User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. Wendy telling us the whole Bob story about Christine, was the beginning of the end, of me being her #1 fan. I began to see her darker side.

BuckVie was one of my favorite experiences,ever. So all their "love" was WHAT? Just some fake assed show??? Christine SUCKS in the loyalty department(sorry, John). She does!

And I do think that Wendy was a little nuts,but Bob was her world, and she defended him until her death. I admire that quality. True love!

I agree. I wish I had gotten to know her a little better and be more open minded to what she was saying. Sometimes we let these demi-gods cloud our minds.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I agree. I wish I had gotten to know her a little better and be more open minded to what she was saying. Sometimes we let these demi-gods cloud our minds.
Right? FM members "WERE" the superstars of my life. Lindsey is pretty much the only one I'd give AF to meet, now. Maybe Christine, but she's becoming a doddering old lady now, so I'm not sure I'd want to(plus, holding my tongue about her treatment of Lindsey). Mick's a f*cking idiot. Stevie a complete narcissist. I've never understood a single word John has spoken...

It's weird how 80% of your heroes become greedy old assh*les!

RIP, FM.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I don’t like how the last chapter of the “Soundtrack of my life” band comes to an end I still don’t get all the nastiness and mean spirited posts. Yes we all have our opinions and perspectives etc. This band is a business. Some decisions have to be made and sometimes it doesn’t always keep in mind how it effects the individuals. I don’t like what the new MAC stands for today (no new music and only “hits”) but whatever! Just listen to the music that has been recorded and Sing,Dance and Rock! Life is too short. Enjoy what we have.😎
Old 06-30-2019, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As much as I don’t like how the last chapter of the “Soundtrack of my life” band comes to an end I still don’t get all the nastiness and mean spirited posts. Yes we all have our opinions and perspectives etc. This band is a business. Some decisions have to be made and sometimes it doesn’t always keep in mind how it effects the individuals. I don’t like what the new MAC stands for today (no new music and only “hits”) but whatever! Just listen to the music that has been recorded and Sing,Dance and Rock! Life is too short. Enjoy what we have.😎
Just keep in mind that all the nastiness you’re talking about was started by Mick and Stevie, when they lied about Lindsey’s reasons to “leave” the band. You can’t get nastier than that. We’re just fans, they were supposed to be his family.

I won’t EVER get over what they did to him. If someone doesn’t like my posts and how I pour all my anger/sadness/frustration in them, they can always skip them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's been over a year and I still can't listen to them.
Every time I start to I think about what they did to him...then I have to turn it off. Even the Danny Kirwan stuff bothers me now, how they tossed him and Bob. I heard a new interview w/Mick, first I've heard from any of them in forever....and he sounded like a shill. What Lindsey said in the beginning about legacy was so true...and at the time I didn't really think about it.
If bands were colors the Beatles would be white, the Rolling Stones would be black.
Now, if you were to ask me what 'color' is Fleetwood Mac, I'd say crap stain brown.

Last edited by lennonfan; 06-30-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The article is right.

I love Fleetwood Mac. But they really need to stop now.

They've done the extra tour, Mick's got his money.

But the diabolical sound at Wembley just summed them up. A band with no purpose just raking in the money from their fans.

For the sake of their legacy, they need to call it a day.

Christine is nearly 76. Her voice is shot. She can't go on.

Lindsey leaving should've been the end.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
The article is right.

I love Fleetwood Mac. But they really need to stop now.

They've done the extra tour, Mick's got his money.

But the diabolical sound at Wembley just summed them up. A band with no purpose just raking in the money from their fans.

For the sake of their legacy, they need to call it a day.

Christine is nearly 76. Her voice is shot. She can't go on.

Lindsey leaving should've been the end.

Yep! I agree...the curtain has closed.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. Wendy telling us the whole Bob story about Christine, was the beginning of the end, of me being her #1 fan. I began to see her darker side.

BuckVie was one of my favorite experiences,ever. So all their "love" was WHAT? Just some fake assed show??? Christine SUCKS in the loyalty department(sorry, John). She does!

And I do think that Wendy was a little nuts, but Bob was her world, and she defended him until her death. I admire that quality. True love!
The disavowal of Bob Welch was awful. Wendy was unhinged toward the end, but she was grieving hard.

None of that affected my love for Christine, since the pull for me has always been the music. Bob’s decision to sue his former band mates was bound to have serious consequences—no matter how technically correct he may have been in doing so.

But Christine’s participation in this tour is beyond disappointing—as is John’s. I expected this from Mick.

What really saddens me most is that she could have spent the year working on more new music with or without her creative pal—instead of falling in with the Stevie Nicks and Players Heritage Company.

Still, I love her voice. Her songs. It would take more then band politics for me to change my mind and heart about that.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right? FM members "WERE" the superstars of my life. Lindsey is pretty much the only one I'd give AF to meet, now. Maybe Christine, but she's becoming a doddering old lady now, so I'm not sure I'd want to(plus, holding my tongue about her treatment of Lindsey). Mick's a f*cking idiot. Stevie a complete narcissist. I've never understood a single word John has spoken...

I miss the days when John used to talk. He had a wonderful wry sense of humor and I’m sorry we haven’t seen any glimpses of his personality in years now.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I miss the days when John used to talk. He had a wonderful wry sense of humor and I’m sorry we haven’t seen any glimpses of his personality in years now.
Wet brain....

Old 07-01-2019, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Just keep in mind that all the nastiness you’re talking about was started by Mick and Stevie, when they lied about Lindsey’s reasons to “leave” the band. You can’t get nastier than that. We’re just fans, they were supposed to be his family.

I won’t EVER get over what they did to him. If someone doesn’t like my posts and how I pour all my anger/sadness/frustration in them, they can always skip them.
I love you!

And we're HERE to give our opinions. Not suck up like we're on some idiotic Stevie board. Say WTF you think!

Old Goat Breath and Dick RUINED the end of the band that was the soundtrack to MANY of our lives. I hope they're happy. And both rot....
Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Not to mention, crushing someone with a firing and ghosting. That's nastier than anything I've ever seen them do.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm convinced he doesn't care who is up there. My favorite moment is when John says "Thank you!!!" at the end of Hypmotized on the 1975 tour. He sounds absolutely smashed.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is all so true. It feels very weird that I cannot, in good conscience, support the band. This is the first tour I've missed since the 1980s. The thing that is so hard to comprehend is the sold-out crowds. Who are these people? I can't support the band because of their unconscionable treatment of Lindsey, but I also think it's really creepy and weird that they're dragging Neil Finn and Mike Campbell around. I missed Lindsey when Rick and Billy were in the band, but I didn't feel utter disdain and embarrassment for them. I even went to see them on tour back then, and I own the TITN video. But THIS incarnation just feels like a crotchety, past-their-prime gaggle of old codgers/hucksters who need to pack it in. I wouldn't feel this way if Lindsey were with them because it'd be our old band touring. But this...they just seem like a bunch of corny hacks. It sounds stupid, I know, but I really miss loving them. They've been a huge part of my life. I'm grateful for the like-minded people here on The Ledge.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love you!

And we're HERE to give our opinions. Not suck up like we're on some idiotic Stevie board. Say WTF you think!

Old Goat Breath and Dick RUINED the end of the band that was the soundtrack to MANY of our lives. I hope they're happy. And both rot....
I’m sure they don’t care at all. As long as they make $$$$, Lindsey can die tomorrow and none of them will stop touring.

But they “love the guy”. Yeah, right Christine, I’m sure you do.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.