Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default pete at okney blues festival?

hi everyone,

i was posting to the pre-rumors and realized something:

don brown pointed out a few months ago that pete is scheduled to play at the orkny with the british blues allstars. that's this sat. 9/17. http://www.orkneybluesfestival.co.uk/2005programme.html.

pete's still listed as playing,

http://www.orkneybluesfestival.co.uk/allstars.html.

it would be something to see.

zero
Old 09-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero
hi everyone,

i was posting to the pre-rumors and realized something:

don brown pointed out a few months ago that pete is scheduled to play at the orkny with the british blues allstars. that's this sat. 9/17. http://www.orkneybluesfestival.co.uk/2005programme.html.

pete's still listed as playing,

http://www.orkneybluesfestival.co.uk/allstars.html.

it would be something to see.

zero
Good to hear. Here's hoping he makes his back to Minneapolis eventually.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Ledgie

Default Any reviews??

Has anybody read or heard anything about the show? I believe the All Stars played 17 Sept. Did PG show up?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Bjorn! No news on Peter Green, but good to see you posting here, and hope to see more posts from you!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Hi Bjorn! No news on Peter Green, but good to see you posting here, and hope to see more posts from you!
b, sf2k et al, i second that welcome.

by the way, bob hall's web newsletter:

http://www.boogie.demon.co.uk/newsletter.html

gives the same lineup as the orkney festival site so hopefully they did play w/ pete. note also the long john baldry performance bob plans to release should include pete (nottoden 2004). that would be nice.

zero
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default pg at orkney

here's a link that includes a photo of peter playing w/ the allstars in orkney last weekend.

http://www.orkneyphotographic.co.uk/news.asp

zero
Old 09-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
here's a link that includes a photo of peter playing w/ the allstars in orkney last weekend.

http://www.orkneyphotographic.co.uk/news.asp

zero
Gee, thanks for the information and the picture showing Peter is still "in business".
Old 09-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, zero, thanks for posting the photo. Anyone see any reviews of the show?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Yes, zero, thanks for posting the photo. Anyone see any reviews of the show?
hi,i am new to the ledge.i live in Ireland and i travelled to Orkney to see Peter Green and the all stars.as far as i am concerned they were fantastic,i heard some people were complaining that Peter was not taking lead guitar,i personally was more than happy just to see him on stage.he played some great harp and took most of the solo on black magic woman,on this it was clear to see he has not lost his touch,it was not as stinging as his early playing but more laid back,almost a little jazzy.he sang a couple more,a robert johnson song from his johnson songbook album and leaving town blues,those i think are the songs he performed.the rest of the band were fantastic also,some great lead from miller anderson and slide from dave kelly.the bass player played san francisco bay blues and walking blues solo on the bass,that really was something to see.Bob hall was doing some pretty nifty keyboard playing,overall a great gig performed by british blues legends.i have quite a few photos from the gig,if anyone is interested let me know and i will put some up.by the way can anyone help me to get the tab for Peter Greens world keep on turning and tab for peters version of jumping at shadows?
Old 10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your post about the show, earp1001! It would be great if you could post a few of your photos, I'm sure lots of Ledgies would love to see them

From recordings that I've heard, Peter's playing does sound jazzier lately - reminds me a little of Bob Welch!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp1001
hi,i am new to the ledge.i live in Ireland and i travelled to Orkney to see Peter Green and the all stars.as far as i am concerned they were fantastic,i heard some people were complaining that Peter was not taking lead guitar,i personally was more than happy just to see him on stage.he played some great harp and took most of the solo on black magic woman,on this it was clear to see he has not lost his touch,it was not as stinging as his early playing but more laid back,almost a little jazzy.he sang a couple more,a robert johnson song from his johnson songbook album and leaving town blues,those i think are the songs he performed.the rest of the band were fantastic also,some great lead from miller anderson and slide from dave kelly.the bass player played san francisco bay blues and walking blues solo on the bass,that really was something to see.Bob hall was doing some pretty nifty keyboard playing,overall a great gig performed by british blues legends.i have quite a few photos from the gig,if anyone is interested let me know and i will put some up.by the way can anyone help me to get the tab for Peter Greens world keep on turning and tab for peters version of jumping at shadows?
Hi Earp 1001, nice to have you around. It would be nice to see some of the photographs you took.
Sorry I can't help you to the tabs.
Can you tell me more about Miller Andersons performance? I still get the shivers from his guitar solo on 'Born To Die' on the Keef Hartley album "Halbreed" .
Wouter
Old 10-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Hi Earp 1001, nice to have you around. It would be nice to see some of the photographs you took.
Sorry I can't help you to the tabs.
Can you tell me more about Miller Andersons performance? I still get the shivers from his guitar solo on 'Born To Die' on the Keef Hartley album "Halbreed" .
Wouter
Now there's a name from my past...Miller Anderson. I haven't heard anything by him since I bought Savoy Brown's Boogie Brothers album way back when. Miller Anderson, Kim Simmonds & Stan Webb all together on one album; that was amazing.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Junior Ledgie

hi,this was the first time i have seen any of these guys live and it was amazing.Miller Anderson was effortlessly smooth,obviously his style differs totally from Peters early playing but he was more than capable when it came to the old mac numbers not to mention the rest of the blues classics they performed.there was a heckler giving Mr. Anderson a hard time,he was unfortunately standing right beside me at the time,he was giving him grief about not letting peter green play,Miller came over to him at the edge of the stage and grabbed his hand and i think from what i could hear politely told him where to go and with that the annoying creep cleared of.but being a total professional he stepped back and picked up without missing a beat,very well handled.well in to the set he got tired and sat down at the side of the stage and kept on soloing.on the subject of Peter Green there were times during the show he looked as if he was not entirely with it,messing with his amp and harp microphone but one thing was very clear,when it came to his time to play be it guitar or harp he was completely on the ball and never missed a note and gave the occasional smile which gave you the impression he was enjoying it,at the very start of the show i think it may have been the first song he leaned over to Bob Hall on keyboard and asked how the song started,Bob told him the chords and key and they had a bit of a giggle,this i thought was excellent.if someone lets me know how to put these pictures on the ledge i will do it.they are on my digital camera which is hooked up to my computer so i have no problems there,i need guidance with regard to the ledges picture service.regards from Ireland.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by earp1001
....on the subject of Peter Green there were times during the show he looked as if he was not entirely with it,messing with his amp and harp microphone but one thing was very clear,when it came to his time to play be it guitar or harp he was completely on the ball and never missed a note and gave the occasional smile which gave you the impression he was enjoying it,at the very start of the show i think it may have been the first song he leaned over to Bob Hall on keyboard and asked how the song started,Bob told him the chords and key and they had a bit of a giggle,this i thought was excellent....

e- welcome to the ledge. great posts about the show at orkney. we were all in the dark until those.

great to hear peter is doing and playing well. i'm with you, if pete wants to play harmonica and rhythm guitar with his friends and leave the soloing to someone else that's great. i'll pay to see that everyday until i die.

with regard to posting images, i've never done it, but when you are posting your text, below the box where you type text, below the post icons, and below the first set of 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are 'additional options'. the second one of those is for attach files. if you click on that it brings up a dialog to browse your computer for images. i think it should be easy from there. someone else should jump in on this if i have it wrong. good luck.

also to all, at the fusion club, orkney the allstars were preceded by son henry and his band. son has a website (sonhenry.com) with links to his blog. there he has some notes about orkney, mostly about his performance and band, but he mentions that he will post pictures of the allstars. i sent him a note and he replied immediately that he has pictures and some video he shot with his cell phone that he intends to post when he gets off the road.

do check out son's site and blog too. i think they are excellent.

zero
Old 10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
with regard to posting images, i've never done it, but when you are posting your text, below the box where you type text, below the post icons, and below the first set of 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are 'additional options'. the second one of those is for attach files. if you click on that it brings up a dialog to browse your computer for images. i think it should be easy from there. someone else should jump in on this if i have it wrong. good luck.
Yeah, that's basically all there is to it. Only other thing is that you have to choose either the "post reply" or the "reply with quote" buttons - I don't think you have that option with the "quick reply". You just browse your computer to find the file you want to attach and hit the "upload" button. If I remember correctly, you can upload up to 5 files per post, but you have to do them one at a time. I think there might be a file size limit too.