Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So it appears BuckVie is top 10 both sides of the Atlantic

I hope its sales do well as it's such a superb album.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree! I haven't slept much the past week, because these songs are so damned catchy, that I keep hearing them in my head! It's such a fun album!

"Sometimes I wonder, do you ever think of me...." THAT'S the line that I CAN'T get out of my head.
It's the MARIMBA keeping you up at night!!!

I have my favorite go to songs, but it's best played from beginning to end. BuckVie has a great album flow to it. Every song has something interesting about it, be it lyrically or musically. Yes very catchy indeed! Let's face it though, we have all been starved for so long to hear that FM sound again. At last our addiction is being fed!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
It's the MARIMBA keeping you up at night!!!

I have my favorite go to songs, but it's best played from beginning to end. BuckVie has a great album flow to it. Every song has something interesting about it, be it lyrically or musically. Yes very catchy indeed! Let's face it though, we have all been starved for so long to hear that FM sound again. At last our addiction is being fed!!!
This album sounds so freaking good on my car, and I don't think the merit is on my old little car. The merit is on our guys!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-17-2017 at 01:01 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This album sounds so freaking good on my car, and I don't the merit is on my old little car. The merit is on our guys!
Cause Fleetwood Mac RAWKS!!
Old 06-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
So it appears BuckVie is top 10 both sides of the Atlantic

I hope its sales do well as it's such a superb album.
i don't see them being in the US top 10 regardless of their #6 on HDD list, UK sales were way better, just looking at amazon for example. but i guess we'll see.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie on how she overcame her fear of flying, how she buffered Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham

Rodney Ho

This was posted on Monday, June 19, 2017 by Rodney Ho/rho@ajc.com on the AJC Music Scene blog

Christine McVie spent 16 years away from the music business, opting for a life of leisure in the English countryside. One reason for retirement at the time: she had built up a paralyzing fear of flying after 40 years on the road.

But in 2014 after a therapist helped her overcome that phobia, she reunited with her old band Fleetwood Mac for a triumphant tour that electrified Atlanta’s Philips Arena not just once, but twice, during its 2014-2015 tour.

At the time, McVie decided to write songs again with mercurial bandmate Lindsey Buckingham. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, she had penned some of the band’s biggest hits, including “Don’t Stop,” “You Make Loving Fun” and “Say You Love Me.”

In 2014, Buckingham and McVie booked a studio just to see if they could recapture the chemistry of the 1970s.

“We just loved what was coming out,” McVie said in a phone interview Monday. “Obviously, the magic was still there. We found it incredibly easy to work together again.”

After the tour, they wrote a few more songs and created the album “Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie” and scheduled a summer tour that begins in Atlanta at Chastain Park Amphitheatre Wednesday. (Buy tickets here.)

Some news reports said this was originally going to be a Fleetwood Mac album but was scuttled by Stevie Nicks. McVie said that wasn’t the case.

“She was on the road finishing a tour,” McVie said. “She wasn’t even there. Lindsey and I are the players. I play piano. He plays guitar. From that point of view, it was important for us to play together after not doing so for so many years.”

The album, which also includes contributions from Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, “was completely organic. There was no intention in the beginning to finish an album but we enjoyed the process and how it all worked out.”

The set list, she said, will include eight songs from the new record and many of the classic Fleetwood Mac hits that she sang including “Everywhere” and the 1982 hit “Hold Me,” which was not included on the most recent Fleetwood Mac tour.

McVie, now 73, said she has been re-energized and has no immediate intention of leaving Fleetwood Mac again.

The 2014-15 tour, she said, “was such a joyous occasion. I could speak for all of us. First of all, they wanted me back. And I wanted more than anything in the world to come back. Every night, the floor boards on the stage were virtually screeching with electricity. We all felt it. We just loved every single gig. We had such a blast. The audience response was so great. They gave us energy. They gave us adrenaline. And we gave it right back.”

Fleetwood Mac will reunite again for more touring in 2018, plus a couple of special dates in New York and Los Angeles this summer with the Eagles.

Not surprisingly, the band’s dynamics are far less tumultuous than they were in the 1970s and 1980s. She is well aware of her reputation as peace maker between Nicks and Buckingham.

“I’m often described as Mother Earth in that way,” McVie said, “especially by Stevie because I seem to be sort of the soft padding between them both. There’s Lindsey on one side and Stevie on the other. I’m the buffer.”

Other topics broached:

On the Jimmy Fallon appearance with the Roots and kids from SeriousFun (Paul Newman’s camp for kids with serious illnesses): “I think it goes down as one of the most memorable days of my life. I loved the whole idea. Jimmy Fallon is such a cool guy and it’s such a great charity. It was just so sweet. I had a tear in my eye at the end.”

On reviews of the album, which have been mostly positive: “We’re very happy with the record. We love it if everybody else is happy, too. But I don’t read reviews after concerts. I never have. So far, what I’m hearing from the record company, they’re quite happy.”

On her voice: “I think my voice has held up really well. I’m doing vocal coaching, which is a very prudent thing to do. I hadn’t been doing that during the last tour. I think that really helps the voice. None of us can hit those really high notes anymore. We just take a song a half a step down, it’s not much different.”

On leaving the band in 1998: “I was in my mind a retired woman. I had other issues. I was frightened of flying. My father was ill. I wanted to spend time with him. I decided to move back to England, lock, stock and barrel. I relinquished my green card. I wanted to get out of living out of a suitcase and just live in England. So I did. That was good for about five years or so. Then I started twiddling my thumbs and made an album out of my garage with my nephew, who’s pretty handy with [editing software program] Pro Tools.”

How she resolved her fear of flying: Around 2013, “a therapist told me to get a ticket to Maui, which is where Mick lives. I have a friends who live there. Buy the ticket. You don’t even have to get on the plane. Just keep it in your wallet. So I did. Then ironically, Mick called me from Maui. ‘Chris, are you in London? I’m coming over next week.’ I said I had just bought myself a ticket to Maui. He couldn’t believe it. Long story short, he came over. I met up with him, hung around him while he was promoting a Fleetwood Mac with the four of them at that point. I flew to Maui. I didn’t even notice the plane taking off. I asked Mick how it would be if I came back to Fleetwood Mac. I did some blues with his band there in Maui. It felt pretty good. The reaction was amazing. Mick, of course, was delighted about me wanting to come back and told the rest of the band. I had a call from Lindsey. He said, ‘You can’t leave again! You have to commit!’ I can’t leave again. I won’t!”

CONCERT PREVIEW

Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham

7:30 p.m. Wednesday. $25-$225. Chastain Park Amphitheatre, 4469 Stella Drive, Atlanta. www.livenation.com.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 06-19-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cheers for posting this button-lip.

Christine has confirmed the tour will include Everywhere and Hold Me.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Adding the link of the article because you can buy tickets for the Atlanta show.

http://music.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19...stain-june-21/
Old 06-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

HOLD ME?!!! I'M DYING! I wish I was able to go to one of the shows! Hold Me is my favorite Christine song. Can someone who attends a show film it, I need to hear Hold Me lol!
Old 06-19-2017, 03:54 PM

Hold Me!! Yes!!

Everywhere?? I"m over it..
Old 06-19-2017, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
HOLD ME?!!! I'M DYING! I wish I was able to go to one of the shows! Hold Me is my favorite Christine song. Can someone who attends a show film it, I need to hear Hold Me lol!
wow - Hold Me is huge news!! someone should put a separate thread with that announcement - we've been waiting for Hold Me to be performed live for decades!

EDIT: never mind, i started the thread - can you tell i LOVE this bit of news!! it is shaping up to be an incredible setlist!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-19-2017 at 04:45 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow - Hold Me is huge news!! someone should put a separate thread with that announcement - we've been waiting for Hold Me to be performed live for decades!

EDIT: never mind, i started the thread - can you tell i LOVE this bit of news!! it is shaping up to be an incredible setlist!
It is indeed incredible news!! Although I do recall an interview with Christine prior to the 2014 tour where she mentioned they'd be playing Brown Eyes which never happened. Hopefully this isn't the same! Pretty impressive to dig out Hold Me...I was 2 years (and 3 days) old the last time they played it together!

I could totally live without Everywhere though. There are better songs for her to pull from - Spare Me a Little, Why, even Oh Daddy I'd prefer to another Everywhere.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It is indeed incredible news!! Although I do recall an interview with Christine prior to the 2014 tour where she mentioned they'd be playing Brown Eyes which never happened. Hopefully this isn't the same! Pretty impressive to dig out Hold Me...I was 2 years (and 3 days) old the last time they played it together!

I could totally live without Everywhere though. There are better songs for her to pull from - Spare Me a Little, Why, even Oh Daddy I'd prefer to another Everywhere.
Think About Me, since that was their big vocal collaboration on Tusk.

Isn't It Midnight

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-19-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Think About Me, since that was their big vocal collaboration on Tusk.

Isn't It Midnight
Oh, I like that!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's news that she hadn't done vocal coaching before until this tour. I'm glad she is and hopefully it will help her.