User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Houston peeps

Who's going to the Houston concert? I'll be there in the 2nd row.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

i'll be there in the 3rd row...still looking to get rid of an extra 5th row center ticket i have...any takers?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Ledgie

Wondergirl, I too will be in the second row with my brother. I sure hope he plays "Steal Your Heart Away"! I will be trying him to play "It's Not That Funny". He may crack a smile at that suggestion! "Countdown" is another one I will be hoping for!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Houston show

Hello all---

I'll be on the seventh row. I can't wait...this is my first time to see Lindsey live. The only chances I've had were when FM came through town, but it never worked out that I could go when they were here. I never imagined that Lindsey would come through Houston solo!

I've intentionally not looked at any of the set lists that have been posted. I sincerely hope he shakes things up a little compared to the first leg of the tour. Of course, we all know Lindsey---he's not exactly into change, particularly when it comes to live shows. I've never really understood that, though, because his playing style and unique approach to music seem to imply a willingness to experiment. It's strange that this never crossed over to his live shows, at least, in terms of set lists. The guy is talented---he'd have no problem playing a whole set off the cuff. Of course, it might throw off the supporting musicians and their sequenced bits.

Anyway, I'll be happy no matter what he plays. If I had a chance to talk to him before the show, I'd request "What Makes You Think You're the One," "Street of Dreams," "D.W. Suite" and "Cast Away Dreams." If I were feeling brave, I might even suggest "Stephanie." *grin*

Realistically, though, I don't expect that he'll play ANY of those songs except maybe "Cast Away Dreams." "Steal Your Heart Away" and "Bleed to Love Her" would be good, too, though. Oh, and "Say Goodbye." See, now I'm getting carried away...

mattl

ps---"Walk a Thin Line" would be great to hear, too!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Hello all---

mattl
Have fun, Matt! You'll have a blast! Please post more often, I've missed you already after a few posts! At least surprise us with a nice eloquent and critical review.

I wish you a night to remember!

Gerald

Old 01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll try to write down the set list if I'm able. My wife always calls me a music nerd, which is a title I wear proudly. *grin*

mattl
Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk57 View Post
Wondergirl, I too will be in the second row with my brother. I sure hope he plays "Steal Your Heart Away"! I will be trying him to play "It's Not That Funny". He may crack a smile at that suggestion! "Countdown" is another one I will be hoping for!!!!
Were you in the middle section? I was on the second row...middle section towards the left end of the row. OMG, are YOU the guy who yelled out Not That Funny?! Are YOU the one who told that front row guy to sit the eff down? LMAO!!!!!

I got a "shoutout" by Lindsey. I held up my Lindsey Rules sign during some song (ACK, I forgot which one! Tusk?) and he acknowledged it!! He pointed at me and went "YEAH!!" The front row guy thought he pointed at him...uh, no. LOL
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Ledgie

Hey Wondergirl, I saw you at the show, just to the left of me holding that "Lindsey Rules" sign. I didn't know what you looked like, so I didn't say anything to you. I was I had. I've been reading your comments on the Ledge for years. You and I agree on ISA. I LOVE that song! It was my brother who tangled with the front row guy who was blocking out the sun. Wasn't that wild!? I could just imagine the two of them rolling around on the floor trading blows right in front of Lindsey as he reached the climax of ISA! That would have been great! Ha ha. I'm one of those guys who lurks on the ledge but rarely posts. I love to read all of the Ledgies comments. I'm moving back to Los Angeles next week. I hope to catch Lindsey out there on the third leg. I am thrilled the Dallas show will be out on DVD!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Awesome!

I should start holding up a sign that says Ledgies? so everyone will come over and say hello. LOL I can never remember where people say they are sitting. Before the show started, I was looking around for any familiar faces or to see if anyone would recognize me from my MySpace pic or something. Nobody came over. I wish I had known you were right beside me!

I seriously thought your brother was going to kick that guys' a$$. LMAO! He was annoying as frick!

ISA is the greatest song ever written. End of story. LOL
Old 02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk57 View Post
Hey Wondergirl, I saw you at the show, just to the left of me holding that "Lindsey Rules" sign. I didn't know what you looked like, so I didn't say anything to you. I was I had. I've been reading your comments on the Ledge for years. You and I agree on ISA. I LOVE that song! It was my brother who tangled with the front row guy who was blocking out the sun. Wasn't that wild!? I could just imagine the two of them rolling around on the floor trading blows right in front of Lindsey as he reached the climax of ISA! That would have been great! Ha ha. I'm one of those guys who lurks on the ledge but rarely posts. I love to read all of the Ledgies comments. I'm moving back to Los Angeles next week. I hope to catch Lindsey out there on the third leg. I am thrilled the Dallas show will be out on DVD!!!!
That's hilarious! I was sitting a few seats away from lardo on the front row and remember laughing my butt off when the guy behind him told him to sit down. The guy was huge and it wasn't fair to the entire room for him to be standing up!! I think I saw small objects orbiting around him. I was on the front row four seats from the end on the left. I have some awesome video of him about two inches away during GYOW. I didn't even have to use the zoom!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycicada View Post
I have some awesome video of him about two inches away during GYOW. I didn't even have to use the zoom!
That video is TITS! How did you manage to keep still that close?? Are you planning on putting on youtube?

Edit: the visuals anyway. The audio is scratchy. As they are avi there are to large for youtube, but if you want I can convert (reduce size) and then you can upload. Let me now Jonathan.

Last edited by BTFLCHLD; 02-01-2007 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: :)
Old 02-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
That video is TITS! How did you manage to keep still that close?? Are you planning on putting on youtube?

Edit: the visuals anyway. The audio is scratchy. As they are avi there are to large for youtube, but if you want I can convert (reduce size) and then you can upload. Let me now Jonathan.
It was hard keeping the camera still while he was inches from me. Keep in mind, no zoom! He literally was that close!

You're talking chinese to me so feel free to convert, change, edit, etc. whatever you like. I can certainly upload to YouTube. Thanks Niki, you rock.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycicada View Post
my bad...it is less than 100mb so you can upload to youtube as is...
for chitsngiggles I just made this...