User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
My only disappointment, really, is that they omitted my two favorite songs from the new record ("On With the Show" and "Carnival Begin"), but the ones they DID play were fabulous.

Can anyone supply me the names of the drummer and bass player? I need them if I am going to write a proper review of the show for my website.
The drummer is Jimmy Paxson -- he played with Stevie on a tour or two. I don't remember which ones, like Crystal Visions or something in 2007. Don't know the bass player. Sorry.

I also went to the Boston show last night. And also sad they didn't play my two favorites - On with the Show and Carnival Begin. But I cried when I heard "Hold Me" for the first time live.

But I had a great time down front. Christine and Lindsey were having fun! And they both sounded great! That's my two cents.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."

Last edited by PoetofRhiannon; 06-29-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Old 06-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

The show was awesome! So much energy and love in the place. Chris was definitely playing a lot of keyboards, and Lindsey was his usual amazing self. They were interacting so much, it was a joy to see. GYOW, he was singing the "shackin up is all you wanna do" line to her, and she was mouthing, "No. YOU. It's all YOU wanna do." The funniest moment of the night for me came after his speech about them still having so much chemistry. He went in for a fist bump and she clearly had no idea what he was doing. She gave him a thumbs up instead, and he ended up lightly punching her knuckles and giving her a thumbs up back. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. And I would join the ranks of people cautioning you not to judge the sound by youtube videos. So different live.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Children! Stop bickering and bashing the mods for some imaginary censorship! I locked that DC thread - any thread starter has an option to lock their own thread if they don't like where it's going. Locking it did achieve exact purpose i wanted - move the bickering to the next show thread.

peace and love!

Unfortunately, I figured as much.

I was nearly through with a response to you in that thread
and you locked it so quickly after your last response that I
couldn't post it.

Without posting that complete response again, I find your words
more than a little condescending to vivfox and myself in the
closed thread.

I think most people understand that you can't judge a "concert's"
sound based on videos recorded with phones and the like. For
that matter, not even professionally recorded multi-track recordings
come close to what it actually sounds like at a live concert.

I've been to enough concerts to understand that sometimes we
get starstruck and we fool ourselves in to making the show or
performance better than it actually was. And I'm guessing Elle
that you might be guilty of that in this case.

As I've already said, I'm a big fan of Lindsey and Christine and
am wishing them a very successful tour. I hope for more music
from them. But what those YouTube videos do tell us is that their
voices are weak and off-key in many instances.

What surprises me even more is their musicianship. Maybe
Christine is suffering from arthritis like many have suggested.
But I don't understand what happened to Lindsey. And for
him it's not just this tour. If it's just a different approach,
I don't like it. I want the Rocker back!
Old 06-29-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I was at the Boston show last night, and it was great. Both Lindsey and Christine sounded very good, vocally. The set list was absolutely brilliant. By ending with a beautiful new song (the fabulous "Game of Pretend") INSTEAD of "Songbird," they were making a real statement: "we are NOT Fleetwood Mac, and we don't have to follow the same old set-in-stone format."

The little acoustic set that started the show worked really well. It didn't even really matter which four songs they did (although "Wish You Were Here" was a perfect choice, and performed beautifully); just to see the two of them together on stage was a thrill. And it was obvious they felt the same. There was genuine affection and gratitude flowing between the two of them all night. Did anyone else notice the little joking gestures Lindsey made toward Christine during "Go Your Own Way"? Then he went over and nuzzled up next to her with his guitar as if to say, "Did you get it? Did you get the joke I just made?"

It's true that Lindsey carried more of the lead vocals than Christine, but he does have a stronger voice, and he is used to being the band leader. When she did take the lead vocal, she sounded really good. She was definitely playing real keyboards on several of the songs, including the ethereal "Game of Pretend." There's no reason to suppose that any of the vocals were pre-recorded; after all, there were three other skilled vocalists in the band and they were able to provide all the singing that was needed.

My only disappointment, really, is that they omitted my two favorite songs from the new record ("On With the Show" and "Carnival Begin"), but the ones they DID play were fabulous.

Can anyone supply me the names of the drummer and bass player? I need them if I am going to write a proper review of the show for my website.
This review makes me want to go so badly. I still have weeks to go. DEN/LAS/LAX
Old 06-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
The show was awesome! So much energy and love in the place. Chris was definitely playing a lot of keyboards, and Lindsey was his usual amazing self. They were interacting so much, it was a joy to see. GYOW, he was singing the "shackin up is all you wanna do" line to her, and she was mouthing, "No. YOU. It's all YOU wanna do." The funniest moment of the night for me came after his speech about them still having so much chemistry. He went in for a fist bump and she clearly had no idea what he was doing. She gave him a thumbs up instead, and he ended up lightly punching her knuckles and giving her a thumbs up back. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. And I would join the ranks of people cautioning you not to judge the sound by youtube videos. So different live.
Glad that those who went to the show last night are leaving their reviews! And they also enjoyed it so much! This thread became a declaration of war instead of a thread to post reviews in a matter of hours. Not that my opinion matters but, anyway...

Pennylane, you love personal details as much as I!

Thank you for all those small moments you were able to capture with your attentive eyes! I hope they do that GYOW thing on my concerts too!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The show was awesome! So much energy and love in the place. Chris was definitely playing a lot of keyboards, and Lindsey was his usual amazing self. They were interacting so much, it was a joy to see. GYOW, he was singing the "shackin up is all you wanna do" line to her, and she was mouthing, "No. YOU. It's all YOU wanna do."
i know re GYOW! i always wanna dance and sing and jump around during GYOW so i didn't want to record it, but in DC as he was singing the shackin up line to her she was doing a whole little acting schtick, flirting and going "who me?" or something like that, i want to look for videos of it to see whether somebody has captured it. it was so cute, and apparently she does a different one every night! (i didn't notice her doing that in Raleigh). so that's a part to definitely record if possible. they do it with so much joy and fun.

Quote:
All in all, it was a wonderful experience. And I would join the ranks of people cautioning you not to judge the sound by youtube videos. So different live.
noooooo, don't you know people like you and i are just being deluded and starstruck into thinking this and we don't really know what we are hearing!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

noooooo, don't you know people like you and i are just being deluded and starstruck into thinking this and we don't really know what we are hearing!
yep, i knew it.....Lindsey could fart GYOW and you would think it was better than the original!!!
Old 06-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HEY, there's a pink elephant standing in the corner!!!!

Or is that only MY perception?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This review makes me want to go so badly. I still have weeks to go. DEN/LAS/LAX
In Denver I'll be the one in the audience singing Stevie's part on Hold Me.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yep, i knew it.....Lindsey could fart GYOW and you would think it was better than the original!!!
I wonder if he could actually do that?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
In Denver I'll be the one in the audience singing Stevie's part on Hold Me.
we should meet up and say hello!
Old 06-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
we should meet up and say hello!
If I do wind up going I would love to.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
If I do wind up going I would love to.
I'm a pussy cat in person. And if I"m wearing my Wild Heart shirt you have to promise not to tell anyone I was wearing it...
Old 06-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm a pussy cat in person. And if I"m wearing my Wild Heart shirt you have to promise not to tell anyone I was wearing it...
I've got one, too(burgundy WH)!

I took my "large" Tusk baseball jersey to Nashville, to wear to BuckVie. But apparently a 1980 large isn't the same as a 2017 large. Because someone is too fat to wear it(without embarrassment)!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You can set your secrets free. See what I did there?

Last edited by gldstwmn; 06-30-2017 at 12:45 PM..