -- which we discovered when we visited for our monthly "In My Room" feature. Watch video from Buckingham's room below.

Among the treasures: a Martin D-18 acoustic guitar he bought at age 19 ("It's gotten better and mellower with age...a bit like me"), a boogie board ("The sensibility of water is something I hope would enter my music"), and vinyl 45s by Elvis and Chuck Berry that sparked his interest in rock'n'roll.

Buckingham, 62, has traded in a tumultuous past for blissful domesticity (he's married with three school-age children). But that doesn't mean he's taking it easy. His new solo effort, Seeds We Sow (Mind Kit), continues a rich tradition of adventurous songcraft driven by virtuosic guitar fingerpicking. The man also wrote, performed, produced, and released the album himself. "I'll always have Fleetwood Mac," he says, "but my solo work is where the growth and heart is. It's where I live."

Watch: In My Room with Lindsey Buckingham

INTERVIEW BY CHRIS MARTINS / VIDEO BY RHYS ERNST
Old 09-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Extremely nice. I don't have sound on this computer, so I can't hear it yet. But it's nice to see the things that Lindsey treasures.

Lindsey, take your shoes off on the bed.

Poor Kristen. I hope he keeps that junk in his closet and not exactly in his room. I wonder if I will break something if I try standing up and falling onto my bed like that.

Michele
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Extremely nice. I don't have sound on this computer, so I can't hear it yet. But it's nice to see the things that Lindsey treasures.

Lindsey, take your shoes off on the bed.
i know - i was extremely annoyed by that too!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

absolutely adorable.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

wish my ribs were still showing like that, when lying down...
Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love his little tiki warrior thing.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wish my ribs were still showing like that, when lying down...
My ribs do show when I'm lying down. It's when I'm standing up that gravity just . . .

Michele
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My wife justed pointed and said "Theres no way his wife would let him have that lying all around his room" Women,!!! Huh!!!

Cool though that lindsey is sharing a little more these days. Love that Martin Guitar ( a real treasure for him I imagine)

Boogie boarding, well I never woud have thought. LOL

Okay Lindsey get it together now and do MTV Cribs
Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a 45 on the nightstand next to that picture of Will. I wonder what the 45 is.

I liked that none of his memorabilia had anything to do with Fleetwood Mac. That 45 though might be an FM single. Hmmm, from the White album or GYOW?

Clearly he doesn't really keep all of that stuff in his bedroom. It sounds like he keeps the tiki warrior in his recording studio. He just dragged all that junk upstairs for the interview -- although Kristen always photographs the room with a guitar or guitar case in it.

Michele
Old 09-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's a 45 on the nightstand next to that picture of Will. I wonder what the 45 is.

I liked that none of his memorabilia had anything to do with Fleetwood Mac. That 45 though might be an FM single. Hmmm, from the White album or GYOW?
In the article before the video it says: "and vinyl 45s by Elvis and Chuck Berry that sparked his interest in rock'n'roll."

I imagine it's one of those.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awh...why couldn't this be longer than 3 minutes? He seems so much more comfortable in this format than a typical Q&A.

So, what's the picture in front of the bathhouse photo? Is it Kristen and him?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I totally see lindsey in that picture as a vision of himself.

anyone else wanna wrestle that boy tangled in the sheets??
if so...BACK OFF!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Probably missing the point entirely, but has anybody else noticed that Lindsey somehow always manages to shoehorn his son into conversations about himself, but his daughters rarely get a mention? Has he ever done an interview where he mentioned those two, rather than just "my children". Just a random thought that bothered me when I noticed the picture on the sideboard.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Probably missing the point entirely, but has anybody else noticed that Lindsey somehow always manages to shoehorn his son into conversations about himself, but his daughters rarely get a mention? Has he ever done an interview where he mentioned those two, rather than just "my children". Just a random thought that bothered me when I noticed the picture on the sideboard.
That has crossed my mind too. I used to watch this soap opera where a couple with 3 children always said "Thomas and the girls" or "Thomas and the twins" and I thought that very annoying.

Let's see, it wasn't an interview, but we have the one video Lindsey did during his tour where he said that Stella was intense and pushy, just like him.

During one interview, Leelee was playing and he said, "Awww. Look at Leelee on the trampoline."

Before SWS came out, he said that the girls sang to the CD when Kristen was driving them around in the car, but he didn't say their names.

He did do that People photo shoot with just Leelee for Father's Day and Kristen said that Leelee helped Dad comb his hair -- which is probably why he is bald now. Sigh.

Well, for the Bass hall DVD, we did see as much of Leelee as Will (including a clip of Dad holding her in his arms), so . . . hopefully all is equal in the household.

Michele
Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

He did do that People photo shoot with just Leelee for Father's Day and Kristen said that Leelee helped Dad comb his hair -- which is probably why he is bald now. Sigh.
I actually thought LB's hair looked great in this interview. I have come to terms with it. It was so perfect for so long, but he can't be 30 year old LB or, shoot, 59 year-old LB. Time catches up on us all, and even some people who depend on makeup and good lighting have to shed it at some point in the day.

I bet Leelee doesn't do his hair anymore, lol. She was like 2 then and now 11. I'm sure she's concerned with more important things, but LB and Leelee in People is still one of his greatest photo moments ever.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL