Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gather around children, time for a story

Ok, I've been meaning to tell this story. I figure nows as good a time as any. I was in Sioux City for Fleetwood Mac in 2004, and there were these 2 farm women, not exactly what I'd call "Hotties" who it looked like this was their first night out in about 10 years, save for their weekly family excursions to the Local Wal-Mart McDonalds. So these 2 were chatting while getting hammered and about halfway through the show on of them looks at the other and points to the stage looking at STEVIE, and exclaims:

"I didn't know Christine was still in Fleetwood Mac!"

After my momentary stunned silence I decided to F**K with them and I turned around and said, "Hey ladies, did you know Christine was very pro-gay?" They were like "NOOO WAY REALLY?" I said: "Yeah, she wrote a song called Brown Eye." They F***IN bought it!!! I dont know if Ive ever laughed so hard in my entire life!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't you just love how stupid people are most of the time

Thats something I've done to some kids at school before when they were talking S**T about the Mac machine
Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Registered

Default Story #2

Ebay....yes, Ebay...

About 2 years ago (summer 2005) I was messing around surfing Ebay one day. Under the autographs section, there was a lonely little auction by a British Seller. He had a signed 45 of Tusk. He didn't know who the autograph was, and didn't post a photo of the record. He wanted the equivalent of 2 dollars (pounds) for it, and the shipping was incredibly cheap so I thought, "What the hey?" I bid on it and got it. He said he had no idea who the autograph was....it was hard from the way the person signed it to even read who it was.

I E-mailed him some Q.'s about how he got the record. He said that it was donated to a charity auction (1990's ?) and he bought it. It was a lonely thing that nobody wanted.

I did receive the 45 in good condition. It is Tusk with the original picture sleeve. The picture sleeve is autographed. Guess who? I'd swear that it was Chrsitine McVie...if it is original? Who knows?

If I post a photo..would you guys vote "yea" or "nay" if you think it's Christine's John Hancock?
Old 06-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
If I post a photo..would you guys vote "yea" or "nay" if you think it's Christine's John Hancock?
Sure, go ahead & post a photo. Chris does have a distinctive way of writing her e's, so maybe we can tell if it's legit.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Registered

Default Tusk Autograph

This is my first time doing this -- hopefully I have done it correctly...if not, then I will try, try again.

T.D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tusk3.jpg (37.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
This is my first time doing this -- hopefully I have done it correctly...if not, then I will try, try again.

T.D.
I would say that is not her signature, unless she was in an extreme hurry. Usually her signature is alot more legible & her e's are usually very distinctive. This is just my opinion & of course I could be wrong.