The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 PM
kara kara is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 42
Smile Questions About Kristen

I have 2 questions. Does anyone know how Lindsey & Kristen meet? & how old is she?
__________________
Angel please don't go. I miss you when you're gone.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:34 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,672
Default

Lindsey says he met Kristen when his record label hired her to do some publicity photos. She lingered after, he recalls.

There have been other rumors that he met her through her first husband, but all of the interviews say he met her when she was working as a photographer.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
kara kara is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey says he met Kristen when his record label hired her to do some publicity photos. She lingered after, he recalls.

There have been other rumors that he met her through her first husband, but all of the interviews say he met her when she was working as a photographer.

Michele

I didn't know Kristen was previously married. I read that they met when she did the photography for The Damce.
__________________
Angel please don't go. I miss you when you're gone.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I didn't know Kristen was previously married. I read that they met when she did the photography for The Damce.
I don't think she was working on Dance photography, probably for his solo stuff that did not get off the ground at that time.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:58 PM
kara kara is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 42
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think she was working on Dance photography, probably for his solo stuff that did not get off the ground at that time.

Michele

Thanks. That's interesting.
__________________
Angel please don't go. I miss you when you're gone.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I didn't know Kristen was previously married.
Apparently, twice. She was credited in a movie as Brittney Hansen and press stated she was Gale Hansen's wife. She was also married to Gary Briggs, who was a WB A&R man, now with New West Records.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,672
Default

It was discussed here. http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...sen#post806128

Actually, I don't think Gale Hansen was ever married to Kristen. I don't think he'd go out of his way to change his IMDB so emphatically -- so that it calls attention to the marriage issue, even to people who aren't even questioning it -- if there was a public marriage or divorce record of him being espoused to anyone but his current wife.

There's proof that Kristen was married and divorced from Briggs.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2012, 06:42 AM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It was discussed here. http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...sen#post806128

Actually, I don't think Gale Hansen was ever married to Kristen. I don't think he'd go out of his way to change his IMDB so emphatically -- so that it calls attention to the marriage issue, even to people who aren't even questioning it -- if there was a public marriage or divorce record of him being espoused to anyone but his current wife.

There's proof that Kristen was married and divorced from Briggs.

Michele
Well, it's bizarre that she was publicized as Gale's wife if she wasn't, with the same last name, unless they were siblings & if that was the case then somebody's bio is all jacked up. As for not claiming the marriage, I had a brief first marriage that I would just as soon write off my books. I could see how someone might want to erase any record, especially if there was bad taste left - and no kids.

I wasn't aware there was "proof" about the divorce from Briggs, on paper anyway:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...&postcount=147
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream

Last edited by CADreaming : 06-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
holidayroad's Avatar
holidayroad holidayroad is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Down Endless Street
Posts: 5,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara View Post
I have 2 questions. Does anyone know how Lindsey & Kristen meet? & how old is she?
I thought I read somewhere that she was born in either 1970 or 1971. Does that sound accurate to anyone?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 AM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I thought I read somewhere that she was born in either 1970 or 1971. Does that sound accurate to anyone?
Yeah, I read 1970. Feb. 28th, I think.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 AM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

Holy crap, she's a lot younger than I thought. I thought she was like 50.. not early 40s (nothing to do with the way she looks, just something I assumed).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Ashley Ashley is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 68
Default

So, Kristen was born in 1970. When watching Lindsey's Behind the Music, she sounds so young.
__________________
Ashley

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
\

I wasn't aware there was "proof" about the divorce from Briggs, on paper anyway:
Yes, the divorce was a normal dissolution matter and on the Los Angeles Superior Court website, with the complete docket listing all filings in the matter and the date the divorce was final.

I think it's rather easy for a press release to say people are married when they are not, whether the error is intentional or otherwise. Sonny and Cher lied about being married for years. The reason they really couldn't marry is that they became famous as a singing duo before his divorce from his first wife was final. So, they didn't marry until 1969. Before that there were hundreds, if not thousands of press accounts saying they were married.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
WildHearted's Avatar
WildHearted WildHearted is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,136
Default

Heck, there are articles naming Lindsey and Stevie as ex-husband and ex-wife.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, it's bizarre that she was publicized as Gale's wife if she wasn't, with the same last name, unless they were siblings & if that was the case then somebody's bio is all jacked up. As for not claiming the marriage, I had a brief first marriage that I would just as soon write off my books. I could see how someone might want to erase any record, especially if there was bad taste left - and no kids.
Gale Hansen is doing more than not claiming the marriage. His bio is unusual for IMDB in that he emphasizes that his current wife has been his ONLY wife since 1986. I think he is saying that claims to the contrary are a big fat lie and I believe him. Marriage, birth and death certificates are a matter of public record and the information is all online these days. Just as name changes and divorces filings are. If the entry in his bio was false that could be easily established by the same people who made him want to clarify the fact that he wasn't married before in the first place.

Now, you'd have to know what state a person was married in to find a marriage record. Maybe he and Brittney or Kristen weren't married in California. Maybe they were married in Tijuana or Alabama, in which case no one would ever think to check for a license there, but there's also no record of divorce. In California.

At any rate, I believe the correction he has emphasized in his bio.

Michele
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$19.99
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 picture1992 Press Photo Musician Billy Burnette in portrait holding guitar - sap07859
$16.88
1992 Press Photo Musician Billy Burnette in portrait holding guitar - sap07859 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved