The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:10 PM
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 171
Default Mick Fleetwood on Stevie Nicks' solo career and future of Fleetwood Mac

[IMG][/IMG]http://wror.com/2017/03/15/mick-flee...fleetwood-mac/

There is no prevailing animosity in Fleetwood Mac over Stevie Nicks’ decision to continue with her solo endeavors, including tour dates, according to drummer and co-founder Mick Fleetwood.

In Austin, Texas to speak Wednesday (March 15) at the South By Southwest music conference, Fleetwood acknowledged that the upcoming duo project by Mac members Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie dubbed Buckingham McVie, was partly caused by Nicks’ decision not to join her bandmates in the studio during the past couple of years. But he says that’s something Fleetwood Mac has grown used to over the years:
“She’s doing what she loves to do, and that’s nothing new. She’s been in and out of Fleetwood Mac doing her thing, and she truly has more than anyone a profoundly different level of a career outside of Fleetwood Mac…and that’s nothing new. She’s busy and happy doing what she does and she always comes home to roost….This happened so many times before and stuff, and I say never say never in terms of Fleetwood Mac is alive and well…There’s certainly a vision that next year we’ll all probably be heading towards doing that work as a band.”


There’s no official release date yet for the Buckingham McVie album, while a deluxe edition of the group’s 1987 release Tango In The Night is due out March 24. Fleetwood Mac is rumored to be played a pair of Classic Rock festivals with the Eagles this summer, but Fleetwood would not comment on that.

Fleetwood is in Austin to launch the campaign for is new book, Love That Burns: A Chronicle of Fleetwood Mac Volume One: 1967-1974, which is being published September 19 by Britain's Genesis Publications.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67 : 03-15-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-15-2017, 07:50 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,502
Default

I don't like the "there's no official release date" part. I wish they had added, "but the album is expected to drop some time in May."

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-15-2017, 08:27 PM
svnwndrs svnwndrs is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 135
Default

"doing that work next year as a band...." says Mick. So does that mean all 5 of them will be recording a new record, or just ANOTHER tour? I'm broke as a joke so I can't see them in concert and would much rather have new music. Sounds crazy but they all should take a break from touring (especially Stevie!) Other than that comment, nothing in this article seems like real news to us fans....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,333
Default

I wish I would have known Mick was in town for SXSW- I could have walked down there from my office. Stevie was in town this week, too- I wonder if their paths crossed?
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM
TheWildHeart67 TheWildHeart67 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 171
Default

I thought I read Mick was at Stevie's show?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-15-2017, 10:01 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnwndrs View Post
"doing that work next year as a band...." says Mick. So does that mean all 5 of them will be recording a new record, or just ANOTHER tour? I'm broke as a joke so I can't see them in concert and would much rather have new music. Sounds crazy but they all should take a break from touring (especially Stevie!) Other than that comment, nothing in this article seems like real news to us fans....
Unfortunately, I think it means another tour without new music. Stevie's made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to spend a year in the studio being unhappy making an album that won't ultimately sell.

And I can't imagine Buckingham McVie coughing up another ten songs between them in so short a time.

But hey, I would LOVE another full-band album, in addition to the duo album we're supposed to be getting. I just want that release date for the duo album firmed up very very soon.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Stevie's made it pretty clear that she doesn't want to spend a year in the studio being unhappy making an album that won't ultimately sell.
Good lort, what a drama queen(her and Madame Fleetwood both).

A YEAR? Yeah, maybe for Lindsey, and a few months for Mick, John, and Chris.

Wasn't she THREE WEEKS in the studio on Tango?

What an idiot...
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:02 AM
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 811
Default

Could the lack of an actual release date for the Buckingham McVie album mean it might be shelved in favour of an actual Mac album next year? Could the reference to Lindsey and Christine being "dubbed Buckingham McVie" mean that it won't be the title of the project if it is indeed released? The article does refer to the "upcoming duo project" so I hope that is an indication it will still be released.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Could the lack of an actual release date for the Buckingham McVie album mean it might be shelved in favour of an actual Mac album next year? Could the reference to Lindsey and Christine being "dubbed Buckingham McVie" mean that it won't be the title of the project if it is indeed released? The article does refer to the "upcoming duo project" so I hope that is an indication it will still be released.

I think the cover story for Uncut magazine shows it is 99.9% certain the B-M album will be coming out. My hope would be they are still sorting out logistics for live shows and other promotion and they want to withhold release until everything is fully in place.
I must remember to pick up a copy of Uncut.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:51 AM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I thought I read Mick was at Stevie's show?
I don't keep track of Stevie's solo career anymore. I actually didn't know she was in Austin this past Sunday until I heard radio commercials for it the week prior. I also hardly check the Rumours forum these days because there's no new music and lots of unhappy people.
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-16-2017, 10:55 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Could the lack of an actual release date for the Buckingham McVie album mean it might be shelved in favour of an actual Mac album next year? Could the reference to Lindsey and Christine being "dubbed Buckingham McVie" mean that it won't be the title of the project if it is indeed released? The article does refer to the "upcoming duo project" so I hope that is an indication it will still be released.
Mick said it was being released in May and alluded to a tour that he would not be a part of.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-16-2017, 12:29 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I don't keep track of Stevie's solo career anymore. I actually didn't know she was in Austin this past Sunday until I heard radio commercials for it the week prior. I also hardly check the Rumours forum these days because there's no new music and lots of unhappy people.
Louie, in the past you once said you would never go see SN live again until she changed her set list. This tour is a dream set list and I had wondered if you attended the Austin show.Now I know and it's a shame you let the opportunity pass you by, IMO.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-16-2017, 01:19 PM
louielouie2000's Avatar
louielouie2000 louielouie2000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Louie, in the past you once said you would never go see SN live again until she changed her set list. This tour is a dream set list and I had wondered if you attended the Austin show.Now I know and it's a shame you let the opportunity pass you by, IMO.
After Stevie did 24k I just stopped caring about her solo career. Then her refusing to be involved in a new Mac album sealed that. I don't have any regrets I missed her solo show.
__________________
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/The_Plant_-_Sausalito_-_front_door_2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-16-2017, 04:14 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I thought I read Mick was at Stevie's show?
Yes, he was. Someone posted a picture of him sitting in the audience in the Stevie forum.

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-16-2017, 05:08 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
After Stevie did 24k I just stopped caring about her solo career. Then her refusing to be involved in a new Mac album sealed that. I don't have any regrets I missed her solo show.
It's been a slow brewing boil for me.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved