Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default OOP Billy B.-penned Everly Bros. will be re-released this year

As The Ledge's resident Everly Brothers fanatic, I just wanted to let you know that the awesome song Thinkin' 'Bout You (which Billy Burnette co-wrote and the Everly's recorded for their 1985 Born Yesterday album) will be part of a re-release hopefully this year. As of now, the CD is OOP and can run you up to $50. The re-release will compile all three albums the Everly's released in the 80's for the Mercury label. Though I'm sure it will have to be a double CD, it will still be cheaper than tracking down the original single CD (unless that's what you must have!). Don't worry about springing for it, either...all three albums have lots of amazing songs on them.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Thanks for this, do you know if Billy played on it?

John
Old 07-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
Thanks for this, do you know if Billy played on it?

John
I do not believe so, but I will double check. It's a really great song..."very Billy". Check your PMs, wetcamelfood.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got the full info on the release. The title is On The Wings Of A Nightingale: The Mercury Studio Recordings (1984-1988). It's a more exclusive thing than I expected...I apologize that it may not be so easy for some of you to obtain as I originally thought. It does not appeaer that even Amazon will carry it...but if you have a particularly "hip-to-rarities" record shop in your neck of the woods, they may. Or perhaps the song will now become available on iTunes?

It will be released August 12th by Hip-O Records:

www.hip-oselect.com
1-800-243-8633

If the Billy song interests you enough to purchase the CD set, I can tell you there is bound to be a least some other songs that you enjoy. The title track is a fantastic song that Paul McCartney wrote for them. Some tracks have a dated-sounding 80's thing going, while others have a more classic sound...but above all is THOSE VOICES (which only got better with time, IMO)!

If you are really just interested in the Billy song, I can burn it for you if you send me a mailer and a buck for postage. Send me a PM and we'll work it out. Don't forget I also have a Phil Everly track which Christine sings backups on.

And, hey, if anyone is opting to purchase the official release...can you burn the bonus track for me?

Last edited by EveryHour; 08-11-2005 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The McCartney penned title track would be worth the price of a double-CD all on its own.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
The McCartney penned title track would be worth the price of a double-CD all on its own.
I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who thinks so!

Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Also, if this is the track you're more interested in, it is from the only album included in the new compilation CD that is still in print on its own. It's called EB84, and it's pretty cheap on Amazon. (The Billy song is from another one of the albums which is no longer in print.)