The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 05-20-2007, 01:07 PM
gypsysoul's Avatar
gypsysoul gypsysoul is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 300
Default

Kiss and tell books are a hazard of being in the public eye.
I personally don't like them because they are usually just bitter gripes from someone who is mad/sad about the end of a relationship but they do have an audience.

The best we can hope for from this book is that since it comes many years after the event there may be an element of mature reflection in it. Also that if Carol (or her ghost writer ) is a decent writer she might be able to evoke the era in an entertaining way.

However, I've read on other boards that her appearances on tv suggest a rather sad, pathetic woman still living in the past who claims she still loves LB and who can't get her story about his alleged violence straight.
So the signs are not good but we'll see.

Generally - considering the musical and human content of the FM story, I'm suprised there aren't any really good books about them by decent music biographers.

As for books from band members, the only two I would trust to tell the tale reasonably accurately are Lindsey himself and Christine. I think we'd get a pretty good account if the two decided to pool their respective memories. But ofcourse that is never going to happen.
And Kelly I agree with you, despite his other issues, I've always thought LB and Christine were the classiest members of the band.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Tee Dee Tee Dee is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 231
Default

Let's see -- Carol Ann Harris

Help me out here guys. Is she the woman hanging on Lindsey in the video named "Mick's Lost Japan Tapes" ?

The video is from the 1977 Rumours Tour...in one shot, it shows the band getting on an airplane. Stevie is sitting in first class. Enter Lindsey and Blonde Bimbo. Stevie says something like "You, get in the back. Band members only." Lindsey, obediently takes a seat and fastens his seat belt, and this silent, sluggish woman, slinks to the back of the plane.

Later this same woman is seen constantly hanging on Lindsey.

Is that our girl??? ... Carol Ann???

T.D.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
danax6 danax6 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stevie's nether land.
Posts: 4,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
The video is from the 1977 Rumours Tour...in one shot, it shows the band getting on an airplane. Stevie is sitting in first class. Enter Lindsey and Blonde Bimbo. Stevie says something like "You, get in the back. Band members only." Lindsey, obediently takes a seat and fastens his seat belt, and this silent, sluggish woman, slinks to the back of the plane.
That's the one. Isn't that part hilarious?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I feel so much better when people misinterpret my heavy-handed sarcasm and take personal offense to it. Maybe I should post some pictures of Lindsey at Pearl Harbor or posing with Hitler in Paris.
i knew what you meant... and quite frankly i'm all that matters..
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-22-2007, 06:25 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,922
Default

Ok here's my take... I'm going to settle this once again....

It's story tellin.... that's all it is... Lindsey Buckingham does not need anyone in this forum to defend him.. Based on many historical accounts... it's safe to say LB has had some physical altercations.... Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...

Anyway, she has the right to tell her story from her point of view... (contractual stuff aside) Is it tacky? Probably... Should she feel guilty about doing it? NO!!! She put up w/ him and his antics for 8 years and if she wants to make it public she has every right to do so. My guess is this book won't make a whole lot of scratch... Quite honestly beyond this board.... I don't think many people care... C'mon people he was in a rock band... do you have any idea what goes on in superstar rock bands.... I'm shocked there wasn't more of this....

Now everyone chill and have a snort of whiskey or somethin....

PS Christine threw a drink in Lindsey's face, I liked her more after that...
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Michelle Daya Michelle Daya is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok here's my take... I'm going to settle this once again....

It's story tellin.... that's all it is... Lindsey Buckingham does not need anyone in this forum to defend him.. Based on many historical accounts... it's safe to say LB has had some physical altercations.... Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...

Anyway, she has the right to tell her story from her point of view... (contractual stuff aside) Is it tacky? Probably... Should she feel guilty about doing it? NO!!! She put up w/ him and his antics for 8 years and if she wants to make it public she has every right to do so. My guess is this book won't make a whole lot of scratch... Quite honestly beyond this board.... I don't think many people care... C'mon people he was in a rock band... do you have any idea what goes on in superstar rock bands.... I'm shocked there wasn't more of this....

Now everyone chill and have a snort of whiskey or somethin....

PS Christine threw a drink in Lindsey's face, I liked her more after that...
totally agree & as much as i love lb, he deserved a drink thrown in his face. he was being a beyotch.

as for that story about the plane, wow was stevie a beyotch or what. as lb's gf, carol ann should have stood up for herself & told her to go to hell or really as the man, lb should have jealous or not, she should have had some respect for who he was dating & living with & he should have had a spine. who was the bigger wimp? lb or his gf? can't say i blame her for writing the book .
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
henryscutter's Avatar
henryscutter henryscutter is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
totally agree & as much as i love lb, he deserved a drink thrown in his face. he was being a beyotch.

as for that story about the plane, wow was stevie a beyotch or what. as lb's gf, carol ann should have stood up for herself & told her to go to hell or really as the man, lb should have jealous or not, she should have had some respect for who he was dating & living with & he should have had a spine. who was the bigger wimp? lb or his gf? can't say i blame her for writing the book .
I saw that clip and I think Stevie was just making a joke about CAH standing there looking like a flight attendant or something LB and CAH look all stoned and just look around like duh what?
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
I saw that clip and I think Stevie was just making a joke about CAH standing there looking like a flight attendant or something LB and CAH look all stoned and just look around like duh what?
haha yeah i remember them looking like zombies... and LB getting pissed at mick and christine cos he didn't want to do interviews w/ the radio... i loved Lindsey of the rumours era!!! lol
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 PM
SNLB SNLB is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 178
Default

Can I find this on Youtube? Would love to see it!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:32 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
She is not the only one to allege LB is violent Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.
Correct. No publisher in their right mind would put out a book like this without vetting it first.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:40 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Ann Harris is.
Don't you think you should read the book first and then decide what her intentions in writing it were?
I think that there are few people here who would not do the same thing if they were in her position. I'm sure she's getting a nice chunk of change.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
After slapping her, he then threw her over the hood of a car and two men had to pull him off of her
Mick also added in his account in his book that it was not the first time Lindsey had done this to Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
many on many would agree with her there - just ask Lennon's son from his first marriage
I would tend to agree that Julian hasn't been treated very kindly.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
Let's see -- Carol Ann Harris

Help me out here guys. Is she the woman hanging on Lindsey in the video named "Mick's Lost Japan Tapes" ?

The video is from the 1977 Rumours Tour...in one shot, it shows the band getting on an airplane. Stevie is sitting in first class. Enter Lindsey and Blonde Bimbo. Stevie says something like "You, get in the back. Band members only." Lindsey, obediently takes a seat and fastens his seat belt, and this silent, sluggish woman, slinks to the back of the plane.
That's actually not what happens. Stevie is being facetious, making some kind of dig at Lindsey and Carol sits right next to him.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-23-2007, 02:05 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hell if someone wrote about Christine beating up Dennis I would be adoring that person...
It probably wouldn't be too hard as Dennis was usually out of his gourd during that period.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Stevie Nicks autograph. Fleetwood Mac. Signed. Signature. Custom matted. Rare
$399.0
Stevie Nicks autograph. Fleetwood Mac. Signed. Signature. Custom matted. Rare pictureSTEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15" x 10" Concert Photo
$300.0
STEVIE NICKS & FLEETWOOD MAC @ WINTERLAND SF 15STEVIE NICKS photo disc FREE MUSIC GIFT / READ FOR DETAILS
$99.99
STEVIE NICKS  photo disc   FREE MUSIC  GIFT / READ  FOR DETAILS  pictureSTEVIE NICKS 1 BOX WITH 54 POKER PLAYING CARDS - ARGENTINA - NIB
$40.5
STEVIE NICKS 1 BOX WITH 54 POKER PLAYING CARDS - ARGENTINA - NIB  pictureMELBOURNE STEVIE NICKS FEETWOOD MAC LETTER O MUSICIAN SERIES Hard Rock Cafe PIN
$39.99
MELBOURNE STEVIE NICKS FEETWOOD MAC LETTER O MUSICIAN SERIES Hard Rock Cafe PIN picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved