User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The foursome was supplemented by a second guitarist-vocalist, a keyboard-vocalist, and two backup vocalists, so there was plenty of younger vocal cords on hand to help Nicks (64) and Buckingham (63) hit those high notes."

Well, not really. But okay.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even better, they could have selected one tune from the group's late-'60s blues-rock era, when guitar legend Peter Green was in the fold. I can totally picture Buckingham singing lines like: "I can't help about the shape I'm in/I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin/But don't ask me what I think of you/I might not give the answer that you want me to."
Oh, wow! Lindsey singing Oh Well would be awesome. He outta do that song sometimes!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Oh, wow! Lindsey singing Oh Well would be awesome. He outta do that song sometimes!
You can see and hear him anytime you want on youtube. Its the one in 1975/76 with Stevie wearing pañts and I think we get to see her belly button..lol. They do Get Like You Used To Be, Over My Head, Hypnotised. The video has a for screening only or something like that at the bottom the whole time.

Maybe a more tech savvy Ledgie could figure out which one I'm referring to and link to it.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
You can see and hear him anytime you want on youtube.
Yeah, we were just kidding because the writer of that review was unaware that it had ever happened before. It happened in the seventies. It happened in 2009 and, we hear, it will happen again this year.

Michele
Old 05-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, we were just kidding because the writer of that review was unaware that it had ever happened before. It happened in the seventies. It happened in 2009 and, we hear, it will happen again this year.

Michele
Thx Michele....
There seems to be some new members here lately, I can't keep up....Some of them are so young, I love to stand back and watch them discover all the stuff that some of us have gone over a thousand times.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy Fleetwood Mac Vancouver show

So, my boyfriend and I were all excited to attend Fleetwood Mac on Sunday night in hopes that it would be one of the best nights of our lives. I thought it would be. Only to be ambushed by the militant security that work at the venue.
We were actually enjoying ourselves and expressing that by standing up at our seats and, god forbid, dancing! We were rudely told to sit in the chairs several times. I would understand this if we were at the symphony; however a rock n roll show should not carry the same merit.
After being ejected from the show we realized your security kept the ticket stubs as well which are useless to them, however we were hoping to add them to our collection of the many ticket stubs we collect being the huge music lovers that we are. Left with a bitter pill in our mouths as this situation could have been dealt with in a way more professional way! Not only were we deprived of seeing one of our favorite bands and the amazing legend that is Fleetwood Mac, a chance I will probably never get again, but I have no souvenir. I go to shows to have a good time and enjoy the bands and music I love. Not to be asked to sit on my hands in a chair, I can do that from home in front of a dvd player, and save the outrageous sum of $220 each that the venues charge for shows these days! Thanks Rogers Arena for ruining our night. And what was supposed to be the best Chistmas present to each other! Hopefully the band comes around again so I have a chance to see them again. Oh dont worry I will be sure to sit and peacefully quietly enjoy the show. No dancing or cheering. I am sure the band loves that /sarcasm.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Thx Michele....
There seems to be some new members here lately, I can't keep up....Some of them are so young, I love to stand back and watch them discover all the stuff that some of us have gone over a thousand times.
Like me. After reading reviews from some of the concerts, I was aghast to find people calling "Big Love," "Looking Out For Love." I would sit here and say "It's Big Love you idiot!"
Old 05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilsister View Post
So, my boyfriend and I were all excited to attend Fleetwood Mac on Sunday night in hopes that it would be one of the best nights of our lives. I thought it would be. Only to be ambushed by the militant security that work at the venue.
We were actually enjoying ourselves and expressing that by standing up at our seats and, god forbid, dancing! We were rudely told to sit in the chairs several times. I would understand this if we were at the symphony; however a rock n roll show should not carry the same merit.
After being ejected from the show we realized your security kept the ticket stubs as well which are useless to them, however we were hoping to add them to our collection of the many ticket stubs we collect being the huge music lovers that we are. Left with a bitter pill in our mouths as this situation could have been dealt with in a way more professional way! Not only were we deprived of seeing one of our favorite bands and the amazing legend that is Fleetwood Mac, a chance I will probably never get again, but I have no souvenir. I go to shows to have a good time and enjoy the bands and music I love. Not to be asked to sit on my hands in a chair, I can do that from home in front of a dvd player, and save the outrageous sum of $220 each that the venues charge for shows these days! Thanks Rogers Arena for ruining our night. And what was supposed to be the best Chistmas present to each other! Hopefully the band comes around again so I have a chance to see them again. Oh dont worry I will be sure to sit and peacefully quietly enjoy the show. No dancing or cheering. I am sure the band loves that /sarcasm.
They actually kicked you out for standing up during the songs?
Old 05-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

yep. when i asked "why exactly am i being kicked out?" They said we were standing and other people didnt like that. nevermind the fact we were in the seated area, not in the stairwell. and because some people hijacked our original seats to begin with security had made US move back instead of kicking the people out of OUR seats. Thats not the policy and i know it. Every time im in the wrong seat i sure as hell get thrown back to my own seat! Worst security job ever and ive been to ALOT of concerts.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilsister View Post
yep. when i asked "why exactly am i being kicked out?" They said we were standing and other people didnt like that. nevermind the fact we were in the seated area, not in the stairwell. and because some people hijacked our original seats to begin with security had made US move back instead of kicking the people out of OUR seats. Thats not the policy and i know it. Every time im in the wrong seat i sure as hell get thrown back to my own seat! Worst security job ever and ive been to ALOT of concerts.
I'm so sorry this turned into such a bad experience for you.I hope it won't deter you from seeing FM again.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Silver Springs by Rob Feller