Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
and will never purchase a cd or ticket of his again!
That's unfortunate for Lindsey... But more unfortunate for yourself.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey is a very nice man who cares about putting on the best show for his fans. I am sure that he feels just terrible about the whole venue fiasco. I am sure that something will be worked out somehow. Let's not be too quick to judge him.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Lindsey is a very nice man who cares about putting on the best show for his fans. I am sure that he feels just terrible about the whole venue fiasco. I am sure that something will be worked out somehow. Let's not be too quick to judge him.

Very well said.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I totally agree with you and will never purchase a cd or ticket of his again!
He owes these people a free show for the inconvience! And I have been at mac shows where the sound was horible no I didn't leave either, Hey Lindsay
grow up !
A free show ??????????? Come on - give Linds a break!! He did what he felt he had to do - cancel the show ! If he had gone ahead with the show and either sounded like **** or just in a bad mood, then everyone would be talking about that right now. I would much prefer a great sounding Lindsey then for him to put on a show that was not a quality one. Just my opinion.

Btw - it's LINDSEY , please!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsay
Very mature.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When it was suggested to the venue by Lindsey’s audio team to allow them to bring in additional sound-reinforcement gear from Lindsey’s truck, the venue turned them down. The venue clearly stated to Lindsey’s tour manager that Lindsey must use the existing sound gear as is. Even when Lindsey’s tour manager explained to the venue that the sound system in the building was not what was represented to Lindsey’s audio technicians when doing their "advance" on the show; they still refused to allow the additional gear to enter the building.
I am more curious as to what the venue's problem is. Why shouldn't a professional be allowed to bring in "additional sound-reinforcement gear" especially since "the sound system in the building was not what was represented to Lindsey’s audio technicians when doing their advance on the show." Sounds like the venue was caught misrepresenting their equipment and probably felt insulted when they told their equipment doesn't quite measure up. If anyone had a babytant it was the venue...IMO.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Really?... Doesn't take much.
Read the whole post, not just the last sentence. Notice the quotes? Notice the "I don't think too many people would walk away from a Lindsey Buckingham solo show thinking..."
???
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I think people are really too quick to jump on him considering no one was actually present during the discussions Lindsey/his crew had with the venue. That's just my two cents. No offense...please.
I don't think he's necessarily actually that spoiled or that any of this is as simple as we're making it. But I'm just responding to peoples' reactions that "well if it would have made Lindsey unhappy, then I fully support him" and "it's better to cancel a show than to put one on with less than perfect sound." I don't buy it. If less than perfect sound really makes Lindsey that unhappy, and if you would rather not see him than see him with less than perfect sound, there's something wrong with both of you. If that was the case, he would never play in arenas and you would never go see him play in arenas.

But there's almost certainly more to the story. Even if it's just that he couldn't use his delays and samples and fancy effects or something. That would alter the arrangements of the songs enough that I can understand him not wanting to play without them.

Last edited by Little Nicki; 04-12-2007 at 10:44 AM..
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a prima donna. **shaking my head.** It's not that surprising that he ended up cancelling and certainly it's his prerogative, but as a fan, I'd rather see Lindsey with just okay sound than no Lindsey at all. I'm sorry for everyone who was supposed to attend.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Ledgie

Prima Donna?? The man was just trying to put on the best show he can! Obviously something went wrong with either Lindsey's advance team or the venue folks falsely portrayed the venue itself as being up to sound specs..
Old 04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Prima Donna?? The man was just trying to put on the best show he can! Obviously something went wrong with either Lindsey's advance team or the venue folks falsely portrayed the venue itself as being up to sound specs..
Really, I didn't come over here to hate on Lindsey. I use the term in the least judgemental way possible. I respect him and his talent. I just think the more fan-friendly, less prima donna-ish response would have been to do the show and tell the audience from the beginning that there may be some sound problems, but he apologizes because it's out of his and his soundman's control. You know, make the best of the situation and soldier on, rather than demand his way or the highway.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen several shows at this venue the sound is very good nothing wrong with the PA whatsoever someone was being a baby! guess who?
yeah, uh, didn't you say earlier that you hadn't seen his show? forgive me if i'm wrong in assuming that you haven't noticed the equipment he's been using. it's serious equipment. not in-house type ****.

your very first post on this board was a borderline bash.. something about it being OK if you had to miss lindsey but not stevie.. some trash like that. why don't you just go back where you belong if you don't like lindsey, instead of forcing the ones who do to defend him?

he cancelled a show because the venue managers wouldn't let him use his own equipment. however many shows up to this point.. this is the first place to do so, this is the first cancellation. everybody's getting a refund. now you, mr. "somebody's being a baby".. don't listen to his music, don't buy his cds, and don't go to his shows. just take your ball and go home.

if the venue didn't tell lindsey in advance that he couldn't use his own equipment, it's their fault and he has every right to be pissed. period.

Last edited by Sarah; 04-12-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A true primadonna would have immediately left the building. It is my understanding Lindsey and crew were there for a number of hours trying to work things out to no avail. It is also my understanding that it was upsetting to Lindsey and crew that things could not be worked out. It seems the venue cared less about attendees else they would have allowed the addition of equipment....what would that have hurt? Obviously, Lindsey's techs are professional. The person who is making sound equipment decisions at the venue: "It is necessary to make proper arrangements for sound and lighting equipment through the Rococo Theatre Event Planner."
Old 04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
A true primadonna would have immediately left the building. It is my understanding Lindsey and crew were there for a number of hours trying to work things out to no avail. It is also my understanding that it was upsetting to Lindsey and crew that things could not be worked out. It seems the venue cared less about attendees else they would have allowed the addition of equipment....what would that have hurt? Obviously, Lindsey's techs are professional. The person who is making sound equipment decisions at the venue: "It is necessary to make proper arrangements for sound and lighting equipment through the Rococo Theatre Event Planner."
Of course the venue has just as much responsiblity to be flexible and make compromises to meet the needs of the artists and their fans. The ultimate responsiblity for this cancellation falls on Lindsey, however, because he is the one who decided to walk out.
I should also add that when Stevie cancelled shows I was supposed to attend during TISL and SYW, I was pretty po'd. Even though she was sick, had no control over that fact, and probably would have put on a sh*tty performance that would have disappointed me, I was upset that I didn't get to use my front row tickets and have that concert experience. Hence my reaction to this.
But hey, life goes on.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From the Rococo website

http://rococotheatre.com/
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM CANCELS LINCOLN CONCERT.

Lindsey Buckingham cancelled his Lincoln, NE concert last night (April 11,
2007) sighting issues he had with production due to his own management and
sound crew. Rococo staff and management were put off by his diva-like
behavior in declaring our beautiful facility a "f--king sh-thole" and
wondered if he always felt it necessary to be so rude to people who are
simply trying to put on a good show.
After an hour of sound check (and only one hour before doors) Lindsey
Buckingham rehearsed a couple of songs and proclaimed that he was done. I
can only speculate as to the disappointment of the six hundred and some odd
fans who arrived (from some very far away places) to find the show
cancelled.

As Director of Events I want to apologize on Lindsey's behalf. The Rococo
Theatre has never had a performer cancel a show. NEVER. Sound system and
the physical layout of the theatre are well known to the promoters that
brought Lindsey to Lincoln and any misrepresentation was not on the part of
the Rococo staff. In an effort to notify fans, the marquee was changed and
statements were issued to local radio stations immediately.

Online purchases through etix.com will automatically be refunded within a
week. If you purchased the tickets at the Rococo Box Office a staff member
will contact you in the coming days to arrange a refund.