The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM
JimSATX JimSATX is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 44
Default Fleetwood Mac and Eagles planning New York and L.A. festivals for 2017

From Billboard.com:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...rk-los-angeles
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSATX View Post

Oh. So I guess that pretty much confirms the tour is off until next year then?
'The coast shows are the only dates Fleetwood Mac has scheduled for 2017, says a source'
I hope this doesn't include reference to Buckingham-McVie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Ench Ench is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 114
Default

It's going to take more than this to make me believe it.

Quote:
Representatives for Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did not immediately reply to requests for comment.
No confirmation from Don H = I still think it's unlikely to happen.
I shudder to think what the ticket price would be.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:02 PM
olive olive is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 2,617
Default

i can see fleetwood mac getting together to play the oldies for for a pay check but if the Eagles do it it's would be disrespectful ( for a lack of a kinder word )


Don Henley says the Eagles are done. It was always Glenn Frey’s band.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i can see fleetwood mac getting together to play the oldies for for a pay check but if the Eagles do it it's would be disrespectful ( for a lack of a kinder word )


Don Henley says the Eagles are done. It was always Glenn Frey’s band.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html
Don has been waffling on this. In September he said he was open to touring if Glenn's son would join the band. 2 months later he walked back the comment. It tells me people are throwing money at them to tour one more time.

I actually hope the big tour is delayed one year. That would give time to Buckhingham/MvVie to hit the road. I always believed that Buckhingham/McVie would not tour because there was not time to do so. I don't seen them scrambling doing a short tour to run and join a huge tour. It sucks the tour already missed the 40th anniversary of the release of Rumours but I would LOVE a year of Buckhingham/McVie before the monster farewell tour. This miracle of an album happened. Lets not release it and then not properly promote it. I want to soak up every minute. And yes I am hoping for a tour.
The article mentions 2 stadium festival dates. I don't see either band touring around such a festival.
__________________
Let's go Buck/McVie

Last edited by Macfan4life : 03-02-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-02-2017, 06:36 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh. So I guess that pretty much confirms the tour is off until next year then?
'The coast shows are the only dates Fleetwood Mac has scheduled for 2017, says a source'
I hope this doesn't include reference to Buckingham-McVie.
I wouldn't read too much into that. It's all that's scheduled as of right now. That could always change.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2017, 08:35 PM
SuiteShangriLa's Avatar
SuiteShangriLa SuiteShangriLa is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 920
Default

even if this does happen, anyone wanting to go is gonna be paying $1,000's
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 508
Default

Um, excuse me, it's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey! What the **** are they thinking?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:07 PM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Um, excuse me, it's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey! What the **** are they thinking?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what else
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:10 PM
BLY BLY is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Um, excuse me, it's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey! What the **** are they thinking?
Exactly.....The Eagles are done.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:20 PM
secret love secret love is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don has been waffling on this. In September he said he was open to touring if Glenn's son would join the band. 2 months later he walked back the comment. It tells me people are throwing money at them to tour one more time.

I actually hope the big tour is delayed one year. That would give time to Buckhingham/MvVie to hit the road. I always believed that Buckhingham/McVie would not tour because there was not time to do so. I don't seen them scrambling doing a short tour to run and join a huge tour. It sucks the tour already missed the 40th anniversary of the release of Rumours but I would LOVE a year of Buckhingham/McVie before the monster farewell tour. This miracle of an album happened. Lets not release it and then not properly promote it. I want to soak up every minute. And yes I am hoping for a tour.
The article mentions 2 stadium festival dates. I don't see either band touring around such a festival.
Mark my words, Buckingham McVie will not tour.

How could they tour with Mick and John and not call themselves Fleetwood Mac?

And if they did tour without Mick and John, who would they hire to be their rhythm section? They could have the best rhythm section in the world but if they did, imagine the controversy. It would be mini Mac. Stevie would not be happy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-02-2017, 10:53 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ what else
If any of them needs the money, then they're bigger idiots than Mick!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2017, 12:50 AM
BombaySapphire3 BombaySapphire3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco Bay area
Posts: 3,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If any of them needs the money, then they're bigger idiots than Mick!
It's not need it 's greed.
__________________
Children of the world the forgotten chimpanzee..in the eyes of the world you have done so much for me. ..SLN.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,633
Default

I agree its hard to go on without Glenn Frey. Can you imagine if Don Felder came back for the tour though? That is the only way I see them going on. Then again, Fleetwood Mac went on without Lindsey and NO ONE thought that was possible. The Mac even rolled on without Christine.
If the big final Mac tour is pushed til next year I think its a real possibility of a Buckhingham/McVie tour. And if it happens, I am prepared to spend $1000 for a front row seat
__________________
Let's go Buck/McVie
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-2017, 07:35 AM
BlanketMan BlanketMan is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree its hard to go on without Glenn Frey. Can you imagine if Don Felder came back for the tour though? That is the only way I see them going on. Then again, Fleetwood Mac went on without Lindsey and NO ONE thought that was possible. The Mac even rolled on without Christine.
If the big final Mac tour is pushed til next year I think its a real possibility of a Buckhingham/McVie tour. And if it happens, I am prepared to spend $1000 for a front row seat
I agree, they'd have to bring Felder back to even call it the Eagles at this point. Henley, Walsh, and Schmit just wouldn't be the Eagles. Sure, you can get away with touring with a line-up of unknowns if you're the Vogues, but not the Eagles, or the Mac for that matter. I thought bringing in Jackson Browne for the Grammies performance was a good idea - he was around them a lot during the early years, and would be a suitable replacement for Frey - but they didn't sound great. I'm sure some more rehearsing would resolve that.

Curious to see if this rumor is true...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee picture1983 ORIG STEVIE NICKS 'WILD HEART' ALBUM COVER LAYOUT W/ OVERLAY FRONT & BACK
$699.99
1983 ORIG STEVIE NICKS 'WILD HEART' ALBUM COVER LAYOUT W/ OVERLAY FRONT & BACK  pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood 1977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small
$375.0
1977 US Tour Fleetwood Mac Shirt with Ticket, Vintage Womens small  pictureFleetwood Mac Poster Tusk Two Sided Stevie Nicks
$199.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster  Tusk  Two Sided  Stevie Nicks picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved